Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

25SEP11: Latest Hotfix and SP1 Scheduling..

Thank you Robert, but... Also with me is only two aircraft.cfg 's show the new version.The 800wl, and the 900 still shows the version 2922.Since nothing has apparently changed.
all 4 aircraft cfg have the latest version number for me ... something went wrong with your install
Reinstalled, and now showing 2987. So aircraft config must be stock ?
no stock was 2885 and with hf#3 its 29222987 is the latest one ...

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

I`ve just formatted my drive and started over. I recently upgraded the Mobo/CPU and against my better judgement carried on using the OS and drive as it was. Others report this works well for them and yes it did work but I`m a lot happier starting it from the ground up. This is a good chance to download all the 737 NGX textures again and make sure I have the most up to date textures. Thanks for this update, after I reinstall the 737 NGX I`ll get around to it and appreciate it more, hopefully. Stands me in better stead for the forthcoming SP1 too.......now back to watching paint dry as I put stuff back on. Steve

I'm going to reinstall the plane.
deleting the cfg with the wrong number and reinstall the hotfix usually does it too ...

P.L. Tran

all 4 aircraft cfg have the latest version number for me ... something went wrong with your install no stock was 2885 and with hf#3 its 29222987 is the latest one ...
By stock I mean,no additions to the config, aes alters the contact points. Previous version number is immaterial.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

By stock I mean,no additions to the config, aes alters the contact points. Previous version number is immaterial.
ok got it ... didn't compare it with the older one line by line :)

P.L. Tran

In my case after running the latest hotfix the version nr for the 800 and 800WL still reads 2922 but for the 900 and 900WL it's 2987, does this mean only the 900 and 900WL models were updated? Before running the hotfix (which I ran as admin) I uninstalled the SAS Freja Viking 800WL livery which was the only extra livery installed over the default PMDG liveries. Now I wonder how do I know if the 800WL version which is the only one I'm flying is indeed updated or if I need to do anything else? Nothing along the installation indicated there should have been any kind of problems.

Richard Åsberg

ok got it ... didn't compare it with the older one line by line :)
Thought I would play it safe, might save me a headache later :)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Reinstalled, and now showing 2987. So aircraft config must be stock ?
I just re-ran the installer and still 2922. I also uninstalled my one livery and ran Ezdok to remove the camera entry.The one thing I didn't do was delete all the .cfgs and then run the update. I suppose I could try that and see what happens and just keep a back up of the cfg in case something goes wrong. Just want to make sure they are upated as necessary.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

In my case after running the latest hotfix the version nr for the 800 and 800WL still reads 2922 but for the 900 and 900WL it's 2987, does this mean only the 900 and 900WL models were updated?
all 4 cfgs should read 2987 ... for me at least it is

P.L. Tran

Captains- A couple of items for you: Latest Interim Update HotFix:=======================For those who are interested, you can download the latest PMDG 737NGX 8900 Hotfix 2987 update by clicking here. (NOTE: This is not a required update. This is an optional update for those who want the latest and greatest that we are working with and this fix is a beta version. We will not be responsible for any issues we introduce with this fix, nor will we accept responsibility if this hotfix burns down your garage, breaks the windshield on your '76 Pinto or runs over your grandmother with a '27 John Deere combine...) This hotfix includes more than 110 documented tweaks, adjustments, fixes and optimizations over the original RTM version of the NGX, and about 30 undocumented changes. This is **NOT** the SP1 release, but is merely a dll and file update to give you access to the latest version that we were working with as of mid week last week. While there are significant included in this version of the build, we are still in verification on many of the fixes, so we'll plan to publish a list of changes with the full SP1 when it comes out next week. (Subject to change!) For the purpose of this fix, we are hoping to see a dramatic reduction in problems for those folks who have reported problems with freezes. We are still looking at a few causes- but this should be a significant reduction step. (There are some who may still run into CTD issues- but this is a separate issue that Ryan has offered significant feedback in order to help folks mitigate. Just remember that FSX is only capable of using 4GB of memory and this total includes the video memory- so if you ran out and bought a new 2GB video card- you are setting yourself up for disaster... If you need more information on this, Ryan is prepping a KB article that should be up shortly, if it isn't already.) IMPORTANT NOTES: 1) This update is going to overwrite your aircraft.cfg files, thus wiping out your livery entries in the config files. You can make a backup of those entries, then copy them into the new aircraft configs after installation if you like- OR you can simply re-run all of your livery installations as suits your needs. 2) This update adds a new font file to the installation and replaces your dlls. Full SP1 Update:=============We are still evaluating whether we will have this released during the weekend of 01OCT11 or not. I anticipate we'll make a decision mid-week when we have an opportunity to mesh the current NGX base package build and the pending 6700 package to see if they are perfectly in sync. The full SP1 update will include a number of changes including updated VCs, updated external models (fixes to existing models) as well as a new version of the livery manager with greater functionality and the ability for users to select the detail level of artwork that is desired. I saw a few folks questioning whether we will be adding more 2D panels: No, we will not. As previously discussed, PMDG is moving away from 2D panels. On future products we will provide 2D functionality designed specifically to support home cockpit builders, but we will not be including full cockpit panel functionality as this consumes a significant amount of resources that can be better used for increased functionality and performance. A couple of folks wondered if the new performance tuning tool would be too complicated for people to use: No- it will be quite simple by design in order to keep things simple. Our goal is to make sure that even users with only moderate technical knowledge can easily PMDG 737NGX SDK:=================(Note: This is a late edit because I forgot it the first time)A few folks have inquired as to what the status is on the release of the SDK for use in the development of after-market products to support the NGX. We anticipate that the SDK will be made available after the SP1 is completed. Please note that "after" does not have a finite time limit and I have chosen this word intentionally because we want to make certain that the SDK is ready for use by developers without us accidentally wasting their time or efforts by overlooking obvious issues. Since we are focused on the SP1 we aren't giving the SDK the attention it needs this week... You follow what I mean.... PMDG 737-600/700 NGX Expansion:=============================This package is going to be released concurrently, or shortly after the SP1 update. (Plan for 7-10 days gap- if we can shrink that gap- then you will be pleasantly surprised!) The 737-600/700 expansion will be priced at $24.99 for a limited time after released as previously announce here in the PMDG forum. The published price for this expansion is $29.99, but we are offering a lower price for a limited period of time as a "Thank You!" for the patience you all have shown as we rolled out the NGX. We'll let you know how long the promotional pricing will last- but it will be a month or so in order to make sure you all get a shot at it! The 737-600/700 expansion will add the 737-60, the 737-700 and 737-700 Winglet versions to the NGX package, and we'll be adding a number of new free liveries for download as well. PMDG 737NGX ER Package:=======================I saw a few folks inquiring about the ER packages: I would anticipate these to arrive around the US Thanksgiving holiday. (Subject to change!) We might close the gap here a bit, but we will also be moving certain members of the team to the 777 in order to get that project moving at full speed, so we'll just plan for a few months between each of the NGX expansion packages. (Whoa... Did he just mention the 777? Yes, yes he did.) Okay folks- I think that is all I have for you tonight!
Hello Robert nice to meet you,my ngx is running fine near perfect infact? do i still need to add this fix4 or wait for SP1many thanksjames.

I just re-ran the installer and still 2922. I also uninstalled my one livery and ran Ezdok to remove the camera entry. The one thing I didn't do was delete all the .cfgs and then run the update. I suppose I could try that and see what happens and just keep a back up of the cfg in case something goes wrong. Just want to make sure they are upated as necessary. Sean Campbell
Darn, I forgot about ezydok

After deleting the aircraft.cfg files for the 800 and 800WL models and then perform the hotfix installation again also the 800 and 800WL models now reads 2987. I also restarted the PC after the installation. Then I started FSX and I only had maybe 1-2 minutes in the v/c panning around before I got a CTD (and I had very few of those before the hotfix) and looking in the app event log it says as below. To me this hotfix seems a little bit too hot so I will revert back to the old version and wait until the real SP arrives and hopefully that will be more of a "ready" fix than this one... Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: PMDG_737NGX.DLL_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4e7ce449Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x102b9374Faulting process id: 0xf9cFaulting application start time: 0x01cc7b6fc657f239Faulting application path: F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: PMDG_737NGX.DLLReport Id: 573501ac-e763-11e0-a642-c69082526793

Richard Åsberg

Hi! when it's released the Tutorial #2 NGX?
You were just reminded by Robert to sign your name. Obviously not a blind bit of notice taken.

After deleting the aircraft.cfg files for the 800 and 800WL models and then perform the hotfix installation again also the 800 and 800WL models now reads 2987. I also restarted the PC after the installation. Then I started FSX and I only had maybe 1-2 minutes in the v/c panning around before I got a CTD (and I had very few of those before the hotfix) and looking in the app event log it says as below. To me this hotfix seems a little bit too hot so I will revert back to the old version and wait until the real SP arrives and hopefully that will be more of a "ready" fix than this one... Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: PMDG_737NGX.DLL_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4e7ce449Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x102b9374Faulting process id: 0xf9cFaulting application start time: 0x01cc7b6fc657f239Faulting application path: F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: PMDG_737NGX.DLLReport Id: 573501ac-e763-11e0-a642-c69082526793
Now you know why I re-installed, to avoid what just happened to you.