Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gaiiden

Stumped with landclass water problem

Recommended Posts

Hey folks, I just noticed a problem flying around one of my airports today, 4N1 Green Lake in northern NJ: texError.jpg I modeled this airport a while ago and you can see in the first gallery shots that the water textures were fine back then. Here's what I've done to try and resolve this so far:

  • I disabled all my custom scenery layers to revert the terrain back to default. This worked, so I went back and started re-enabling bit by bit. I found that the only thing that seemed to make a difference was whether MegaSceneryEarth was enabled or not as you can see in this screenshot. The removal of no other layers (like UTX) had an effect
  • I re-installed all REX water textures. No effect.
  • I re-installed all GEX textures. No effect
  • I deleted all entries in my terrain.cfg file following the autogen entries to reset it to default as I had tweaked it a little while back (adjusting the index count accordingly). No effect
  • I uninstalled and re-installed these MSE tile areas. No effect.
  • I noticed these textures looked fall-ish so I tried changing seasons (even though I'm currently still in Summer). No effect (cept the textures themselves changed seasons, lol)

So at this point I am stumped and looking for advice. So far the only thing that seems to make a difference is disabling the MSE tile layers that affect this region of scenery, and I have not yet come up with a reason as to why this is. If anyone has any ideas please let me know! Thanks in advance :) P.S. - I'm not emtrely sure I reverted my terrain.cfg file back to default so if anyone has a clean copy can you email it to me? EDITED

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You seem to be missing an hydro-poly for the lakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Drew,For privacy reasons I've deleted your email address.Here is the default Terrain.cfg for you: DELETED

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gee David, i;m glad the fsx.cfg is not that long. I drank a coffe and 2 chocky bikkies whilst scrolling that.LOL.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thx David. Is the posting of email not allowed by some rule? I don't care if people know my email address and spam isn't a issue for me. You can remove the CFG text to shorten up the thread - I tried pasting it into my terrain.cfg and it didn't have any effect. Still stumped :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry about that Drew.Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the original file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no no, it's not the file. I copied what you posted and tried it and it didn't work so doesn't seem to be terrain.cfg. I'm clueless as to what else could be affecting this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So far the only thing that seems to make a difference is disabling the MSE tile layers that affect this region of scenery, and I have not yet come up with a reason as to why this is. If anyone has any ideas please let me know! Thanks in advance :)
There are two default hydro-polys for those lakes: 4n1d.jpg Presumably MSE has excluded them but not replaced them to suit the photo-textures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Presumably MSE has excluded them but not replaced them to suit the photo-textures.
No, this isn't the case. See this older image (from the gallery linked to in my first post), where the water was fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still stuck here. I'm hoping it'll come to me in a dream or something at this point :( Luckily it's not too widespread a problem - at least I haven't noticed it anywhere else yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update - the cool folk over at FSDeveloper pointed me to the TmfViewer tool so I could check the MSE water polys and sure enough they were missing along with a lot of others: masks.jpg So I thought maybe my MSE install was corrupted so I uninstalled and reinstalled again. Checking the scenery files revealed the same missing water poly issue so I went back to pondering how the hell I was able to see water there a few months ago?? Then I realized it was because I had my Ultimate Terrain water layers on top of my MegaScenery Earth layers. So I shuffled the layers around and presto - I had water again. It's not a 100% perfect solution - the MSE scenery has a lot of smaller ponds/lakes too small to see in the above photo masked out but without a water poly included, and UT doesn't manage to catch them all, but at least the big ones which are more noticeable are now properly showing water like they should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad you got it sorted! It's index important to make sure that you have got your layers all set correctly: mesh - water/road/etc - photoreal scenery - airports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...