Sign in to follow this  
Michael Steininger

Framerate loss due to latest nVidia drivers

Hello,I think it is very important to write this here! I'm using a Nvidia GTX580 in combination with an Intel Core i7 980X.With the latest nVidia drivers 280.26 (released 09.Aug.) and 275.33 (rel. 01.06.) I have a graveframerate loss especially playing Microsoft Flightsimulator X. The Frameratesare exactly halved and FSX in some situations isn't playable.The last good driver for FSX was the Version 270.61 released 28.04.2011I recommend to download the archieved driver 270.61 on the nVidia homepage.A Simmer who is living next to me made the same experience with a core i7 and a GTX260. http://www.nvidia.co...aspx?lang=en-us Regards Ps. I am angry about that I didn't post this issue earlier here. Sorry

Did you fresh install the new drivers or did you just express install?

Did you fresh install the new drivers or did you just express install?
I never do express installs. I always first remove the old drivers before install a new one. Regards

How did you remove the old drivers? Via the option in the new drivers install?

How did you remove the old drivers? Via the option in the new drivers install?
I have an German OS. I don't know how it is in an engl. Ver. of Win7.By right klicking on the desktop, you reach menu where you can find the grafic driver.There you can remove the driver before installing the new one. Regards

Guest Turboblower

I am running 270.61. I tried the .33 drivers some time back and with poor results. Went back to the .61's as they are very stable. I am also using a GTX580. I have read in the Avsim forums of simmers having bad experiences with the .33 drivers.

I have an German OS. I don't know how it is in an engl. Ver. of Win7.By right klicking on the desktop, you reach menu where you can find the grafic driver.There you can remove the driver before installing the new one. Regards
Michael, not a good idea to uninstall your drivers that way. I used to use driver sweeper to remove but now it can be done doing a custom install. Reinstall 270.61, select custom install , select uninstall previous, it will then install and you will be fine.

In the new driver installer, under custom install, there is a tick box for clean install. This is the best thing to use.

I am running 270.61. I tried the .33 drivers some time back and with poor results. Went back to the .61's as they are very stable. I am also using a GTX580. I have read in the Avsim forums of simmers having bad experiences with the .33 drivers. Michael, not a good idea to uninstall your drivers that way. I used to use driver sweeper to remove but now it can be done doing a custom install. Reinstall 270.61, select custom install , select uninstall previous, it will then install and you will be fine.
I ment this, but I didn't know how to explain. THX

I'm not having any issues with the new driver. Also with GTX580. I usually uninstall the old driver first, however, that is no longer necessary with nVidia drivers, the installer does it for you. If you are using nVidia Inspector, don't forget to fire it up after install, to make sure the nVidia control panel hasn't taken over. Martin Wilby

It may or may not be the driver. If you guys/gals are having issues AND you have ENB mod try removing the ENB mod and see how it works. For some reason I cant run ENB with the NGX. When I do I loose my AA and my frames really drop. Take the ENB out and I am locked at 30 again. Just a suggestion to try. Jim

Jim Wenham

Hello,I think it is very important to write this here! I'm using a Nvidia GTX580 in combination with an Intel Core i7 980X.With the latest nVidia drivers 280.26 (released 09.Aug.) and 275.33 (rel. 01.06.) I have a graveframerate loss especially playing Microsoft Flightsimulator X. The Frameratesare exactly halved and FSX in some situations isn't playable.The last good driver for FSX was the Version 270.61 released 28.04.2011I recommend to download the archieved driver 270.61 on the nVidia homepage.A Simmer who is living next to me made the same experience with a core i7 and a GTX260. http://www.nvidia.co...aspx?lang=en-us Regards Ps. I am angry about that I didn't post this issue earlier here. Sorry
As per my sig, i have a GTX560Ti. I installed the 275.33 drivers with terrible results. I had BSODS. Went back to 270.61 and no problems, great performance and everthing stable.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Interesting. I have a setup similar to yours (i7 990X and also running a GTX580).After trying a lot of different drivers, I finally settled with the 270.61 version which gives me the best results in terms of performance, quality and stability.I didn't even bother to try the very latest drivers since it appears that nVidia are mainly optimizing new drivers for the latest gaming titles, not giving a hoot about those using FSX.

Dave P. Woycek

Interesting. I have a setup similar to yours (i7 990X and also running a GTX580).After trying a lot of different drivers, I finally settled with the 270.61 version which gives me the best results in terms of performance, quality and stability.I didn't even bother to try the very latest drivers since it appears that nVidia are mainly optimizing new drivers for the latest gaming titles, not giving a hoot about those using FSX.
Unless i am going to get significant performance with stability, as long as i have this card, i see no reason to touch things. Since the advent of the NGX, i feel that i have done more tweaking,optimizing and configing than flying.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg