Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

P3D INSTALLATION: questions and issues

Not sure this is the right subforum...but here goes: Version 1.2 installed and all seems fine except for my throttle...something is constraining its full range such that I can't fully put it to idle nor can I firewall it. I have a CH Products Throttle Pro. I've checked a lot so far -- calibration in CH's Control Manager, FSX and P3D all show that the throttle's full range is working. I've checked for conflicts in the Controls axis assignment pages --no conflicts. But sitting in my A2A Piper, I can't get the throttle to idle nor go to full power. Interestingly, I can achieve that through the default key presses for IDLE and Full Power. I probably need to uninstall CH Control Manager and try direct assignment fo the controllers' axes to see if that helps...but I rely on Control Manager for FSX too much! Any ideas are welcome, thanks.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

PROBLEM SOLVED: I simply opened the menu bar and selected OPTIONS - SETTINGS - CONTROLS and set the throttle's sensitivity all the way to the right (to value 127). I also set the throttle's null zone all the way to the left (value 1). I now have the full range of the throttle available to me.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Another joystick issue : everytime I close a menu, all the axises of my X52 + Saitek rudder loose their centering. A soon as I move them, they re-center. Anyone ?

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Hi Guys, Feel free to post any bugs or issues in the Prepar3D support forum as well.... (that is what it is for) we will do our best with the time that we have to get in there and answer questions and try to help out. No guarantees that we can assist in a timely fashion as we are honestly very busy, but we will do what we can. There is a known issue with multiple controls with a suggested fix here:http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=422 John NicolPrepar3D

Thanks John, I'll try copying the standard.xml from FSX into Prepar3D tonight.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

I seem to be having a hell of a time even downloading the files. I finally managed to get the 1st by using FDM (free download manager), but the other two just refuse to download with either that, Firefox or ChromeYawn.gif Just sits there saying; 'connecting', but never does. Any ideas? EDIT: They've finally started to download but, Ohhhhhhh So sloooooow.....

Just bought, download is 90 kb/sek, seriously guys the program will finish downloading when my subscription end oct 28.

I don't know what ya'll problem is. I got it inside of 1,5hrs, FlashGot got it very fast, around 1,5mbit was in the beginning.

I don't know what ya'll problem is. I got it inside of 1,5hrs, FlashGot got it very fast, around 1,5mbit was in the beginning.
I'm also using Flashgot, only at 5.6Kb.sec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EDIT: just tested some other downloads with Flashget and FDM. They work at over 880kb/s Insane for a payware site!

I'm also using Flashgot, only at 5.6Kb.sec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get a better ISP! Big%20Grin.gif

Get a better ISP! Big%20Grin.gif
If you'd read my post, you'd see it's nothing to do with my ISP - it's ONLY the P3D download that's doing this.

I'd also be interested to know if the download info on the P3D website for file 2 is correct? It says it's 3.98Gb So far, I've downloaded 4.2Gb of thatShocked.gif

I'm also using Flashgot, only at 5.6Kb.sec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EDIT: just tested some other downloads with Flashget and FDM. They work at over 880kb/s Insane for a payware site!
Yeah theres also nothing wrong with my connection, i could understand downloading a freeware game would be slow, but this is just not good enough LM. They also apparantly forgot to hire some people to answer support mails.

Yeah theres also nothing wrong with my connection, i could understand downloading a freeware game would be slow, but this is just not good enough LM.
I saw earlier today that the P3D site is having ISP and server issues according to their forum.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I saw earlier today that the P3D site is having ISP and server issues according to their forum.
Theres more forums :D, ah well then just disregard all i said, i just cancel the downloads and try again tormorrow.