Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

JustFlight's or Horizon's England scenery?

It's a shame that all of the major cities in VFR Generation X England and Wales couldn't be upgraded to 60cm per pixel resolution. Dense collections of buildings and streets require higher resolutions to look good, whereas fields look great in GenX at the current 1.2m per pixel (apart from a handful of locations that suffer from over saturated colours). Large areas of trees in photo terrain also benefit from higher resolution textures, but Treescapes helps with that. I expect VFR Scotland South to look phenomenal. I just wish that PlayHorizon would keep us informed! Waiting.gif

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Me too mogget. They are terrible at customer service. Ask for an update and it gets deleted. Yes Anthony. England and Wales is at 1.2mpp and Ireland. Scotland will be at 60, including Orkney, Shetland isles (already released) the last update was for scotland s to be ready any day now. Version 3 of England and Wales has a number of cities at 60cmpp.

Keith Sandford.

Have you noticed that virtually all of the user posts in the VFR Scotland South section have been deleted recently? What puzzles me is that there was nothing in them that would warrant such action. I would like to think that it was a "clean out" in preparation for the imminent release of VFR Scotland South, but I've been on that forum too long to take anything for granted. Mind you, the suggestion that VFR Scotland North may also be out by Christmas (and then the last volume in early 2012) is absolutely laughable. How many times have we seen daft posts like that before?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Me too mogget. They are terrible at customer service.
That may be.... but the last time I needed their help I telephoned them. How many other developer/publishers allow that I wonder?

....Perhaps found it doesn't work as expected...again. Nature of the beast from V1 under Horizon. Remembering when JF of Visual Flight first released it for FS2002, it ran very well out of the box.As a confirmed orbxophile, I think I shall wait, for what will be a far superior product at the end of the day. Albeit up to 24 months away for completion.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

I decided to take a break from VFR scenery and disabled it for my last few flights. I quickly rediscovered that default visuals/textures ( even with Ultimate Terrain X) are dreadful and a huge FPS killer if I want them to be anyway near realistic. I'll be sticking to ( and investing in more) VFR. If only it could be more lifelike on approach to airports/airfields thoughPraying.gif

Anthony,Do you have Treescapes (Earth Simulations) and UK2000 VFR Airfields packages installed?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Christopher, I'm living/based in Ireland and currently only using GenX 9&10 Sceneyry. I can't get Treescapes for these versions as it's not available. I will be investing in UK scenery from GenX though. I have Justflights version of London VFR which has left me fairly underwhelmed to be honest so I'll be removing it as I purchase the Horizon scenery. Is the UK2000 VFR Airfields package a worthy investment, is it compatible with GenX scenery?

Anthony,The UK2000 VFR Airfields packages were designed to blend perfectly with the Horizon GenX photoscenery. I use all three volumes of both products, and they are superb. I am a beta tester for UK2000 products, but don't let that suggest to you that I am biased. I asked Gary Summons if I could become a beta tester because I was so impressed with his products, and also because I use the UK2000/Horizon GenX combination almost exclusively. The blend is seamless for all of his airfields (we are talking 200-250 airfields and airports across all three volumes), and the addition of ES Treescapes makes it look even better!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

This sounds like a great combination then, Gen X UK, UK2000 VFR Airfields, and Treescapes. I'm doing the PPL for real in Ireland and it would be nice to do some virtual flying in the UK for a change, good NAV practice too.

If you want detailed versions of the major airports, then look at the UK2000 Xtreme range. The detail and quality is second to none.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'll second that. Rob, are you surprised at the Scot S release date being put back? I'm not.

Keith Sandford.

I'll third that!!! Have bought Gary's UK2000 scenery over many years with different versions of FS and always been happy with the standard of scenery. I've found his email support very good also. Personally, to be honest, it's hardly Flight Simulator without his scenery for the UK. It's always the first thing I think of when a new release of FS comes out.Rhydian

I am not surprised that the release date for VFR Scotland South appears to have been put back to "late December". However, what really annoys me is that it always takes a forum member to check out the Flightsim Store and then report back to the PlayHorizon forum before we actually get any information whatsoever. It's absolutely ridiculous. Some forum members argue that PlayHorizon don't post anything because they don't know anything, but someone knows something! Why can't Horizon themselves give us an update? Would it be too much to ask?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png