Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damien

Cera Sim Bell 222 Released

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

wow looks great, rotorcraft simmers must have this addon
This helicopter sure looks nice. Any opinions out there beside the op's ? Thx

This helicopter sure looks nice. Any opinions out there beside the op's ? Thx
If you're into rotorwings this is the new a must have.

If you're into rotorwings this is the new a must have.
VMC, did you buy it ? how's the night lighting in the VC ? Any other info you wish to share ? Thx Vic

VMC, did you buy it ? how's the night lighting in the VC ? Any other info you wish to share ? Thx Vic
Hi, Yep, I bought it. I'm glad I did. I don't notice any fps hit at all but your results may vary. I have zero hours on real world helicopters so I can't comment on how realistic the flight dynamics is but those guys at hovercontrol seems to think its pretty darn good. Here's a night VC shot. The overhead can be hard to see at certain places but I'm ok with it. nightvc.jpg

Hi, Yep, I bought it. I'm glad I did. I don't notice any fps hit at all but your results may vary. I have zero hours on real world helicopters so I can't comment on how realistic the flight dynamics is but those guys at hovercontrol seems to think its pretty darn good. Here's a night VC shot. The overhead can be hard to see at certain places but I'm ok with it. [clip]
Looks nice. Judging by this thread not many people seem interested in this helo tho . Would this helo be at the same level as the dodosim ? Thanks !

If it can be hovered at 80 or 100 feet while taking pics of an airport expressway, then - no - it's not at the same level as the Dodo. You're right, MyB - the Aerosoft Huey attracted more attention, and with more complaints about the startup and sound than the flight model - which apparently is very good, though not quite as good as the Dodo... pity.

If it can be hovered at 80 or 100 feet while taking pics of an airport expressway, then - no - it's not at the same level as the Dodo.You're right, MyB - the Aerosoft Huey attracted more attention, and with more complaints about the startup and sound than the flight model - which apparently is very good, though not quite as good as the Dodo... pity.
Paul J, maybe he paused the sim to take the picture. I do like the the looks of the b222 but I'm more into "study-sims" so I wouldn't know if it's for me.

If it can be hovered at 80 or 100 feet while taking pics of an airport expressway, then - no - it's not at the same level as the Dodo.
I'm not sure that's a conclusive way to assess its accuracy, after all, it wouldn't be much of a chopper simulation if it could not be hovered at 80 feet, since the abilty to do that is kind of the point of helicopters. Don't have this one myself, but I do have Cera's 212 Twin Huey, and whilst it isn't as good as the Dodo in terms of obsessive accuracy, it's not a million miles behind it, and certainly good enough to please any hard core chopper fan. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for Dodo to get their Huey out of the hangar, that's the one I really want to see. Al

Guys, Just because you can't do it doesn't mean that I can't. Here's the Dodo set at level 5 with crash detection on. No it was not paused. Yes, I can take my hands off the collective just long enough to press "V". On the second image my nose started turning right as I reached for the key but stayed in the same spot.Let's just say that I'm a fixed wing pilot with a rotor wing fetish. Whistle.gifdodo_settings.jpgdodo_hover-1.jpgdodo_hotel.jpg

"Just because you can't do it doesn't mean that I can't." Oh no - I certainly can fly the Dodo - in any situation you wish, including low altitude autos and mild aerobatics. It did take a number of flights before that a stable hover was possible with my 28" no-spring heli (style) control stick and collective lever. It's much much easier with a sprung joystick and a friction-held slideable collective. Not to disparage your abilities, Vmc, but me seeing that hovering shot right after the 222 was released suggested to me that it was another "great new FSX helicopter, tested by r/w pilots" - "just add power, pull on the collective and it hovers like a dream". It has to be the equal or better than the Dodo - which is still the most realistic sim heli I've flown. Thirty-odd years of flying mostly fully aerobatic - including 3D - R/C helicopters, plus some limited full-size practice in another life taught me how to fly choppers, and it looks like there's still nothing around to move that 206 off its perch.Anyway - conclusive enough to make me think three or four times before buying it. I purchased two helicopters before the Dodo based on other folks' recommendations, and they both now sit in my junk box collecting dust. Thanks, Ryan - Yes - Jordan is quite the expert in the FD mod area, but I need to see lots more positive comments from folks like him on the HC site before I buy another. Oh - and if you want a Dodo challenge - fly two or three circuits with the hydraulics switched off... Peace.gif

Of course it's not a dodosim, but it's great for all I want to do. I don't think there's a huge interest in chopper for fsx anyway,

Paul J, You sir are a flight sim GOD. I prostrate myself before you. No, I do not want to challenge you in anything flight sim because I know that you will just pwn me and have me crying back to my mama in deep shame. im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

C'mon, man.. stop bein' daft! - and I was quite serious about the Dodo challenge (not me challenging you!! I/m not that bloody big-headed - I can fly choppers, that's all). Hug.gif If you really want some oddball fun - try this for me:- Get in the Dodo, do a normal start - but don't switch on the hydraulics! You will be amazed at how she flies without power-driven control! It forces you to anticipate what the blasted thing is going to do next! Once you're off the ground - go and do a few circuits just to see for yourself! It is a great exercise, and the next flight - turn the hydraulics back on.. You will instantly be a better pilot! wink.png

...not me challenging you!! I/m not that bloody big-headed - I can fly choppers, that's all...
Oh. Whew.gif Well why the heck didn't you say so in the first place. Straight Face.gif Free flight instruction? You bet I'll try it. I have nothing but time right now. LOL.gif

Hmm, this is the same exact price as the Nemeth Augusta 109 which I was considering. Anyone with both that has any thoughts?

Hmm, this is the same exact price as the Nemeth Augusta 109 which I was considering. Anyone with both that has any thoughts?
Maybe you could try asking over at hovercontrol. You'll prob get an answer there.

I have two of the Nemeth aircraft, Dave - the Huey and the MD902 - nice, but neither of which is outstanding in any particular fashion. It looks like it may turn out to be an excellent "2nd" to the Dodo. Gotta follow the leads at HoverControl!

I have both.. The 109, While being a beautifully modeled aircraft has had problems with the Flight Dynamics. We've been waiting for a patch for the dynamics since July with no word on when it'll be due.. Nemeth just keeps saying it's coming.. I have a couple Nemeth aircraft (120, 135 and 109) and most recently bought the Cera line (212, 222 and 412) and I can honestly tell you that the Cera helos are leaps and bounds ahead of Nemeth Designs'. Hope that helps.. One more thing I want to add is that you take a bit of a frames hit on the 109, whereas I've noticed no hit to frames on any of Cera's aircraft.. -Damien

I'm inclined to agree with Damien. I have the ND 500, 135, 902, and ch53. I also bought the Cera 412EP ages ago, and the Dodo. Just the other day I purchased the Cera 222B. My order of preference for "feel", immersion, and what I feel to be realism is as follows.1. The Dodo 206. Still top of the heap, and nothing out there to touch it as yet.2. The Cera 412. Feels pretty realistic (my view), and is a complete joy to fly for hours on end.3. There is no three just yet. The 222B doesn't feel quite right to me, but I need to check out my FSUIPC settings tomorrow. It just seems to wallow somehow, but it maybe I'm using a fixed wing curve in my FSUIPC settings. It's certainly a beautiful craft, and I fell in love with it the first time I saw in the 1980's. If it turns out what I'm feeling is down to my FSUIPC, then this Cera 222B will be number three without a doubt. Those are followed by the Nemeth copters, but only the 902. I don't rate the others much at all.

I can't fly the A109....the fde is crazy impossible to use. This 222 is slower but with the Jordan moore fde, it's excellent. edit: tony - have you tried the jordan moore fde patch at hovercontrol? Fixed things quite nicely.

I've gone ahead and purchased the Cera 222 and I am really enjoying it. The visuals are a treat, the performance is solid and I think the FDE feels good. Cera came out with a patch very quickly that addressed many of the owners concerns.

I definitly would like to see a dodo sim Huey big fan of them our airforce is now replacing them with NH90's so i wont see it in the skys for much longer Long live the huey