Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

25SEP11: Latest Hotfix and SP1 Scheduling..

Guys, its really early for me and my problem solving skills are not yet sharp, but I cannot start a flight after applying the hot fix. I'm getting a crash in pmdg...something_unloaded.dll. The plane loads and after about a minute in the VC I get the crash. Can someone point me to a possible solution? On edit...since I can't get the support ticket page to open, I'm going to assume I'm not the only one having the problem.

Chris Hicks

Many assume they have a 100% working 737 without applying the HOTFIX, and are saying they are reluctant to run the HOTFIX, in case it "Breaks" what they perceive to be a 100% functional plane. However, it is in EVERYBODY's interest that everyone updates, if only to discover if the HOTFIXED plane results in other issues, that PMDG would probably wish to address, The more that update, the more HOTFIX testers there are to report back to PMDG. SO, A way to BACKUP one's existing working(?) install would be welcome, so that if after the latest HOTFIX, there are issues, one can easily restore the previous working(?) version, without having to do a complete re-install, and all the previous updates etc. While some can figure out what to backup, many would probably feel better following some specific backup instructions from PMDG, rather than some random advice from "Little Johnny" in the forum.

Quote: "certain members of the team to the 777 in order to get that project moving at full speed" Are there still plans for a 747 version 2??

John C

Oh yeah baby the 777. I have a buddy who flys the 777 on non-stop flights from Toronto to Hong Kong for Air Canada. He's offered to sit here with me. Will it have the EFB and the cameras to help taxi. (I know, too early to tell). Great work PMDG. Just flew from EGKK (Gatwick Extreme) to LPPT (Lisbon Extreme) and back with no issues with the hotfix. Great work.

I'm still in 2888 version without hotfixes implemented but today when I tryed install this new hotfix, nothing happened. The process started but stop with none changes!What`s wrong? Before install this hotfix I only renamed the old config files to aircraft.cfg_bkp keeping the two files "aircraft.cfg_bkp" and "aircraft.cfg" in FSX/Simobjets/airplanes/PMDGmodel..I believe I could have done it without problems...May somenone advise-me?Thanks
I hope to be able to install SP1 when it will be available!

You can Show/Hide IVAP via the Add-Ons Menü in FSX
It does not work. PMDG said there is a problem with the shortcuts, they will fix it with the Service Pack.

Could someone please explain to me what files I have to delete (and how) before installing the hot fix...if any. I know a little about the cfg. files from making the changes, so do I have to delete the CFG file in each aircraft folder? I'm not having any ctds or freezes with the NGX. Low FPS yes,TO/GA problems yes and a few other quirks that you would expect from such a sophisticated add-on but that's all.I have applied all the tweaks recommended and adjusted all the settings also. So do I need this hot fix or should I wait for the SP1....Thanks

Could someone please explain to me what files I have to delete (and how) before installing the hot fix...if any. I know a little about the cfg. files from making the changes, so do I have to delete the CFG file in each aircraft folder? I'm not having any ctds or freezes with the NGX. Low FPS yes,TO/GA problems yes and a few other quirks that you would expect from such a sophisticated add-on but that's all.I have applied all the tweaks recommended and adjusted all the settings also. So do I need this hot fix or should I wait for the SP1....Thanks
A few have reported CTDs, myself included. They seem to be easily fixed. It seems a few features have been added with this hotfix (terrain on the FO's side, IRS alignment countdown). So it's really a matter of personal choice whether to wait or not. I would back up your aircraft.cfg files if you want to easily reinstall your liveries. Delete them from the aircraft folders afterwards. Also, open fsx.cfg and delete the PMDG NGX entries from the "trusted" section. Some have also recommended deleting the shader cache from User/appdata/LOCAL/microsoft/fsx. Hope this helps.

Chris Hicks

Thanks Chris......but do I have to make any changes to the cfg. files before installing the fix or just go ahead and apply it and hope for the best.

Thanks Chris......but do I have to make any changes to the cfg. files before installing the fix or just go ahead and apply it and hope for the best.
What seems to be happening is that not all of the cfg files are being updated to the latest version. Deleting them from the folders before installing the hotfix allows the hotfix installer to create all new ones. Backing them up first would be for the purpose of easily copying entries for add-on liveries back into the new .cfg files AFTER the new files are created. Did that answer your question? I'm not sure if that made sense or not. I guess to answer your question directly, No, no changes are required to the files themselves, but they should be deleted before applying the hotfix or they will not all be updated to the latest version.

Chris Hicks

This fix has improved my 2.66 Dual Core, 8800GTX TrackIR set-up, with smoother VC operation overall. No problems so far at all.Cheers,Will Evans

YES it did thank you Chris.The reason I asked is seeing things like go to "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX" and delete both Shaders and Shaders10 folders...or...try and renamed all 4 cfg's to aircraft.cfg.bak and rerun the hot fix installer. You can see my confusion at all this.I just want to install what is needed and be on my merry way.Did you install the fix? And did you do any thing out of the ordinary prior to the install?Sorry Chris for all the questions but you seem to be the only one who gets right to the point with out all the BS....

I still can not install this hotfix and not reinstall my original version 1.00.2885 RTM!What happened on my PC?Someone can help me? Do I need open a ticket in PMDG?IThe process only start and stop with none change, no popups, nothing!!!