Sign in to follow this  
danieln

How serious do you take the NGX?

Limited coverage would not seem to be a major issue. Far better to have a few Pilots concentated as hight density traffic in a limted area, than higher numbers, spread out across the globe, in very low traffic density.
DING DING DING! Bang on.
So, its like a Mini Vatsim, with Drones, and limited to the USA.
You've almost got it. The differences go beyond limited coverage and some drones:- guaranteed ATC coverage during operating hours (will ramp up to 15x7) - guaranteed ATC quality (the QA process is very rigorous and the controlling bar is set far higher than would be considered feasible on a volunteer network) - real world frequency usage (pilots don't know or care of the back-end is staffed, 3 controllers, 5 controllers, 20 controllers, it's all transparent). You dial the frequency for the facility you're trying to reach, be it clearance, ground, tower or a TRACON/enroute freq right off the chart for flight following. - 5Hz position updates as well as sharing/rendering of light settings, control deflections, gear retraction state and power settings (much like FSMP, from what I understand) - range-limited voice CTAF. You can dial the published freq at a non-towered airport and hear other pilots in the local area that are on the same freq. Climb higher, hear further...get low, hear less. Note: the drones are not computer-generated, they were hand-flown flights that were recorded and are now playing back 24x7. These include basic VFR air work (steep turns, stalls, simulated engine out), low level helicopter tours through the Grand Canyon and around Catalina (KAVX), high speed military formation flights on published Military Training Routes or in Restricted/Warning/MOA airspace.

Keith Smith

PilotEdge Founder

ASEL (instrument)

Lancair 360

Wilco had the 737 PIC and the ERJ series. The 737PIC is one of my old FS9 favorites, and the Feelthere ERJ V2 is my favorite regional for FS9/FSX. Also, it's a little crummy downing other companies in a support forum for PMDG. Unless it's completely objective.
+1

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

FSX is only a GAME. !! Sorry, but if you think otherwise, you really do need to get a life.
Throw a set of PFC or Flightlink controls behind it along with an instructor and this 'game' becomes an FAA approved FTD .......... oh wait no thats X-Plane, but FSX is pretty much the same thing with the right add-ons, and much prettier imho Big%20Grin.gif

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

I take it super seriously: I only eat micro-wave meals on FS days...and don't go to the bathroom as the routes are always just *that* bit too short..I wear uncomfortable crummy polyester blend white shirts and swear when I spill coffee.Speaking of the coffee, I brew it, then only drink it after it's been sitting on the heater for three hours..*phfft* god it's still too strong.I make a friend/neighbour come over and sit to the left of me harp about "old times" and how things were better with "three real pilots in the cockpit"Before I get started another friend will come over and give me crap for "leaving the battery on" and give me crap for "breaking the ******-**** **** (*breath*) **** airplane...you ****"I take my usual wages from me normal job, convert it to cash, then give it in daily increments as per diem...only not to use it for food/expenses but save it for that outrageous pilot watch and sunglasses I "needed"... etc, etc... haha joking

How serious do you take the NGX? What rules do you set when you fly the NGX (if any)? Do you ever drink on the job? Maybe you enforce a ban? Or perhaps when you leave your PC unattended during cruise, you monitor your flights progress through your iPad at the other end of the house- constantly. [Caution]: A reinforcement of common-sense since we have brought up drinking and flying. It is strictly forbidden in real life and should never be attempted under any circumstance. I'm sure everyone knows why.
I am also very dissapointed that the beer can holder is not moddeled on the NGX, Handflying an approach while trying to not spill your beer is certainly a challenge Ceri

Wilco had the 737 PIC and the ERJ series. The 737PIC is one of my old FS9 favorites, and the Feelthere ERJ V2 is my favorite regional for FS9/FSX. Also, it's a little crummy downing other companies in a support forum for PMDG. Unless it's completely objective.
I guess..But come on, if you go jump in an abacus plane you will see what I mean. I think they targeted kids with that one. "Oh look, a huge plane I can fly in this game, I can even walk around in it!" Nevermind Flight Dynamics and modeling!

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

I guess..But come on, if you go jump in an abacus plane you will see what I mean. I think they targeted kids with that one. "Oh look, a huge plane I can fly in this game, I can even walk around in it!" Nevermind Flight Dynamics and modeling!
Can't argue with that.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

When I have free time a try to fly it the best I can. But one thing that I enjoy more is flying with some friends using skype while on a virtual network, like ivao, being sitted for hours for me is waste of time, so when i'm not with friends, I grab a book and read the max. i can in that situation.