Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

I wish I could have something like this in FSX and/or MSFS

I was watching twit today and they mentioned following maps website by NOKIA: http://maps.nokia.com/ please select 3D maps from top right hand.it will ask you to install a plug in, please allow it.then choose a city by pressing at the lower left hand side of the page (labeled).a list of cuties will come up, choose any, and enjoy flying around the city in real photo quality tour. I just wish that we could get this kind of quality in FSX or even in the new MSFS when it comes to 3D real photo scenery. finally; I hope I'm not braking any rules by posting links in here. thanks

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

X-Plane 10 is looking fantastic, too bad PMDG is not developing add-ons for x-plane or I think almost everyone on this forum would be on the x-plane platform. Will be interesting to see if flight has any capabilities which will compare.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

x-plane 10 looks good, but I never liked its current 9.6 UI and controls, may be they will do improve it in their new version.back to the subject, there is nothing today in FS world that matches the Nokia 3d maps details even Google maps. if we can have the option to have live 3d scenery update right from one of those maps providers.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

This new Xplane version looks outstanding. If Flight fails delivering the true improvements the sim community needs after the introduction of fsx 2006 this version of XPlane could be the answer.

I have both XPlane 9 and FSX, but no matter how slow, archaic and buggy FSX is, I just keep coming back to it. XPlane is far smoother than FSX, but it doesn't have the scenery, aircraft and versatility that FSX does. And I have to agree with what was said above, the UI is clunky and confusing! Regards,Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Whoever took those shots needs to turn AA on lol...
..and thats photo quality? No, i don´t get the point, i haven´t seen any screen of X-plane10 that impressed me so much to say- Yes thats 2011´ Pc stuff...

Reg

Klaus

from LOWG

Got X-Plane, haven't had it installed for over a year now. Awful interface and the flight dynamics aren't as good as they are marketed to be.

Matt Webb

Whoever took those shots needs to turn AA on lol...
ROFL Ryan making my day constantly! I can't leave FS Guys, I'm sorry, no matter how good XPlane looks, my heart, my soul everything will stay with FS.Is it because of Xplane's lack of addons, or community? IS it because it's not mainstream? Is it because I've inter-twined so much with MSFS?What ever the cause is, I'm sticking to my FS.Xplane looks Depressing either way.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

ROFL Ryan making my day constantly! I can't leave FS Guys, I'm sorry, no matter how good XPlane looks, my heart, my soul everything will stay with FS.Is it because of Xplane's lack of addons, or community? IS it because it's not mainstream? Is it because I've inter-twined so much with MSFS?What ever the cause is, I'm sticking to my FS.Xplane looks Depressing either way.
I am with you Jamalje, I have tried Xplane and didn't like it, I thought the marketing was good but was disappointed, it has all been said. Anyway I have spent a fortune on Scenery and aircraft and for that matter computers why would I want to change now. The only disappointment with the Microsoft FS series is that you struggle to bring addons forward with the new release, it took me a while to move to FSX I am glad I have, but I am not sure how quickly I will move to the next product. Sorry I have probably gone off topic.

Dave Boreham

I am with you Jamalje, I have tried Xplane and didn't like it, I thought the marketing was good but was disappointed, it has all been said. Anyway I have spent a fortune on Scenery and aircraft and for that matter computers why would I want to change now. The only disappointment with the Microsoft FS series is that you struggle to bring addons forward with the new release, it took me a while to move to FSX I am glad I have, but I am not sure how quickly I will move to the next product. Sorry I have probably gone off topic.
Lol, you're not going off topic, just voicing your opinion.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue