Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Turning off the autobrakes after landing

I read in a post written by a real NG driver here in the forum that the recommended method turning off the autobrake after landing is to lower the speedbrake lever. Is this simulated in the NGX?

Richard Åsberg

I read in a post written by a real NG driver here in the forum that the recommended method turning off the autobrake after landing is to lower the speedbrake lever. Is this simulated in the NGX?
Yes

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Ok, that's great! I'll be trying that on my next flight since I've been having some difficulties turning the autobrake off (using CH pedals).

Richard Åsberg

Ok, that's great! I'll be trying that on my next flight since I've been having some difficulties turning the autobrake off (using CH pedals).
Hi,after Hotfix 4 also for me the auotbrake don't turning off after pressing the toe brake with CH. Cristiano Bonfiglioli

Cristiano Bonfiglioli

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

When I hit the normal brakes (trigger on my Saitek X52) the autobrake turns off just fine. Jim

Jim Wenham

If I remember correctly you need to press the toe brake twice !!
Yeah that used to be the case.I've noticed since HF4 you can turn off the AB's by either double tapping the brakes or quickly advancing the throttle forward and backward to stow the spoilers. Prior to HF4 it would only work by double tapping the brakes however.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

"Hi,after Hotfix 4 also for me the auotbrake don't turning off after pressing the toe brake with CH.Cristiano Bonfiglioli" Hello, Exactly the same there, just after installing HF4...Before HF4 I could turn off brake perfectly with my Saitek Pro Flight Rudder. After HF4 it seems impossible with the flight rudder except if I disconnect autobrake button just before... Regards, Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I have also noticed a change in autobrake disconnect behaviour on landing after installing 2987 on my system. Double tapping the toe brakes on my Saiteks would work fine with 2922, but this has no effect for me in 2987. The plane comes to a full halt, I have to set the autobrake switch to off before it frees up... makes it difficult to roll to the high speed exit sometimes... Would prefer the previous behaviour back, the double tap to work as in 2922... Andrew

I tried the speedbrake down which worked by turning off autobrake. Didnt relaise this until this thread so thankyou as i could never turn them off even by hitting brakes twice etc.

Yes, tried this method myself when landing tonight and it worked just perfect so thank you to Simon Holderness for this tip and sharing his knowledge and experience from the real NG here in the forum and thanks to PMDG for including this in the NGX!

Richard Åsberg

Also the same problem here. I have only tried with Autobrake 3 and I need to push more forward the brake pedals than before to disarm (if I apply near full pressure, it disarms). Maybe it is normal, do I need to apply more pressure than the autobrake to disarm? I think a light pressure should be enough but if someone can affirm. Christopher Schilly

Also the same problem here. I have only tried with Autobrake 3 and I need to push more forward the brake pedals than before to disarm (if I apply near full pressure, it disarms). Maybe it is normal, do I need to apply more pressure than the autobrake to disarm? I think a light pressure should be enough but if someone can affirm. Christopher Schilly
As stated in the intro, that way requires that you put more pressure than is currently being applied to disconnect the autobrakes.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

I understand it that PMDG use the double tap of the brakes to avoid spiking issues with hardware disconnecting autobrakes immediately on touchdown... As far as I was aware up until 2987, all was needed was two taps of pressure on the pedals and the autobrake disconnects, no hard on full slam... Andrew

As stated in the intro, that way requires that you put more pressure than is currently being applied to disconnect the autobrakes.
I have probably missed this section :)Thank you for your answer, I used Autobrake 2 before HotFix, that's probably why I need to apply more pressure now.