Sign in to follow this  
Mendoza

Video of amazing PMDG 737NGX from Cold and Dark to TOC

Nice video.Just one thing that I noticed, you turned on the anti collision beacon early. This is turned on just before starting the engines, not while on the ramp with doors and hatches open ;)

Bjørn Helge Småvollan

Hello Hikmet, i get to the part where i switch the two IRS nobs to nav then a little while after they both flash align and i get Enter irs postion in the fmc window? can you help pleasejames.

Hi, Hikmet Thank you for the video. It's great and I found it usefull. The only one comment i have, you turn on beacon not in time ) Waiting for landing video ) Regards,Andrey

Hi THRUSTER57 Go to "C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\SimObjects\PMDG 737-800NGX WL" and delete the file "state.CFG" Always set parking brake before IRS Aligning.

Hello Hikmet, i get to the part where i switch the two IRS nobs to nav then a little while after they both flash align and i get Enter irs postion in the fmc window? can you help please
The necessary steps were shown in the video: you need to go to the POS INIT page of the FMC and copy and paste your current position to the empty line there. Just click on the line key next to the coordinates of the LAST POSITION entry, this will copy the coordinates to teh scratchpad line at the bottom of the FMC. Then you click on the line key next to the line of squares to paste in these coordinates. Done.

Hi Hikmet, Thanks for posting the video. I'd prefer an audio narration rather than the music. I appreciate the cockpit ambience noise...

Hello, i am only a learner can you help...i get right up to entering LTCGLTAC into line two of the route page( left side) and it says invalid entry?james.

Hello Hikmet, i get to the part where i switch the two IRS nobs to nav then a little while after they both flash align and i get Enter irs postion in the fmc window? can you help pleasejames.
JamesOn the fmc... enter FMC then INIT REF then INDEX then POS .... enter your airport id and gate number ... that will give you your initial position .... if you start from cold and dark, just click it into the scratch pad then load it, otherwise it is already there. Hope this helps

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Hello, i am only a learner can you help...i get right up to entering LTCGLTAC into line two of the route page( left side) and it says invalid entry?james.
Sorry to say but that was to be expected, he saved a flightplan under that name so it would not take a lot of time entering the complete plan while making the video... you will have to enter from and to and a complete plan with waypoints and airways.. try making a valid plan here : Routefinder flight planning services Good Luck Willem Ruys

Yes Willem is correct. I had ​first made a flighplan that was called LTCGLTAC.rte and moved that file to the directory FLIGHTPLANS of PMDG You can find the directory here "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS"

To: Whoever made the video - ---------------One of my pet Utube peeves -- Videos with elevator music, while someone endulges themself in some complex procedure, clicking away at thing etc, without a work of explanation. It's even worse when you do this in a 737 cockpit !!! Geoff
couldnt have put it better........great vid, but bad audio

Hi PMDG and Flightsimmers, I want to ask if something is wrong in the video at 20:20 min. what happened there? if you look at ND where you change your route path to circle-like path and the aircraft doesnt know what to do and begins swaying to the left and right. Is that a bug? I do not know. This happens every time I use this flight plan.