Sign in to follow this  
stweaver321

Fixes and Observations from Hot Fix 4

I spool to 40% press toga then firewall both throttles, AT does not disconnect as I have my AT set the arm/ hold in the PMDG settings, if I dont move the throttle full forward I may be subject to a hardware spike which usually results in an aborted takeoff.

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I never use toga, full throttle all the way! :-)
Which is quite unrealistic, you do realize.In the real world, pilots hardly ever use maximum thrust for takeoff. This to save on fuel, engine wear and lower the noise.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

+1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

set only a single waypoint in the fmc-route-page and change the course to him (request QDM) now working! regards Jürgen

In the real world, pilots hardly ever use maximum thrust for takeoff. This to save on fuel, engine wear and lower the noise.
Just btw, the use of reduced thrust in takeoff ends up using slightly more fuel than a maximum thrust takeoff due to the slower rate of climb achieved. Cheers.

Just btw, the use of reduced thrust in takeoff ends up using slightly more fuel than a maximum thrust takeoff due to the slower rate of climb achieved. Cheers.
Not necessarily. All depends om T.O. weight and the amount of derate. Besides that, you've got the T.O. derate and the climb derate. When taking off with full thrust, the first part of the takeoff run you're loosing a lot of fuel without gaining an equal increase in acceleration.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

I'm not surprised !! That is not the way to use TO/GA !!!
Indeed! Thanks for pointing that out. I went back and reviewed the Normal Procedures. Auto Throttle is armed prior to taxi. When ready for TO, advance throttles to 40%, let stabilize, and then press TOGA. I can't recall where I learned to do it that other way, but that's been my SOP for all Boeing airliners I fly on MSFS.

Which is quite unrealistic, you do realize.In the real world, pilots hardly ever use maximum thrust for takeoff. This to save on fuel, engine wear and lower the noise.
I agree... If you watch World Air Routes (Just Planes) videos, the captains usually spool engines then press the TOGA switch, but never go full thottles.

"Um...any clue why my A/T would disconnect during the takeoff roll after pressing TO/GA?" I noticed this as well after the HF...thinking I may have forgotten to turn on BOTH FD's may be the cause...will re-test tonight.

I pushed for us to include this just so you know... tongue.png We do listen to what you guys are asking for.
Thanks Ryan! That was one of my tickets since the release on week 1. I appreciate it. John

Um...any clue why my A/T would disconnect during the takeoff roll after pressing TO/GA?
Try and re-select in the PMDG settings whatever throttle override setting you had before the hotfix - that fixed it for me.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Try and re-select in the PMDG settings whatever throttle override setting you had before the hotfix - that fixed it for me.
Thanks I'll try that.Before the latest hotfix I didn't have issues using TOGA.

Has anyone noticed the TERR feature works now on the F/O side? Being an F/O in my VA I pretty much fly from the right side exclusively so this is a nice add. im Not Worthy.gif