Sign in to follow this  
Peter James

stutter on landing solved!

Sekstifire,mI am, to say the least, truly impressed. im%20Not%20Worthy.gif You a fellow hardware/engineer type?Next up, micro-transistor cascading avalanche. Shocked.gifLOL.gif

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Fixed by following this forum: FSX with Track IRI simply added ForceFullscreenVSync=1 to the cfg file
I experience this myself and have VS-force on in the Inspector. So if i try the FSX config. edit, do i take it out of inspector?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

If you have this in your fsx config then you do not need to actually ask your GPU to do it aswell you can turn it off within your graphic card settings and jsut have it on in fsx i do it like that works for me ...

Many thanks steve. Love yours and Joel's taxi, roll etc files by the way.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Thank you m8 i'm currently working on other stuff at the moment but i will post about that as i don't want to hijak this thread

sorry for not getting back to you, I was travelling to work :)I left the nvidia inspectector as it was in Ryan's Post. if it ain't broke,don't fix it.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Just my 2 cents, don't forget that fsuipc4 can force stutters when using autosave.

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

Thank you Roland,but I use the unregistered version of FSUIPC.

Jude Bradley

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Yes Roland i found that one out the hard way. I now manually save through FSX since SP1.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Any tweek that might be causing FSX to freeze? I've been getting freezes since upgrading to service pack 1. Using Bjote's tweeks. I've had the suggestion that I should back off my overclock to see if that is the problem. Haven't gotten around to it yet. Cleaned my fans and heatsink and still had a freeze on my next flight. Never had a freeze before SP1. Very frustrating. Can't understand how my overclock could suddenly become unstable after 6 months of flying...
This is very similar to the issue that I have just managed to overcome, I have had my i7 930 clocked at 4129 with a gtx 480 slightly overclocked, as well as ******* cfg tweaks galore!Also ran with Hyperthread and 255 setting, I have ran this setup for a year with no problems.Then after the sp things got a little worse, more stutters and random screen freezes.So I spent lots of time going through all my cfg tweaks (no luck), then my sliders (no luck), then my hyperthread...turned it off and set the mask to 14 and then 15 plus every other possible number as well! (no luck)But then at the weekend I bought UK2000xtreme Gatwick to run with my UK Horizon photo scenery and my NGX, I started to do touch and goes flying the short hop between EGKK Gatwick and EGNX (East MIdlands) and exactly half way through the flight the sim froze on every flight!, so....I went right through my cfg, bios, sliders, scenery layers again but still it locked on every flight after about 10 mins into my route....then at a point of utter frustration I turned down my overclocked x21 to x19 and BANG it worked, no freezes, smoother flights even on Gatwick approach!Previously my overclock was staying cool at x21 and so was my GTX480, so I am fairly sure heat was not the issue here! I had checked for heat and stress tested many timesSo last night I ran EGKK to EGNX 8 times at full sliders, even autogen at full and it never missed a beat! (perfect-no freezes and a lot smoother, with my internal frames locked at 30)So...is less overclock giving me stability, for sure it is!I intend to do more testing tonight, but this time in Orbx at Vancouver to try and push it to see results, if successful there then I will test at the ultimate location...Seattle with PNW....Could it be that you can have your (on the edge) overclock taking your system to an unstable zone and then pushed to the brink by the NGX and high end airport scenery and then it just can't handle the stress as opposed to a lower overclock giving far more overall system stability and fluidity within how the sim functions under xtreme load???Anybody else tried backing off their overclocks?Could my i7 930 processor be degrading after over a year maxed out at nearly 4.2?

Rgds, Shaun

@ Capt Pugwash.Actually yes. When i originally upgraded to my latest specs, i overclocked to 4.5Ghz but FSX to me seemed to be a little stuttery (lots of little mini-stutters), so i backed it off just 0.1Ghz and the difference was amazing for that small difference. I have been flying at that oc (4.4) ever since and it is very smooth. Not saying i don't get the odd stutter now and again, because i certainly do. I think that is a fact of life with FSX until the super computer comes along, by which time FSX will probably be a memory. Regards,

Rick Hobbs

This is very similar to the issue that I have just managed to overcome, I have had my i7 930 clocked at 4129 with a gtx 480 slightly overclocked, as well as ******* cfg tweaks galore!Also ran with Hyperthread and 255 setting, I have ran this setup for a year with no problems.Then after the sp things got a little worse, more stutters and random screen freezes.So I spent lots of time going through all my cfg tweaks (no luck), then my sliders (no luck), then my hyperthread...turned it off and set the mask to 14 and then 15 plus every other possible number as well! (no luck)But then at the weekend I bought UK2000xtreme Gatwick to run with my UK Horizon photo scenery and my NGX, I started to do touch and goes flying the short hop between EGKK Gatwick and EGNX (East MIdlands) and exactly half way through the flight the sim froze on every flight!, so....I went right through my cfg, bios, sliders, scenery layers again but still it locked on every flight after about 10 mins into my route....then at a point of utter frustration I turned down my overclocked x21 to x19 and BANG it worked, no freezes, smoother flights even on Gatwick approach!Previously my overclock was staying cool at x21 and so was my GTX480, so I am fairly sure heat was not the issue here! I had checked for heat and stress tested many timesSo last night I ran EGKK to EGNX 8 times at full sliders, even autogen at full and it never missed a beat! (perfect-no freezes and a lot smoother, with my internal frames locked at 30)So...is less overclock giving me stability, for sure it is!I intend to do more testing tonight, but this time in Orbx at Vancouver to try and push it to see results, if successful there then I will test at the ultimate location...Seattle with PNW....Could it be that you can have your (on the edge) overclock taking your system to an unstable zone and then pushed to the brink by the NGX and high end airport scenery and then it just can't handle the stress as opposed to a lower overclock giving far more overall system stability and fluidity within how the sim functions under xtreme load???Anybody else tried backing off their overclocks?Could my i7 930 processor be degrading after over a year maxed out at nearly 4.2?
I did try backing off my OC. In my case it turned out that it was not my OC that was the problem. But one thing that I did find very interesting is that the performance of FSX at the stock 3.4 ghz of my 2600k is not all that different from at 4.8 ghz. I think I'll be running at 4.4 or 4.6 now.

Steve Giblin

I have finally solved all stutters, landing or otherwise!simple: use NO tweaks at all... let fsx rebuild its .cfg and go from there!! Sharper textures, LESS framerate than with tweaks.. yes, that's right, but not much but way more steady without pauses and surges... and NGX will run way better than you've ever seen!
I entirely agree Peter. I have done what you suggested, ditched the bojote tweaked cfg, let a new one be generated and just added the HighMemFix=1 line in the Graphic section. I have had a reduction in stutters of over 90% and the NGX is so smooth even though my frame rates are not very high - in the 16 to 22 region. So, thank you for your suggestion.Iain Smith

Yes indeed,after a while, you don't even use the SHIFT+Z key anymore :)

Jude Bradley