Sign in to follow this  
MikeT707

Microsoft, for the November update please show or tell us.....

Well with previous releases they've shown us other parts of the world. Unless this is a new marketing strategy I'm going to keep thinking Hawaii only... If the rest of the world looks that good we're in for a treat.
So in the past when ACES showed only one or two areas of the world early in development, you thought that it would be "x location" only? Come on, it's marketing. Nothing strange or different about what they are doing.

Brandon Filer

So in the past when ACES showed only one or two areas of the world early in development, you thought that it would be "x location" only? Come on, it's marketing. Nothing strange or different about what they are doing.
Aces showed more than one area in previous release cycles. I remember for FSX, they showed the entire earth from a very high altitude. This is different and I do not think it is marketing. Rather, the reason that I think only Hawaii is being shown is the team is building a simulation engine, some parts from old code, some from new, and some from refactored code and are using Hawaii as the test environment as it has most of the features that other parts of the world would contain. Once they achieve target performance with the different engine components built, then the rest of the world would fill in, which would include landclass, mesh, autogen vegitation and structures, static structures, etc. The team is likely already working on many of those pieces for other parts of the globe and once the performance is optimal in the test environment then everything else would get put together and we should start to see images accordingly.I also wish that they would show more than just Hawaii, but understand if they do not at this point. I do, however, wish that they would make a very clear statement that this will be a global sim.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

This is probably why alls we've seen so far are only small airplanes. Flying a 747 or airbus 380 would be pointless if your entire default region was just the size of Hawaii...
Then riddle me this: why do they mention cargo missions? unless they mean small hops around the islands. We are just seeing development shots, pre-beta, possibly pre-alpha, don't expect too much just yet.

If Microsoft really wanted to make good on the "full fidelity" of "simulation" part they should show us something else. Instead of just showing us the same types of small aircraft over and over again, how about a figther jet to prove that flight dynamics has really improved this time around to account for not only small general aviation aircraft and large heavies but also unconventional aircraft such as F-22 with thrust vectoring or the STS space shuttle, etc?
There is a large possibility that they just don't have anything along those lines to show yet, I doubt the first thing they began work on was the Space shuttle OR maybe your suspicions are dead-on, who knows.

There is a large possibility that they just don't have anything along those lines to show yet, I doubt the first thing they began work on was the Space shuttle OR maybe your suspicions are dead-on, who knows.
That is a good point, "who knows", and that is frustrating. In some ways, I don't even know if microsoft knows. It could be possible that they have encountered a lot more problems in producing this title then they anticipated and have had to make some changes to scope. I suppose one of these days it will get sorted out, but it sure tests the patience of many in this forum.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Here a few items I hope they correct/add to "Flight" and that we'll see soon in the preview shots:1) Smooth out the water movements so that the reset is less "jarring", if you will. I hope a video is coming.2) Night lighting is hopefully better than what's currently found in FSX. Better meaning more realistic and less "blotchy", for lack of a better word.3) Better ATC throughout.4) The addition of more landclass types and correct placement, based on real-world locations. There's tons more...

Alexander Alonso

What I would like to see is some of the major airports and major metro areas of the US. Those of you asking to see the detail of african countries or airports in Vietnam and other obscure places are probably going to have to go to the add-on market. Lets face it this sim is made by a american company for primarily a American and western Europe market and the focus areas that get the high detail will be in the US and maybe western europe .. What i am most interested in is how weather is done in flight. I don't care about the visuals, I would like better weather and turbulence

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

No offense mikea76, I agree with you about the weather related issues, but I'm not the only one, that wants very good visuals too.

What i am most interested in is how weather is done in flight. I don't care about the visuals, I would like better weather and turbulence
Wouldn't you agree that visuals play a MAJOR role in weather simulation? You could have up to the second data each time a bird flutters it's wings in your direction and it still wouldn't suffice if you are flying through a sky full of square boxes in place of clouds.

I would like for them to show me the meat of it, if we will be able to incorporate current models into it and what the standards are for them...another thing that would be real nice is to have them poll us about what models we like best (Csims C130 extreme package, A2A B17) for maybe they would included them in the base models of the sim....basically tell us...here is the format for the modeler and the specs and the format...or simply hey all your old fav's can be migrated in from FSX.

Wouldn't you agree that visuals play a MAJOR role in weather simulation? You could have up to the second data each time a bird flutters it's wings in your direction and it still wouldn't suffice if you are flying through a sky full of square boxes in place of clouds.
I care about realistic visuals of IFR conditions, But what I really want is realistic wind sheer, realistic turbulence that is not horribly coded so it messes with complex add-on's. weather that can be used with a realistic weather radar.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Completely agree Mike, just pointing out that realistic physical simulation should go hand in hand with realistic visuals.

Are you sure there'll be a November update? They haven't said anything about monthly updates.Anyway, in the next update I'd really like to see a big jet - preferably a 787.Praying.gifConsidering how long it's been since they last posted a new webisode, I think a new one should be coming soon.

Are you sure there'll be a November update? They haven't said anything about monthly updates.Anyway, in the next update I'd really like to see a big jet - preferably a 787.Praying.gifConsidering how long it's been since they last posted a new webisode, I think a new one should be coming soon.
If ms does not come up with an update in November, perhaps the community can make one up.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I would expect that they do a webisode this month, as they seem to follow an every-4-month pattern.I'm not sure why not to expect an update, as they've had them each month since September. They promised another update for October, we got one, so November should see an update.

Brandon Filer

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.