Sign in to follow this  
ga

Full rudder left/right after landing is this a bug?

After landed ILS/Full I pull over to hold, I think after this or just before the rudder suddenly gives full right or left? Any one having this and this must be a bug? Have happend almoust every time....

Are you controlling the plane manually after wheels down? Your supposed to take manual control as soon as you touch down. The 737-800 is not like the bigger Boeing Jets that will steer you down the centerline until you stop. There is no automation of the rudder in the 737-800 during an autoland. If your not manually steering it after wheels down your going to drift off the runway. No it is not a bug, if you read manuals at least the Introduction and tutorial parts this is all explained.

Are you controlling the plane manually after wheels down? Your supposed to take manual control as soon as you touch down. The 737-800 is not like the bigger Boeing Jets that will steer you down the centerline until you stop. There is no automation of the rudder in the 737-800 during an autoland. If your not manually steering it after wheels down your going to drift off the runway. No it is not a bug, if you read manuals at least the Introduction and tutorial parts this is all explained.
I might be mistaken, but isn't a fail operational 737 capable of maintaining centerline?

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

doesnt the "rollout" in land3 keeps the centerline after touchdown?

There is no automation of the Rudder on a 737-800 during autoland. Let go of the controls and you will drift off the runway. It is all in the manual.

It sure does ! The autopilot controls the rudder and nose wheel steering to keep the airplane on the localizer centre line. Rollout guidence is continued until a full stop or until the autopilots are disengaged. For an autoland that is not true + you should not even touch the controls during an autoland !!
thats what i thought, thanks for clearing it up :) edit: Paul, where in that quote does it say u have to manually keep the centerline?i did quite a few autolands and i never move off the centerline even in 20kts crosswind.

I am looking in the manual now to find the part about the rudder but as was posted in another thread I do not believe the 737-800 is capable of guiding the aircraft down the centerin line once the aircraft is on the ground on the runway. The bigger Boeings can do it but I still stay the 737-800 won't do it but you can test it.

So back to my questions its not a bug I just have to read the manuals why my rudders suddenly makes full right left rudders while taxi after full ILS ;)

So back to my questions its not a bug I just have to read the manuals why my rudders suddenly makes full right left rudders while taxi after full ILS ;)
maybe u forgot to disconnect the autopilot in time ?

If the 737-800 functions like the bigger jets you have to turn the AutoPilot off before trying to exit the runway or it will keep steering your towards the ILS Transmitters. Looks like I was half right. Here is what I was looking for.

Autoland Fail Operational or Fail Passive: Allows for reduction ofdrift angle during crosswind autoland and provides steeringguidance on the runway after touchdown through the rudderservo, thus allowing for Zero/Zero visibility approaches. (Usesthird self-contained inertial reference unit located inside the ISFD(see previous page) and requires the Collins Mode Control Panel
In other words rudder steering guidance is available with the Collins but not the Honeywell. So if your using the Honeywell Equipment in the NGX you will have to manually steer down the runway.

Ryanair pilots are not allowed to make autolands except to keep the aircraft current.
Why bother, then?

Matt Cee

Ryanair pilots are not allowed to make autolands except to keep the aircraft current.
That explains why all the videos of Ryan Air landings I have watched on youtube have been hard ones. tongue.png You can see one of them at the url below.

i believe something different is wrong maybe it is the same that occure to me long time ago with the Maddog http://www.simulators.dk/sim/forum_topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4313&FORUM_ID=12&CAT_ID=1&Topic_Title=IKKE+for+B%C3%98RN%2E+n%C3%A6sehjul+og+rudder&Forum_Title=I+luften I believe it has something to do with either double actions entrys or spikes in your drivers for the yoke Try a flight without the autobrakes and see if it still does it /Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Thx Gents, you probey right regarding the Autopilolt, wil try it again and make sure I shut the Autopilot off, and wil try also just to keep it on to se if I get the rudders ;)

Tested it again, and YES it was that I forgott to turn off the Autopilot after landing, and it probely tryed to turn after the Autopilot route , thx Gents ;)