Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ESzczesniak

OOM Errors - Hints for tracking them down

I'm looking for hints trying to track down what appears to be some OOM errors. I've been flying the NGX around Hawaii and 3/3 flights have had FSX freeze and then CTD. It's happening at very random points in the flight. This randomess combined with the freeze followed by CTD makes me think this is an OOM error. I've been flying these flights because of the great scenery (I have all the FSDreamteam airports plus extra scenery for several of the islands) and short flight times, but packing all these scenery packages in to a small area probably doesn't help. I do not have this problem with other aircraft, but the NGX adds a bit more complexity on top of this as well and I'm not convinced that this is related purely to the NGX rather than just the straw that broke the camel's back. I am working through the tried and true of deactivating varius sceneries to see what helps and what doesn't. However, if anyone has particular hints or knows of any Hawaii package that is prone to OOM (I think I have most all of them installed), I'd appreciate the help. Eric Szczesniak

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm having similar issues, and would also love some hints as to how to track down if it's really the 4GB VAS space issue- I'm imagining it would take a tremendous amount of scenery/addons to do that, or is it an error in the scenery.

I'm looking for hints trying to track down what appears to be some OOM errors. I've been flying the NGX around Hawaii and 3/3 flights have had FSX freeze and then CTD. It's happening at very random points in the flight. This randomess combined with the freeze followed by CTD makes me think this is an OOM error.I've been flying these flights because of the great scenery (I have all the FSDreamteam airports plus extra scenery for several of the islands) and short flight times, but packing all these scenery packages in to a small area probably doesn't help. I do not have this problem with other aircraft, but the NGX adds a bit more complexity on top of this as well and I'm not convinced that this is related purely to the NGX rather than just the straw that broke the camel's back.I am working through the tried and true of deactivating varius sceneries to see what helps and what doesn't. However, if anyone has particular hints or knows of any Hawaii package that is prone to OOM (I think I have most all of them installed), I'd appreciate the help.Eric Szczesniak
Another method is to get back to "basic - low sliders" in FSX and nothing else .. no scenery weather programs etc. and default Cessna ....If all OK with FSX Hawaii default ... thenAdd PMDG basic .. nothing else ... no paints etc.Fly again .. if all ok.Add one more thing (new scenery one at a time .. last).... test again ... for several flights.Keep adding / testing / until you have a problem then get the Event Viewer failure module data.

You are going to have to start eliminating things, too bad it takes time to occure. Is it any flight? Never with any other aircraft? The controls.dll isn't a pmdg module and haven't seen this error posted every day so I am assuming it is something in your system. At least that is a start.