Sign in to follow this  
cubs

FPS limiter bat file

Okay I figured out how to edit the .bat file but I'm getting an error see pic.limiter2.th.jpg"]http://limiter2.th.jpg[/url]Here is how I edit the .bat file:@ECHO OFF CLS SET PATHF=F:Flight Simulator C: CD C:Program Files (x86)HiFiASE start .ASE_Exec.exe F: CD "%PATHF%" start .FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9.dll /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "%PATHF%"fsx.exe PAUSE EXIT

That's because your ASE exec is not in the folder, t's here:-From your pic - it's at C:Program Files (x86)HiFiASAASEAny time you put a path into any kind of batch file - the path names MUST be exactly correct.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Okay like this?@ECHO OFFCLSSET PATHF=F:Flight SimulatorC:CD C:Program Files (x86)HiFiASEASEstart .C:Program Files (x86)HiFiASAASE_Exec.exeF:CD "%PATHF%"start .FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9.dll /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "%PATHF%"fsx.exePAUSEEXIT

Okay Paul, bear with me here. I guess I'm not understanding fully of what I'm missing here. So can you just fix it for me and then I'll see my error?Here is a copy of my .bat file:@ECHO OFF CLS SET PATHF=F:Flight Simulator C: CD C:Program Files (x86)HiFiASEASE start C:Program Files (x86)HiFiASAASE_Exec.exe F: CD "%PATHF%" start .FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9.dll /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "%PATHF%"fsx.exe PAUSE EXIT

I tried thi as well:@ECHO OFF CLS SET PATHF=F:Flight Simulator C: CD "C:Program Files (x86)HiFiASAASE_Exec.exe" start .C:Program Files (x86)HiFiASA F: CD "%PATHF%" start .FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9.dll /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "%PATHF%"fsx.exe PAUSE EXITunled4yf.th.jpg"]http://unled4yf.th.jpg[/url]

@ECHO OFFCLSSET PATHF=F:\Flight SimulatorC:CD C:\Program Files (x86)\HiFi\ASA\ASEstart C:\Program Files (x86)\HiFi\ASA\ASE\ASE_Exec.exeF:CD "%PATHF%"start .\FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9.dll /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "%PATHF%"\fsx.exePAUSEEXIT

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

OK, then use quotes:-@ECHO OFFCLSSET PATHF=F:Flight SimulatorC:CD "C:Program Files (x86)"HiFiASAASEstart "C:Program Files (x86)"HiFiASAASEASE_Exec.exeF:CD "%PATHF%"start .FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9.dll /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "%PATHF%"fsx.exePAUSEEXIT

I've added the quotes but I'm getting this: SEE PICunled8h.th.jpg"]http://unled8h.th.jpg[/url]

Don - I reckon you should go back to post # 57. You had it running just fine. Let's do that again - forgetting ASE for the moment. Get back asap, thanks.

Paul, I tried it earlier but had no luck. But I did just try it again and it still doesn't work see pic.batfilewithoutase.th.jpg"]http://batfilewithoutase.th.jpg[/url]

Your file in post #57 worked!!! This is not a matter of luck, Don! Redo a new bat file and copy/paste what is in that post. If it worked then - it will work now.

throw away all them tweaks, fixes and .bat limiters!!! I am serious... after months, and I mean months of doing it all.. following them all, pulling my hair out, I'm done with them. A fresh FSX.cfg and no tweaks but the autogen tree and the TBM brought from 40 to 80 do the trick for me...no other tweaks for performance anymore!! And FSX, PMDG NGX are smoother (stutters mostly gone now, all the tweaks may add more FPS slightly, but they do introduce stutters and other hesitations.. nothing would fix that I found out) .... stutters mostly gone now for good... fsx the way it was meant to be...

I guess we differ in our expectations, Peter, as I, and many others who help out here, personally tweak our bios, the OS and FSX in order to get the maximum performance that we want - and we do get it, and with solid reliability. Perhaps you might consider helping out in the forum, also, as many simmers we meet here - especially the newcomers, or the not-so-computer-savvy flight simmers - have never learned your secret.All the best,

I guess we differ in our expectations, Peter, as I, and many others who help out here, personally tweak our bios, the OS and FSX in order to get the maximum performance that we want - and we do get it, and with solid reliability.
Agreed. I spend months (3.5 to be exactly) on getting FSX running well on my new pc, but as it is now I get smooth performance above PNW and all Orbx airports, even above Seattle and Portland with all graphic sliders full right (only water one notch down). Fps won't drop below 25 and usually stays at my max 30 (using an external limiter). I could have gone the easy way and settle for autogen at Dense, but I didn't buy a new pc for that... Nothing beats seeing PNW with REX skies and sparkling water plus ASE driven clouds above Extremely dense autogen.'FSX the way it was meant to be' for someone else clearly isn't what it is meant to be for me. ;) Anyway, without tweaks and fixes and limiters I'd be flying with Dense autogen and other low settings and still get mediocre performance...