Sign in to follow this  
mdenadal

Saitek ProFlight panels support....

I never understand why in Linda it doesn't show up saitek mutipanel

better ask Saitek why the have not produced a standard HID device, but something special which doesn't work like normal Joysticks.

The Multipanel is not showing up in FSUIPC as far as I know...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

better ask Saitek why the have not produced a standard HID device, but something special which doesn't work like normal Joysticks.

The Multipanel is not showing up in FSUIPC as far as I know...

Thanks for reply,

It would be better if I sell them instead of waiting for a compatibility with major addon.

Did you hear any news from Massimo(Spad)

I would really like to see something developed... Those of us who purchased didn't know of the rift and are now caught in it.... I wish I had the funds to purchase other panels but in the mean time I am where I am and would like to use the products I paid for. I use SPAD and it is great but as I look to upgrade my system it would be great for a tool that will take care of both. I am not sure if SPAD will run if I have LINDA running as well for the new panels I am in the process of buying. I am a registered owner of FSUIPC and have not broken any laws and just look to use what I paid for that is all.. No speeches on what Saitek did for that was not in the description on AMAZON when I was looking to purchase panels.

Don

Don P

System Configuration

------------------------------------------

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R

i7-950 (3.06Ghz)

12 gigs DDR3

2 - 500 gig Hard Drives

2 - Galaxy GTS-250 1 gig Video (SLI)

FSX, Acceleration, FS Global 2010, FSceneX, REX2/Overdrive, GEX 1.095, UTX.

PMDG 747X, 737NGX // CS B707, B757, 767, C130, B52 // LVLD 767

FS9, SP1, FS Global2010, FSceneX, AS6.5, FSNAV, GEX Pro

I feel your pain Don. I too am in the middle of this mess. My mother just purchased two more pieces for me for Christmas and know I wonder if it were a mistake. I agree with your statement as well. We bought and paid for both, but why should we suffer at the expense of the other two. So sad to see that the community is caring more about the money. On the forums trying to solve a problem as we speak. Good luck. Cpt. out.

Hi Guys,

Using Guenter's excellent scripts we are able to access them from FSUIPC to make it work. Also there are FSUIPC mouse macros. The combination lets us get 90% of things to work. It does take some effort, but it's possible.

Not all of the switches have been programmed because some are not applicable, eg no cowl flaps in airliners. Also some switches are not able to be programmed fully because only toggles are available. E.g. QW Avro RJ, my light switches will only toggle the buttons on or off.

The aircraft I have going with SPAD, plus a combination of either FSUIPC mouse macros and/or Guenter's scripts are:

PMDG MD-11 (scripts and macros)

PMDG NGX (actually this is native in SPAD)

PMDG J41 (scripts)

Turbine Duke (cowl switches)

Simcheck A300

QW Bae 146 Avro RJs

Flight1 Cessna Mustang

A2A P-51 Mustang Civ/Mil

The aircraft I have tried and FAILED to control are the Captainsim 707 & 727. Although I understand 757 & 767 are possible.

Using SPAD Profiles I setup a profile for each of my addons that don't work by default:

spad1.jpg

Then assign joystick and buttons to to the functions:

spad2.jpg

In FSUIPC.ini turn on these settings in the general section:

UseProfiles=Yes
ShortAircraftNameOk=Substring

In FSUIPC.ini add the profiles to the bottom of the file:

[Profile.F1_Cessna_Mustang]
1=F1_Cessna_Mustang

[Profile.TDuke]
1=Duke Turbine

[Profile.Catalina]
1=PBY-5
2=PBY-6

[Profile.P51D]
1=P-51D
2=Mustang Mark

[Profile.QW Bae 146 Avro]
1=QWSim Avro

[Profile.SimCheck A300B4]
1=SimCheck A300B4

[Profile.PMDG J41]
1=PMDG Jetstream 41
2=PMDG J41
3=PMDG J-41

[Profile.PMDG 737NGX]
1=Boeing 737-
2=PMDG 737-
3=FlyDubai

[Profile.MD-11]
1=PMDG MD-11

The names under the profiles correspond to keywords it will find in the variants/liveries name from the aircraft.cfg. If it finds a plane with those words in it's name it will use that profile.

In FSUIPC, I go to the buttons tab and tick use profile. Then I push the various Saitek buttons and map them to lua scripts or mouse macros. The mouse macros I made myself just with the FSUIPC gui.

The scripts I copied from LINDA and edited them to simplify them and allow them to be accessed by parameters.

It does take some time, but thanks to all three of SPAD, LINDA scripts, and FSUIPC itself this is possible.

I've uploaded my Saitek SPAD configurations and the FSUIPC scripts if anyone wants to use them here: https://dl.dropbox.c... and FSUIPC.rar

Please take BACKUPS of all of your SPAD and FSX\Modules folders before changing anything.

This is of course totally unsupported and you will need to do some config to copy these in, but once you've copied one aircraft the rest will come easy.

Note that I always map the TRIM wheel to vertical speed / IAS since I have a Saitek trim wheel separately. So you will need to revert that in SPAD if you use my configs.

Hope this helps.

NOTE: Many of the lua scripts are copies from Guenter's LINDA, they are not the same as LINDA so they're unsupported but I appreciate Guenter's work to let us interface these

I'm gonna have a look at this Dan, thanks for sharing. I'm interested in getting everything I can set up for the Avro, so thanks :)

I have the Avro setup for voice control now too thanks to the guys at MCE, its awesome. The Avro support and full flows and checklists will come in a patch near future.

Pardon my ignorance for this question but I have been reading the forums and documents but my thick head is still a little foggy on all of this.

I have Saitek Pro - Yoke, 2 Throttles, Trim Wheel, and Rudder. Also Saitek - Switch Panel, Multi Panel, and Radio Panel.

I fly (right now) Katana, B-17, Lancair, and in the future: 377, J41 & maybe the NGX. Also have CS707 but understand not working with this yet.

I setup SPAD and it is working fine. Paid FSUIPC latest.

The question: So should I not setup Linda and just use Linda scripts (still vague on them) via the the FSUIPC (yeah vague on this too)? :blush:

BTW: Thanks so much to the developers, supporters, and Avsim for making things actually work together.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

The question: So should I not setup Linda and just use Linda scripts (still vague on them) via the the FSUIPC (yeah vague on this too)? :blush:

Very important question!

You guessed right, you don't need to setup LINDA, in fact you can't actually use LINDA as it's meant to be used if you use SPAD, because you can't assign SPAD controls to things in LINDA.

So you can install LINDA, backup the scripts then remove it.

Then in SPAD map things to virtual joystick buttons, making good use of the Profile feature.

Then in FSUIPC assign those virtual joystick buttons to LINDA scripts that you have copied, or to FSUIPC mouse macros if available.

Make good use of both the Profile feature, and the ShortName feature together and you only have to do setup once for each plane type.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Dan! Totally appreciate your taking the time to explain it all. This is exactly what I need.

I will work my way through your instructions.

Warning I may be back with more beginner questions.

Like here is my first question:

So do I delete the Saitek assignments in the Controls file?

Rob

Truly awesome. Glad I re read some of the old post that I have replied to. This is very helpful and useful. Thanks Again, Cpt out.

Thanks for this. So will SPAD be combined with LINDA in the future?m It'll be nice to only have 1 software to make it more streamlined.

Thanks for this. So will SPAD be combined with LINDA in the future?m It'll be nice to only have 1 software to make it more streamlined.

I wish they would combine too. And would be willing to pay for that. But it does not look like it is going to happen.

I believe they (SPAD & LINDA developers) have different work flows and neither understands the others software. Maybe I am wrong just saying what I have read in my research.

Still great apps. I really only use the SPAD for now. But currently only flying simple AC.

Rob