Sign in to follow this  
cubs

FPS limiter bat file

I want to help, that's why I said what I did.... I was a Pro tweaker, now I am not, that's all... geez... try to help some and they get all riled up I guess.... like I said, on my notebook, this is what worked! Someone just like me may benefit..that's all... some won't ..some will..... free advice :)most pilots like free stuff

Your file in post #57 worked!!! This is not a matter of luck, Don! Redo a new bat file and copy/paste what is in that post. If it worked then - it will work now.
PaulI started from scratch, but I just get the cmd windows for the programs See Pic?http://doswindowopensnoprogram.th.jpg

Hi Don;Looks like your problem all along has been because FSX was not in "F:\Flight Simulator" but in "F:\FSX", and your ASE_Exec.exe has been installed into you old ASA folder.This is how it should read now:-@ECHO OFFSET PATHF=F:\FSXCLSC:CD C:\"Program Files (x86)"\HiFi\ASAstart .\ASE_Exec.exeF:CD "%PATHF%"start .\FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9.dll /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "%PATHF%"\fsx.exePAUSEEXITTHis should now run properly.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

PaulHere is what's happening now, ASE will start that's fine but fsx & the limiter will not. See pic. Also with this batch file is the design of the file is to allow the ASE to start first then FSX & Limiter? If so how will I be able to control my weather?For me I normally will start ASE, get weather brief, load a flt pln and start FSX from within the ASE. Is this how this batch file is setup?

Don; would you please take a screenshot of your F:\, showing fsx.exe and the limiter files, please. A couple or three if necessary, a second shot showing your batch file opened for editing. Thanks.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Also with this batch file is the design of the file is to allow the ASE to start first then FSX & Limiter? If so how will I be able to control my weather?For me I normally will start ASE, get weather brief, load a flt pln and start FSX from within the ASE. Is this how this batch file is
No - as it is now - the bat file will run ASE first, then it will launch the limiter. It is the limiter which launches FSX. If you want ASE first, then just remove it from the bat file, launch ASE first, set it how you want - then dbl-clk on the bat file to start the limiter and fsx. Here is the file without the ASE call:-@ECHO OFFSET PATHF=F:\FSXCLSF:CD "%PATHF%"start .\FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9.dll /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "%PATHF%"\fsx.exePAUSEEXIT

PaulHere is my current bat file. See pic for fps limiter and FSX paths. So Paul, how are you getting weather to FSX when you don't start FSX in the ASE program? I'm a bit confused?@ECHO OFFSET PATHF=F:\FSXCLSC:CD C:\"Program Files (x86)"\HiFi\ASAstart .\ASE_Exec.exeF:CD "%PATHF%"start .\FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9.dll /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "%PATHF%"\fsx.exePAUSEEXIT

Please move FPS_Limiter.exe, HookHelper.dll, Limiter_D3D9.dll into the ROOT folder of FSX.Place the bat file on your desktop, then run it.

So Paul, how are you getting weather to FSX when you don't start FSX in the ASE program? I'm a bit confused?
PMFJI, but when you start ASE, it waits for Simconnect to start and connects automatically. No need to start fsx from within ASE via the toolbar. That's just a convenience. The only time I had a problem (don't think I tried in the current build of ASE) was exiting FSX and then restarting didn't always cause weather to update.scott s..

Yeah, Scott, I had actually covered that in the slightly earlier post, but then somehow dumped it when studying the screenshots. It wasn't 'till doing that, that I found Don has the FPS_Limiter in it's own folder. After that I got "a little short"...I used to run the Maddog once or twice a week, and started it using the a similar bat process, but using FSBuild to make the plan, exporting it to ASE, then firing up a bat file to start the Limiter and the Maddog Load Manager - which also will start FSX as it exits.There are many ways to skin the cat. Nowadays I fly mostly VFR around the terrific OrbX PNW airfields, plus online with Zoolander and the DigitalThemePark guys (as mentioned in the Avsim Multiplayer forum)

Okay,Here is my lastest, I'm getting ASE to start first, but I'm still getting a path error for the limiter file. The pic showes my latest bat fileAlso I'll be out till next Mon so enjoy your Holiday.current .cfg@ECHO OFF SET PATHF=F:\FSX CLS C: CD C:\"Program Files (x86)"\HiFi\ASA start .\ASE_Exec.exe F: CD "%PATHF%" start .f:\"fsx\FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9.dll /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "%PATHF%"f:\fsx\fsx.exe PAUSE EXIT

start .f:"fsxFPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9.dll /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "%PATHF%"f:fsxfsx.exe ?????Please - move FPS_Limiter.exe, HookHelper.dll, Limiter_D3D9.dll into the ROOT folder of FSX.The script below WILL run properly:-SET PATHF=F:FSXCLSF:CD "%PATHF%"start .FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9.dll /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "%PATHF%"fsx.exe

PaulI finally got it going, but I would like to know how your getting weather into FSX if your setup like I am? As it is now, when I hit my .bat file, ASE will boot then FSX. I normally start ASE and within it, I'll load my flt pln, weather and start FSX. Is there away to accomplish this or this is it?current .bat file:@ECHO OFFSET PATHF=F:\FSXCLSC:CD C:\"Program Files (x86)"\HiFi\ASAstart .\ASE_Exec.exeF:CD "%PATHF%"start .\FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9.dll /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "%PATHF%"\fsx.exePAUSEEXITDon

See my pm, Don.