Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

207p

What is this aircraft?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's a de Havilland Dragon Rapide.Regards,Tom
The aircraft I had my first flight in 1951 taking of from the wooden buildings at Heathrow over and around the London Exhibition and back. I distinctly remember the wicker chairs that the Rapide had. Thanks for the reminder.

John,Same here -my flight was probably about '53 and at RAF Yeadon and I still remember it well - and it led me to 35 years of incredible fun being paid to fly some great aeroplanes.How about your avatar - Yellowjacks - Valley about '64; leader was ?.......... I should remember as he was one of our instructors.Happy DaysJohn R

Funny to see all that modern film equipment next to such an old aircraft. :)

Fellow named Lee Jones (I think?) Followed by Ray Hanna, and then (I think? age is REALLY catching up now) by Bill Loverseed.

John,Same here -my flight was probably about '53 and at RAF Yeadon and I still remember it well - and it led me to 35 years of incredible fun being paid to fly some great aeroplanes.How about your avatar - Yellowjacks - Valley about '64; leader was ?.......... I should remember as he was one of our instructors.Happy Days John R
There was only one skipper for the year of the Team's existance and that was Flt. Lt. Lee Jones.Other Pilots were Flg. Officer Derek McSweeney, Flt. Lt. Jerry Ranscombe, Flg. Officer Peter Hay, Flt Lt. Raymond Hoggarth and not to forget the terrible twins and ardent Goon Show fans Flt. Lt. Henry Prince and Flt. Lt. Guy Whitley.im Not Worthy.gifAnything else I can help you with? Thinking.gif

Remember them well - particularly the Whitley/Prince combo - I see that Guy came down from the other end to give me my IRT towards the end of the course. A great aircraft as well - and I'm 6ft 21/2 !!RegardsJohn R