Sign in to follow this  
jackjda2

Who wants a 717 for FSX?

Perfect for short island hopping flights in Hawaii with Hawaiian. We now have all the airports. Plus SWA will soon be flying them. I for one think this is a fantastic aircraft. If you have ever flown on one or seen the flight deck, you know what I mean.So, who else wants a 717. Let's truly see if there is enough demand to justify a product.Jack

Nah, I'd much rather have a nice A330 biggrin.png , or a wood pidgeon!
Wow, that's a really nice shot of Rónán on takeoff, really shows the beauty of the 330 [/thread drift]

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Wow, that's a really nice shot of Rónán on takeoff, really shows the beauty of the 330 [/thread drift]
Lol, didn't notice it was yourself flying that, nice takeoff! wink.png

Lol, didn't notice it was yourself flying that, nice takeoff! wink.png
Oh no, that ain't me, I haven't been to Boston so far this September. No what I meant was "St. Rónán" the aircrafts name, EI-EAV. Sorry bout the confusion, besides, I'd never comment on my own takeoff like that, self-praise is no praise, as the phrase goes. If you want to see one of my takeoffs in a video, you'll notice that the aircraft banks a little to the left right after takeoff, then over corrects slightly to the right, then returns wings level, It's a force of habit I picked up in my early training from wanting to be sure that the control surfaces are effective, It's never left me since wink.png Although to be honest, I think you'd only notice it if you were looking at the PFD, it's only about 2 degrees bank either side of level... That's a good indication that I'm the one flying...

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Oh no, that ain't me, I haven't been to Boston so far this September. No what I meant was "St. Rónán" the aircrafts name, EI-EAV. Sorry bout the confusion, besides, I'd never comment on my own takeoff like that, self-praise is no praise, as the phrase goes. If you want to see one of my takeoffs in a video, you'll notice that the aircraft banks a little to the left right after takeoff, then over corrects slightly to the right, then returns wings level, It's a force of habit I picked up in my early training from wanting to be sure that the control surfaces are effective, It's never left me since wink.png Although to be honest, I think you'd only notice it if you were looking at the PFD, it's only about 2 degrees bank either side of level... That's a good indication that I'm the one flying...
Oh right, probably should have guessed that considering the giant St Rónán plastered on the side, nice tip about finding one of your takeoffs on you-tube, I'll have to look up some Aerlingus A330 takeoffs now and try and spot you.wink.pngBTW, I'll be flying to Orlando next month at the end of October, you don't know if you'll be flying that route then do you? If you are, could I come up front before we leave and take a few photos?

I'd love a 717. I'm prolly gonna take the plunge on either the Coolsky MD-80 or Leonardo's though in the mean time...:)

Wow that's amazing honestly! I can't wait to the day I can upload myself landing / taking off the LH queen like suredt does! Lucky guy! You don't even need a PMDG airbus, when you're fly real one! :( (Not sure about the validity of that argument, last A320 pilot i've talked to said he flew in fsx when off duty, he just "couldn't get enough") :)

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Nah, I'd much rather have a nice A330 biggrin.png , or a wood pidgeon!
Love the A 330, too. It is such an elegant airliner. And after some initial hassle it became immensely popular with over 1100 orders until now, almost as successful as the 777. I would pay a fortune to get it in PMDG quality.Praying.gif

Oh right, probably should have guessed that considering the giant St Rónán plastered on the side, nice tip about finding one of your takeoffs on you-tube, I'll have to look up some Aerlingus A330 takeoffs now and try and spot you.wink.pngBTW, I'll be flying to Orlando next month at the end of October, you don't know if you'll be flying that route then do you? If you are, could I come up front before we leave and take a few photos?
You might be in luck, I'll be flying that route out on the 27th of October and then back on the 29th, is your flight on either of those dates? Unfortunately no photos though, unless you're with the media and suprivised by our PR and Advertising department, then photos of the flight deck are a big No-No, apparently it gives a bad impression onto the public, I don't really see how, but they've studied for 4 years and gotten a degree in it, so I'll just have to take their word. That's why there's no pictures of our cockpits anywhere on the internet, other than ones from the media. But I can still give you a tour before we push back, just tell the flight attendants that Ronan invited you and they'll let you up... Let me know if those are your dates in advance though will you. Rónán.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

You might be in luck, I'll be flying that route out on the 27th of October and then back on the 29th.Rónán.
OMFG YES!!!! I'm flying out on the 27th!!! I've never been in a cockpit before, thanks a million. Shame about the photo thing but I'm not really that bothered. I'll see you then. You've just made my day. biggrin.png

OMFG YES!!!! I'm flying out on the 27th!!! I've never been in a cockpit before, thanks a million. Shame about the photo thing but I'm not really that bothered. I'll see you then. You've just made my day. biggrin.png
Haha, no bother, see you then.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I'd love a 717 for FSX! I would absolutely love it! PMDG says they won't make one because there isn't enough demand. But, it seems like there is a new topic on a 717 for FSX every 2-3 weeks or so.