Sign in to follow this  
1kris007

How to improve Cessna 172's performance in FSX?

Hello everyone! Been trying to figure out how to make the default 172 perform a little better for the fun of it.I've tried editing max_rated_hp, but i didn't see much difference! Thought that this was the best place to come to get some advice. Thank you in advance.

Hi, Try this file from RealAir. I hear it works perfectly fine with FSX, and it's supposed to be a nice improvement over the flight dynamics of the FSX original. http://www.realairsi...tered&submit=Go GG
That only says FS2004 though :(Are you sure that it will work with X?
[piston_engine]power_scalar = 1.125 // Was 1.0
Thank you!!!

Hello everyone! Been trying to figure out how to make the default 172 perform a little better for the fun of it.I've tried editing max_rated_hp, but i didn't see much difference! Thought that this was the best place to come to get some advice. Thank you in advance.
select extra instead of cessna LOL.gif

I believe the C172 is loaded with 4 people, some baggage and 100% fuel by default. You can reduce this to just the pilot and enough fuel for your flight. The C172 may be a four-seater, but it's better if you think of it as a 2-seater with lots of luggage space LOL.gif

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Well, I think it might help us answer you if you defined what you meant by "performed better". Yes, the RealAir freeware works in FSX (though I think I did go through the aircraft.cfg and edited it some with some new FSX stuff). It will "perform better" if what you mean is that it's flight characteristics are closer to reality. But if you are looking to "soup it up" and make it go faster, well, compare the aircraft.cfg to that of the extra and you might get some ideas.

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg