Sign in to follow this  
Burnspot

PMDG - How to Service Hydraulics

Ryan indeed you are right.What we need though is just more regular updates and communication. On that note are you guys planning to add functionalities to certain systems in the SP1?

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Daroll, Please show me where we ever said the NGX going to be bug free? I'm quite sure we didn't. In fact I specifically recall saying that it absolutely would have bugs found but that we would not *KNOWINGLY* release it with unfixed bugs. That is exactly what we did - virtually none of the stuff that's been reported were things we knew about at release, especially not the really major issues with freezing and activation. Our bug tracking system did not have open/unfixed items in it when we released. If the hydraulic fluid isn't being refilled with the service button, that's literally a 2 second fix in the code - something's either commented out or getting lost logic wise. What we're not going to do is release a million tiny patches for every issue like this - if something's wrong it'll get fixed in SP1. It will be next week before I know for sure on this issue as I cannot talk to the person responsible until then. The idea that this plane is extremely buggy functionality wise is just flat out not true. All of the super complicated systems work fine - something like this hydraulics thing is extremely minor in the grand scheme of our programming. If LNAV and VNAV weren't working or the custom engine coding was constantly failing, you'd have a point. What I'm sick of are people promoting the ideas that 1. We knowingly released with bugs like this (why would we release with a bug that takes 2 seconds to fix if we knew about it? What possible reason do you think we have to do that? and 2. That we won't fix bugs that are found. You probably aren't even aware of 90% of the things that have already been fixed for SP1...
THAT´S ALL!

Like i said before: give it time. We all know when SP1 is coming. If you find a bug and post about it here, I'm pretty sure someone from PMDG will read about it. They might not reply to your thread, but between all the activation issues, panel freezes, SP1 and the 6700 package, can you blame them? And, besides, this is PMDG we are talking about. You know they are the best in the business. Even if Ryan wouldn't have said it above, I refuse to believe they would knowingly ignore bugs. The whole reason for not making public a definite release date is so that they are free to fix bugs as they come along, and not get pressed by release. The NGX is the best plane that rolled on the virtual tarmac of FSX. Many people didn't experience any crippling bugs. As evidence to that, the hole PMDG beta tester team gave the green light to release it. Like Ryan said, they fixed a bucket load of bugs. They will fix this one too. In fact, it might have already been fixed. Just hold on for one more week. Until then, start from cold and dark like the rest of us.

Cristi Neagu

Well said Ryan...the plane working great without bugs from day one in various HOT systems: VNAV, LNAV Magenta line drawing, flying and system logics. This was a discussion I had with a friend of mine today. Lets wait for some minor bugs to be resolved on SP1...Until then enjoy and fly the plane with all the hydraulic fluid left...!

Themis Katakalos

Athens - LGAV