Sign in to follow this  
Eziocin

g3d.dll......help ..!

Another tweak in FSX.cfg file? Or clean...
Same cfg. Same old tweak with 300mb instead of Zero or 30K.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Bufferpools don't help with g3d.dll's. BP is a performance tweak, better so or so, but it will do nothing for g3d.dll errors - I am yet to see any real proof. I tried it all over the places where I saw g3d.dll's, and could not prevent it with the various BP settings.The CTDs as you call them, are different kinds. If you are talking about g3d.dll error as a CTD, then it's not really CTD. Definition of CTD = Crash To Desktop, would mean FSX closes and goes to desktop, without any error message. So you gotta define yourself better.g3d.dll errors don't happen randomly. The happen for a reason and are usually replicable, nearly 100% probably. At least here. And I see the reason, but I don't know why it does that, other than blame the engine.

Word Not Allowed,It worked for me. That's enough proof for me. LOL.gifThat said, if it's true that g3d.dll crashes are caused by system overload, then I could extrapolate that anything that pushes the system could cause instability or CTDs.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Guest firehawk44

I have missinglibraryalerts=1 enabled in my fsx.cfg. Up until just now, it was preventing the g3d.dll crashes with a warning about missing scenery objects. I would click ok about 10 times and the flight would continue without a CTD. Now I just flew a flight in my 737-700NGX from Eugene Oregon to Seattle, a flight I fly almost everyday without incident. The sim stopped just before arriving at a position just even with Mount Rainier and I was expecting the error message about missing scenery objects to pop up, I would click okay, and the flight would continue. That didn't happen and FSX CTD with the g3d.dll attributed as the fault of the crash. The only thing different from previous flights was the fact I just downloaded and installed the latest version of MyTrafficX 5.4. Best regards,Jim

I'm not convinced that g3d.dll are caused by system overload. IMHO the 'graphics engine' gets in a tizzy with itself, when it can't find objects, the more it can't find the bigger knot it gets in and then finally a CTD will happen. The 'knot' is lessened with the 'error trapping' activated in the FSX.CFG.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Guest firehawk44
Word Not Allowed,It worked for me. That's enough proof for me. LOL.gifThat said, if it's true that g3d.dll crashes are caused by system overload, then I could extrapolate that anything that pushes the system could cause instability or CTDs.
It's amazing how some systems do not have the g3d.dll crashes and many others do. I agree with Word Not Allowed that it's something else as it is scenery related. The g3d.dll belongs to Microsoft and is used to call scenery objects from .bgl files for graphics rendering in FSX. Perhaps you do not have any "bad" scenery installed. In any case, glad you aren't suffering from these crashes.Best regards,Jim

I have missinglibraryalerts=1 enabled in my fsx.cfg. Up until just now, it was preventing the g3d.dll crashes with a warning about missing scenery objects. I would click ok about 10 times and the flight would continue without a CTD. Now I just flew a flight in my 737-700NGX from Eugene Oregon to Seattle, a flight I fly almost everyday without incident. The sim stopped just before arriving at a position just even with Mount Rainier and I was expecting the error message about missing scenery objects to pop up, I would click okay, and the flight would continue. That didn't happen and FSX CTD with the g3d.dll attributed as the fault of the crash. The only thing different from previous flights was the fact I just downloaded and installed the latest version of MyTrafficX 5.4.Best regards,Jim
This will also happen if there are 'AI objects' missing, ie the aircraft. try running the traffic BGLs through AIFP and see if there are any aircraft missing.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Guest firehawk44
This will also happen if there are 'AI objects' missing, ie the aircraft. try running the traffic BGLs through AIFP and see if there are any aircraft missing.
That certainly makes sense. What is the acronym AIFP? Google says AOPA Internet Flight Planner but I know that's not it. Could you provide further guidance? Thanks,Best regards,Jim

The only part that I had already done is this'the disablepreload=1 tweak also add for a smoother fsx, it then only loads the texture files when needed and not on forehand and thus choking up the RAMAs I have said, (Touch wood), I have had FSX CTD for ages

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Is anyone here using ******* Shader Tweak?
Not here.

Not here.
Word Not Allowed,are you not using it because it gives no benefits (I rememember it was introduced to improve performance on ATI cards) ? Are we talking about the shader 3 mod ? I am using even if I don't see any major difference using with or without it....Regards

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Word Not Allowed,are you not using it because it gives no benefits (I rememember it was introduced to improve performance on ATI cards) ? Are we talking about the shader 3 mod ? I am using even if I don't see any major difference using with or without it....Regards
Yes, we are talking about Shader 3 Mod by Bojote. I am not using it because it gives me weird looking water, I prefer the non-mod-water-looks.