Sign in to follow this  
Sky_Sailor

Door L1 can not be opened via Options in the FMC.

Hi TogetherI did several flights with the NGX, today I experimented a little with the options in the FMC.I found that the Door L1 can not be opened. Does anybody expierience the same behavior?Best regards, Urs

Hi TogetherI did several flights with the NGX, today I experimented a little with the options in the FMC.I found that the Door L1 can not be opened. Does anybody expierience the same behavior?Best regards, Urs
All that is required to open a door is that you are on the ground, and power is connected(I think). I assume you were and it was? -Spencer Hayes

Without any electrical power, You are locked in !!! LMAO.gif

I recall another thread about this and the reason the user couldn't get the door open was that the plane was pressurized.

Noah Bryant

Just out of curiosity, in the real world, how do the crews get in to the aircraft when there is no power!?
From what I've read, the pros say 'cold and dark' is virtually unheard of for crews on the line. Maintenance crews power up the aircraft for first cycle. Don't know about the 73x but on an A320 video I saw they (maint) entered via hatch below the cockpit. btw PMDG - congrats on an astounding achievement - gorgeous airplane. edit - pressurized huh? nice.

Regards,

Mark

Something tells me you are referring to this ANA video...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDnrVXes1qkThe video edit is quite misleading, it indeed gives you the impression that the guy boarded the aircraft from the hatch, however this is not possible on the A320. Besides if he had done that he wouldn't be entering the dark cockpit from the cabin like he does in the video ;) However it is possible to escape from the cockpit via the avionics compt to the ground on the A330 (by opening a hatch on the cocpit floor)...The only thing I can think of was that the guy in the video went through some checks before actually boarding the plane (via normal steps).

I recall another thread about this and the reason the user couldn't get the door open was that the plane was pressurized.
Yep, according to that thread - until the cabin pressure equalised you couldn't open the doors and you need to be powered up to equalise the pressure.

AMD • 5800X3D • RX7900 XT • B550 • 32GB DDR4
pmdgswitch.jpg

Yep, according to that thread - until the cabin pressure equalised you couldn't open the doors and you need to be powered up to equalise the pressure.
And actually I just experienced this yesterday. Couldn't open any door due to the differential in cabin pressure due to my incorrect setting of the landing altitude.

Noah Bryant

In real life, you don't need electrical power to open the doors. That said, I don't know if you can open the doors on the NGX when there is no electrical power while the plane is already depressurized. Might be worth checking this out later tonight...

To answer the question, in real life, the doors do not require power to open. If you think about it logically, at least two examples of times when the door must be able to operate without power. 1. After a long parking period, overnight to moths/years in storage. In these instances all power is removed from the door circuits.2. Emergency. In an emergency, doors must be able to be opened from the exterior and interior to facilitate rescue/escape regardless of the operation of any flight system. Look at this picture and notice that once this plane ran out of fuel, the only power remaining would be batteries and minimal AC from windmilling. Once on the ground the engines stopped and all power was lost. Yet passengers escaped out the doors. EDIT: This AC did not run out of fuel in flight. I picked the wrong crash. However conclusion is still true.800px-Crash_Turkish_Airlines_TK_1951_cockpit_2.jpg

Something tells me you are referring to this ANA video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDnrVXes1qk

The video edit is quite misleading, it indeed gives you the impression that the guy boarded the aircraft from the hatch, however this is not possible on the A320. Besides if he had done that he wouldn't be entering the dark cockpit from the cabin like he does in the video ;) However it is possible to escape from the cockpit via the avionics compt to the ground on the A330 (by opening a hatch on the cocpit floor)...The only thing I can think of was that the guy in the video went through some checks before actually boarding the plane (via normal steps).
That is indeed the clip - thanks for the correction, looking back at it now it's obvious - duh! Big%20Grin.gif

Regards,

Mark

Yes, to open a door you don't need any power, the door can be opened from the outside, just make sure that the evacuation slide is not armed, this case happens sometimes at airlines causing a delay or aircraft change with some work for the maintenance crew. By the way, today my left door worked! I had the APU running and the electrical haydraulic pumps to on, but the doors are not driven by hydraulic fluid.Regards, Urs