Sign in to follow this  
jackjda2

Who wants a 717 for FSX?

I want a PMDG 717! 10 years for the oldest is not old. 40 years for the oldest DC9 is old. AirTran has not been selling and getting rid of their 717s, they've been adding to their 717 fleet, picked up 2 this year. Just a fact check.
Looks like the CEO of Southwest, is having second thoughts on that!! There is some hope for them, I read a story from Bob McAdoo an Airline Analyst that said , Southwest, may trade in the 717's for more 737's with Boeing, who will turn around and lease them to Delta to replace the NWA's DC-9's. http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?do=main.textpost&id=c4f94beb-1199-4f21-9dbe-5423110c0db6

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Looks like the CEO of Southwest, is having second thoughts on that!! There is some hope for them, I read a story from Bob McAdoo an Airline Analyst that said , Southwest, may trade in the 717's for more 737's with Boeing, who will turn around and lease them to Delta to replace the NWA's DC-9's. http://www.aero-news...be-5423110c0db6
That's what I have heard. Regardless, a 717 would be really cool. I am especially interested in a Southwest Airlines 717 in the future.

Why is it that I cannot access the link provided by Efussander for the 717? Every time I click on it it says server not found.

I'd buy a 717 that worked as good or better than the Leonardo MD80. a PMDG MD11 derivitave would be great. NGX would be really drool time.

I'd deploy a 717 fleet as a Qantaslink/Cobham 717 fleet in Western & Northern Australia and Far North Queensland.

Darwin, Gove, Alice Springs, Ayres Rock/Connellan, Perth, Broome, Newman, Kalgoorlie, Port Hedland, Cairns, Townsville to name a few destinations. They'd make a nice compliment to the other Qantaslink equipment I am using now, the Q400, and the Cobham equipment, the RJ100. That, and the new Orbx Broome, the already existing Orbx Alice Springs and Cairns, the OZx Ayres Rock and Townsville, and the Ants Aussie Darwin... would just about make the bits of Australia that aren't Brisbane Sydney and Melbourne as fun to fly as the bits that are.

However if I had to choose between a PMDG 717 and a PMDG 787 ... Let's just say I'd like to see the HUD.

I'll buy a good b-717 anyday! I have flown on them around hawaiian islans and they are awesome!

Delta is getting all 88 717's from Southwest to start replacing their CRJ's.  Delivery scheduled to start in August.  I guess the Regional Jets are heavy gas guzzlers.

Chris Sunseri

Count me in. As long as it has what a real one does I am game. No sub par graphics. Cpt out.

Delta is getting all 88 717's from Southwest to start replacing their CRJ's.  Delivery scheduled to start in August.  I guess the Regional Jets are heavy gas guzzlers.

You sure it's RJ's they're replacing? I'd think it'd be the DC-9s and older MD-88s they're still flying.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You sure it's RJ's they're replacing? I'd think it'd be the DC-9s and older MD-88s they're still flying.

Yes, at least some of them are replacing RJ's. My flight instructor recently retired from Mesaba (or I guess Pinnacle now), and he said they were going to start voluntary layoffs because of major fleet cuts with the 717's coming in. I think they were going to be dropping around 50 aircraft.

I sat next to a Delta FO a couple months back who was deadheading somewhere and he mentioned "I'm glad we won't have these around much longer" meaning the CRJ-200's or "fitty (50) seaters" as I like to call them.  As you mentioned Ryan, the DC-9's are going bye-bye too of which they own around just 15 now.  Delta is getting several new CRJ-900's as well, so their fleet will see a big change.

The MD-88's are getting retrofitted with newer, larger PFD and MFD LED displays, so I'd imagine they would stick around for awhile longer.  Might PMDG be interested in a 717 for FSX someday?  All I can say is I'd love to see one!!

Chris Sunseri

+1 for the 717 I done 5 flights in them I love the steep climbs off the Runway  they do.  I love how its about a 717 and straight away the topic gets stolen to the A330

Jason Richards

The small ~50 seat jets are uneconomical to run at current fuel prices, so many airlines are phasing them out. This applies both to Canadair's CRJ-200 and Embraer's ERJ-145

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations