Sign in to follow this  
pmanhart

737NGX vs 747-400 vs JS4100 FPS

I'm very seriously considering laying out the $95 for the entire NGX package, but am afraid of poor performance.I'm wondering if someone can give me an honest comparison of framerates between the NGX, 747, and JS4100 as I own the 747 and JS4100.As I am entirely aware of system and other addon differences, just a simple plus or minus X-amount of frames on your system would be great.Thanks!

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

The performance is better than the 747-400X. I am not sure about the J41 as I don't have it but I am getting it next week. Don't be worried about performance.Aaron G.

I'm very seriously considering laying out the $95 for the entire NGX package, but am afraid of poor performance.I'm wondering if someone can give me an honest comparison of framerates between the NGX, 747, and JS4100 as I own the 747 and JS4100.As I am entirely aware of system and other addon differences, just a simple plus or minus X-amount of frames on your system would be great.Thanks!
In comparison with the Jetstream I get about the same framerate +/- 2 or 3 frames, depending on the environment.So if the Jetstream runns well on your computer you should be fine with the NGX.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Thanks gents for the quick replies. Since performance is comparable to the JS4100, a shiny new 737 may be in hangar tonight... ;)

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Thanks gents for the quick replies. Since performance is comparable to the JS4100, a shiny new 737 may be in hangar tonight... ;)
I know this is off-topic, but what is the J41 like to fly because I got the 737 on release day and am now looking for something new to fly! I have not got the 600/700 Expansion. s the J41 on par with the NGX on quality?Aaron G.

In my experience, with SP1 this just might be the smoothest performing PMDG aircraft, and I have them all except for the old NG and the 1900.

Its very good graphically, but the systems are a bit more shallow than what we got with the NGX. Its not as fully featured either, for example there's no saving of the system state and no failure module. As for the flying itself, its a totally different experience to fly. It's a turbo prop with a direct drive system and no autothrottle, so the pilot has to take care to keep the engines running at the correct settings during all phases of flight.

In my experience, with SP1 this just might be the smoothest performing PMDG aircraft, and I have them all except for the old NG and the 1900.
I agree after the sp1 the ngx is the smoothest aircraft in my fleet, and you also have the option of using some low res textures which makes it even smoother. Im loving the 600 model right now, doing some interesting flights into small airports like KHQM.

I think it's more a matter of whether you like turboprops. If you do, the JS4100 is certainly the best one out there.Tim D.

I almost have your spec and usually get 15-20 fps at a busy airport (EGKK) with all the usual add-ons. My GFX settings are reasonably high. Despite the average FPS on the ground, the NGX is quite smooth and perfomance increases once in the air.

AMD • 5800X3D • RX7900 XT • B550 • 32GB DDR4
pmdgswitch.jpg

im my experience the JS41 is a perfect flying aircraft it runs well and i have not bugs or glitches with it, and after SP1 for the NGX i feel the same way

I know this is off-topic, but what is the J41 like to fly because I got the 737 on release day and am now looking for something new to fly! I have not got the 600/700 Expansion. s the J41 on par with the NGX on quality?Aaron G.
If you don't have the MD-11, you should definitely add it to your hangar. I still believe that this aircraft is the most advanced a/c in the fltsim community....light-years ahead of the NGX.Regards,jen noulet

If you don't have the MD-11, you should definitely add it to your hangar. I still believe that this aircraft is the most advanced a/c in the fltsim community....light-years ahead of the NGX.Regards,jen noulet
I will consider the MD-11, however I am not sure if I have 8 hours to spare to fly in FSX!! I normally fly for 2.5 hours or less. I want to be a pilot. I want something which will help me familiarize myself with the aircraft I will most likely start of flying. I will consider the MD-11 and the J41. Is the Queen (747) a port over from FS9 or is it a native FSX aircraft?Aaron G.

I have issues with the JS41 and have to run it at a medium setting because of tearing/spoking within the graphics. That said it is another excellent product, the graphics issues seem to hit NVIDIA and ATI cards, there are several threads to read on the JS41 page that describe it with fixes for many. JS41 owners are hopeful now that the NGX is out that a SP1 might cure the problem. It is still a delight to fly although the management of the engines takes a little getting used to. You have to plan well ahead to get the speed back as you come over the threshold and engine fires are a regular occurrence. I am looking at the MD11 as the next purchase and that will make the full set, I had it on FS2004, but waited for the NGX as I like the idea of operating in Europe rather than long-haul across the pond.

Dave Boreham