Sign in to follow this  
Winstonbaby

Thinking of Ditching AMD, ATI for INTEL and NVIDIA?

I don't want to sound arrogant or whatever, but the system I built for you was better than that. You've changed a lot of things for no obvious reason. For example, the motherboard. I'd changed it to a Asus Z68 motherboard, one of the best, most stable there is.

I don't want to sound arrogant or whatever, but the system I built for you was better than that. You've changed a lot of things for no obvious reason. For example, the motherboard. I'd changed it to a Asus Z68 motherboard, one of the best, most stable there is.
Sorry, I did not notice the mobo change. I really don't think it will be that big of a difference to be honest with you. The case I changed for a full tower just in case I need more room for more goodies later on. As for the HDD's, I went for what I thought would work best for my situation. And, I did say I wanted the i7 instead of the i5 processor. So, there was an Obvious resason for me to make the choices I made. Still, Thanks for the help! REALLY!

I also made a little change to the CPU cooler. Will give you an even cooler OC, but the liquid is still really good. No problems at all. It's your computer after all hahaha.

Guest simmer9304

Yeah, a push-pull configuration on the cooler (two fans) is much more desirable. Keeps the cool air moving through quickly. I'm also an ASUS fan and so anything not ASUS looks suspect to me but the Gigabyte board looks solid

If someone wants to buy a 64GB SSD because boot up time is that important to them, I suggest loading the entire OS on the SSD and using a slower speed HDD for storage (think cheap Caviar Green) and a Caviar Black for FSX (Plenty of room, speed, and cheap per GB). Test show (an it should go without saying) that SRT's performance isn't as fast as booting the OS from an SSD. I think Intel's SRT is more a gimmick, though it does help boot times among other things.
Yes, I was not that into buying one looked and saw the advantages. I was trying to just say that if you were so into storage speeds, get it over a VRap. It will help your boot times over time and there are results to say that is does actually improve read/write time by 4x. It will not do wonders for FSX, I never said that I said that it would help FSX in its load times. It will never be as fast as a SSD, derr, its still got moving parts so I was not trying to say that. Its one thing I may do to my system later but to me right now the monitor is more important.

Yeah, a push-pull configuration on the cooler (two fans) is much more desirable. Keeps the cool air moving through quickly. I'm also an ASUS fan and so anything not ASUS looks suspect to me but the Gigabyte board looks solid
Push pull helps my temps by about 3 degrees on idle. Not as much on load though.

Skimped on a crappy motherboard and PSU just to get a 2600K that you might not even be able to overclock all that much in that board.... sorry but you should have taken the advice you were given Winstonbaby and go with a board with proper VRM (not the LX apparently)

Yes, I was not that into buying one looked and saw the advantages. I was trying to just say that if you were so into storage speeds, get it over a VRap. It will help your boot times over time and there are results to say that is does actually improve read/write time by 4x. It will not do wonders for FSX, I never said that I said that it would help FSX in its load times. It will never be as fast as a SSD, derr, its still got moving parts so I was not trying to say that. Its one thing I may do to my system later but to me right now the monitor is more important.
wow you've gone and changed your story completely. Dazz: that's why I suggested the P8Z68-V. Probably one of the most solid boards available for OCing.

Morning Di, ppl put me right if I am wrong , but my feeling is for an overall performance and stability everything counts from your CPU / MOBO / GPU / RAM / PSU / HDD-SSD.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Correct. Otherwise one component is going to bottleneck another, even by the littlest amounts can cause stutters etc in FSX

wow you've gone and changed your story completely. Dazz: that's why I suggested the P8Z68-V. Probably one of the most solid boards available for OCing.
I don't remember saying I would buy one. I said that it would be a better buy than a VRap if the speed of your storage is so important to you because it will not do wonders for FSX, I said that it would help your load times that is not saying wonders. And for many things SRT would kill the VRap.

Actually you said you were looking to buy one with your next system.

Skimped on a crappy motherboard and PSU just to get a 2600K that you might not even be able to overclock all that much in that board.... sorry but you should have taken the advice you were given Winstonbaby and go with a board with proper VRM (not the LX apparently)
As I said earlier, I didn't notice the motherboard change that Di suggested. At that point in the postings, there were more comments going back and forth about storage devices and the different configs. I'll try to call Cyberpower to see if I can change the board, but like I said earlier as well, i really don't think it will make that much of a difference. Thanks for the input.