Sign in to follow this  
Eziocin

g3d.dll......help ..!

Yes he can, but that's not the point. I would rather have him write a small tutorial and then anyone can do it for his own purpose. As I understand it, all we need is a dummy object, whatever it is, doesn't have to be a huge crate, and then step by step how to convert that into bgl with a guid.
Sounds like a plan

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Sounds like a plan
Yeah, but don't expect it to save you from errors... I've been doing tests for the past couple of hours, and I am yet to find a proof that missing library, GUID, is a cause for a g3d.dll error.

Yeah, but don't expect it to save you from errors... I've been doing tests for the past couple of hours, and I am yet to find a proof that missing library, GUID, is a cause for a g3d.dll error.
Well, I have had any crashes since having no GUID errors. i now have three, but I think this is from the new CIRP scenery over at misty moorings. I just want something to prove that that is the issue, before going back to Misty and saying that 'CIRP' has objects missing.Also, I would need are very good 'step by step' if I have to create these BGL files lol!!!!

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Well, I have had any crashes since having no GUID errors. i now have three, but I think this is from the new CIRP scenery over at misty moorings. I just want something to prove that that is the issue, before going back to Misty and saying that 'CIRP' has objects missing.
You haven't had I guess?It might be scenery dependable, I am testing deeply the Aerosoft sceneries, single airports. I didn't find missing GUIDs anywhere else.We need to find a way, if there is one, to change how the scenery loads! How far away what part of the scenery... that way it's way easier to prevent a g3d.dll. Just see my examples.I also noticed that airports that were crashing were loading runways and taxiways first, at least it looked like that, the others loaded terrain first, at least it looks like that, a big colored smudge visible from pretty far away! EBBR and EDDF first load runways onto a green palette and then taxiways, and when you get close, the ground appears. Could that be a cause for trouble????

Well, this may be totally off and not related or just sheer luck, but I had an amazing experience this evening...With my VERY high FSX settings I get GREAT performance, smooth, good fps, great, awesome, but... I also get CTD's every 15 to 30 minutes, specially with the Katana. Other planes, so I found out, take some longer to make FSX crash. Yesterday I did a specific flight and everytime FSX crashed after only 5 minutes or so, three times in a row. On other fights it took longer, but I wasn't able to fly appcrash free for half an hour.Today someone said something about using FSUIPC to autosave the flight so I could easily recover a flight after a crash. SInce I don't have FSUIPC I looked for an alternative and I found AutoSave on some forum: I installed it and let it save up to three saves and with a very short interval of 3 minutes.I started the flight that made FSX crash after a few minutes... and I kept on flying... and flying... I landed on my destination airport after 50 minutes without ANY problems... So I planned another flight: I alt-entered to the desktop, opened Plan-G, created a flight, saved it and went back to FSX... all still without crashing! I toof off and after some 10 minutes I decided to check if my graphic settings were really as high as I though they were... I went to the display settings and yes, everything was VERY high. Amazing... When I went back to the plane FSX finally crashed....I immediately started FSX again (without restarting the computer) and loaded the last automated saved flight and finished it after half an hour.It this a coincidicne? SHeer luck? Or does saving a flight have an effect on memory? Maybe things that were in memory are flushed or whatever?Again, I don't understand anything of all this and I don't know why I could fly this long without an appcrash (if I wouldn't have gone to the display, I might have finished the second flight without appcrash too), but I wonder if anyone else has thought about this: I wonder if someone who gets very frequent appcrashes could test what happens when the flight is saved on a very regular basis. Just curious.Obviously I will see tomorrow what happens on my next long flight...

You haven't had I guess?It might be scenery dependable, I am testing deeply the Aerosoft sceneries, single airports. I didn't find missing GUIDs anywhere else.
I think it is very scenery dependant indeed. If we get rid of all missing objects, then as you say CTD will still happen, but hopefully we can at least say, that reducing missing objects had a factor in reducing the CTDs.Jeroen,Sounds good. Have you a link to the 'autosave', by any chance. We could all give it a go, and see if that helps

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Guest firehawk44

Is anyone getting CTD's with default scenery? I know that, in the case of PNW scenery, I had g3d.dll crashes 100% of the time in certain areas but, if I disabled PNW and used only the default scenery, I had no crashes. Another thing that is not mentioned here too much.... We are all talking about g3d.dll errors and common with those errors is Exception Code 0xc0000005, or Memory Access Violations. Now I assume while the g3d.dll was calling for information to render from a scenery.bgl and could not find the information, that caused the Memory Access Violation but, in any case, this is always included with the g3d.dll (and ntdll.dll) errors. Unfortunately, when you search the Internet for possible causes of the Memory Access Violations, there is no direct solution. Most "experts" recommend undating their drivers, especially the video card drivers. Sometimes that works but most of the time it doesn't.Best regards,Jim

Is anyone getting CTD's with default scenery? I know that, in the case of PNW scenery, I had g3d.dll crashes 100% of the time in certain areas but, if I disabled PNW and used only the default scenery, I had no crashes. Another thing that is not mentioned here too much.... We are all talking about g3d.dll errors and common with those errors is Exception Code 0xc0000005, or Memory Access Violations. Now I assume while the g3d.dll was calling for information to render from a scenery.bgl and could not find the information, that caused the Memory Access Violation but, in any case, this is always included with the g3d.dll (and ntdll.dll) errors. Unfortunately, when you search the Internet for possible causes of the Memory Access Violations, there is no direct solution. Most "experts" recommend undating their drivers, especially the video card drivers. Sometimes that works but most of the time it doesn't.Best regards,Jim
Jim, yes, I mentioned couple of times that FSX default doesn't give ANY error, no crashes, nothing, even with high loaded VAS. It is the addon scenery. You wanna fly without it? I think it's better to find out why.

Just want to throw in, that you guys have all my respect for not giving up!!!many thanks!Hope someone will find a 100% solution!im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds good. Have you a link to the 'autosave', by any chance. We could all give it a go, and see if that helps
I downloaded it from this site:http://www.fs2000.org/downloads/doc_details/31733I set it up to save the flight every 3 minutes with a maximum of 3 saved flights and no saving while on the ground. I can't imagine this really is some sort of solution but it is odd and amazing that I could fly so long without an appcrash: this never happened before on my new pc (which I bought last July). As I said, maybe saving the flight somehow resets something or frees up memory or whatever... Again, I have no knowledge at all about how these things work. ;) I just noticed I didn't have an appcrash.Pity I have to wait until tomorrow evening before I can give it another try...

Guest firehawk44
Jim, yes, I mentioned couple of times that FSX default doesn't give ANY error, no crashes, nothing, even with high loaded VAS. It is the addon scenery. You wanna fly without it? I think it's better to find out why.
I agree. We all are making progress and at least we are starting to see some of the reasons for the CTD's. I doubt there will be a 100% solution though as I believe it's a combination of things, like installed memory, GPU's and display driver settings, CPU's, and then what's running in FSX and in what LOD. Definitely a challenging mission!Best regards,Jim

Guest firehawk44
I downloaded it from this site:http://www.fs2000.or...c_details/31733I set it up to save the flight every 3 minutes with a maximum of 3 saved flights and no saving while on the ground. I can't imagine this really is some sort of solution but it is odd and amazing that I could fly so long without an appcrash: this never happened before on my new pc (which I bought last July). As I said, maybe saving the flight somehow resets something or frees up memory or whatever... Again, I have no knowledge at all about how these things work. ;) I just noticed I didn't have an appcrash.Pity I have to wait until tomorrow evening before I can give it another try...
I know I had a flight running this weekend that was known to crash at a certain location and I got a telephone call and paused the sim. Finished the 30 minute or so call and continued the flight. This time, I was able to get past the known area of previous crashes and finish the flight. Just more food for thought...Best regards,Jim

Yes he can, but that's not the point. I would rather have him write a small tutorial and then anyone can do it for his own purpose. As I understand it, all we need is a dummy object, whatever it is, doesn't have to be a huge crate, and then step by step how to convert that into bgl with a guid.
First, I don't think size of bgl is an issue. IIUC a bgl file is just a RIFF container and it should be possible to just index into the file and extract what is needed, though it could be the whole file is memory mapped.For the missing object it is trivial to create a box or whatever and use MCX to set a guid and save it as a mdl file. You could just repeatedly change guid and save, when done use the librarycreaterXML to put the mdls into a library bgl and there you go.something to throw in the mix is that for FSDT airports, I think the objects are not in scenery bgl files, rather they are created as misc simobjects and I guess placed using simconnect, sort of like how UT2 works, but of course they don't move at all.scott s..