Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

25SEP11: Latest Hotfix and SP1 Scheduling..

After deleting the aircraft.cfg files for the 800 and 800WL models and then perform the hotfix installation again also the 800 and 800WL models now reads 2987. I also restarted the PC after the installation. Then I started FSX and I only had maybe 1-2 minutes in the v/c panning around before I got a CTD (and I had very few of those before the hotfix) and looking in the app event log it says as below. To me this hotfix seems a little bit too hot so I will revert back to the old version and wait until the real SP arrives and hopefully that will be more of a "ready" fix than this one... Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: PMDG_737NGX.DLL_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4e7ce449Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x102b9374Faulting process id: 0xf9cFaulting application start time: 0x01cc7b6fc657f239Faulting application path: F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: PMDG_737NGX.DLLReport Id: 573501ac-e763-11e0-a642-c69082526793
After reading that I am scared to try deleting the cfg's, but what the heck, I can always reinstall it if I need to. For some reason not having the proper number in the cfg's bothers me because I am not sure if they have been updated properly.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I've git a queation about the hotfix. What happened to the option to disable the autotuning of the ILS-course?I can't find it anymory and I want to tune in the course myself because sometimes it tunes in the wrong course. Was that a change of the hotfix? It looks like some of the option for the aircraft configuration got changed. So can someone please tell my how to disable the autotuning with the latest version installed. Thanks Paul

After deleting the aircraft.cfg files for the 800 and 800WL models and then perform the hotfix installation again also the 800 and 800WL models now reads 2987. I also restarted the PC after the installation. Then I started FSX and I only had maybe 1-2 minutes in the v/c panning around before I got a CTD (and I had very few of those before the hotfix) and looking in the app event log it says as below. To me this hotfix seems a little bit too hot so I will revert back to the old version and wait until the real SP arrives and hopefully that will be more of a "ready" fix than this one... Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: PMDG_737NGX.DLL_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4e7ce449Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x102b9374Faulting process id: 0xf9cFaulting application start time: 0x01cc7b6fc657f239Faulting application path: F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: PMDG_737NGX.DLLReport Id: 573501ac-e763-11e0-a642-c69082526793
Richard, I see you have FSX installed in proggyfiles x86, not a good idea mate, prob not helping your cause.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

can we please have a proper changelog so we could see what was actually done ?

So can someone please tell my how to disable the autotuning with the latest version installed. Thanks Paul
in "\FSX\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\Aircraft" edit the correct file for the model u want to configure and change this
[AFS]AutotuneOBSinLOC=0

After reading that I am scared to try deleting the cfg's, but what the heck, I can always reinstall it if I need to. For some reason not having the proper number in the cfg's bothers me because I am not sure if they have been updated properly. Sean Campbell
Only took me 20mins to reinstall Sean. Very happy with update, a lot smoother in VC, and fixed the shimmering on the overhead I was experiencing. Thanks to the lads at PMDG, well done.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Deleted the all the cfg's and re-ran the updater again and now have the proper numbers in the cfg files. Rebooted the computer and will try a flight. Hopefully no crash like Richard had.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

TERR works in F/O side !!!where there is a will there's a way, awesome stuff PMDG.i think i even get a few more fps in the VC.

Roman- To be brutally clear: This is not a bug. the IVAP client is using FSUIPC, and we do not intend to push data through any source other than simconnect. Until/unless the IVAP application can be operated through simconnect without using FSUIPC, no- we won't be fixing that.
If I'm not mistaken, SquawkBox (SB) is using simconnect. So if TA/RA is switch on in the aircraft, will it also be switched to mode C in SB when having a client-server setup (for example FSX and NGX on one "master (server)" PC with SB on another "client" PC)?

Mate, I had the same issue - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/349539-hot-fix-applied/ Just deleted fsx.cfg, shader folders, then regenerated cfg and reapplied Bojote's tweaks on it.So far so good.

Only a problem here: the keyboard shortcuts are still not working with IVAP in external mode. Therefore I cannot do online flights :( But it should come with the SP1, they said me. Christopher Schilly

Only a problem here: the keyboard shortcuts are still not working with IVAP in external mode. Therefore I cannot do online flights sad.png But it should come with the SP1, they said me. Christopher Schilly
You can Show/Hide IVAP via the Add-Ons Menü in FSX

I did the hotfix (as Administrator) 2987 and it said it completed ok.After the install I got a dialog box informing me the program may not have installed properly ... The hot fix did not update my cfg's from 2922 to 2987. So I deleted mt PMDG aircraft folders.I wanted to see if the hot fix installer would write anything to these folders on a second install attempt.It did update to 2987 but, because I deleted the entire folders, did not write all new data into the folders (textures etc). I uninstalled the PMDG737NG from my hard drive.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW