Sign in to follow this  

What taxi navigator do you use ?

Yep, but I am lazy beside being busy dodging catering vans, so an interactive zoom with an integrated GPS would render the life easier...caugh..caugh..SP2..caugh... why not ?I tried in the past few follow me programs but they mainly rely on default FSX airports as well. Another option is AES but it is too expensive if used on 10-20 airports IMO.
Maybe i didn't make my self clear. What I meant was that FSX built in taxi help should use the third party airport AFCAD. And the taxi help should lead you over the correct taxiways and not over the grass.

FSCommander, it not only shows where you are, it shows all traffic.
I have it but It forces me to work on windowed mode that I hate. In addition it sucks precious FPS.I use it anyway to build plan, that's great.
Maybe i didn't make my self clear. What I meant was that FSX built in taxi help should use the third party airport AFCAD. And the taxi help should lead you over the correct taxiways and not over the grass.
When I tried the FSX arrows over third party airports I always ended myself straight into an hangar or on the grass/walls.Dunno if other succeeded instead.

I have it but It forces me to work on windowed mode that I hate. In addition it sucks precious FPS.I use it anyway to build plan, that's great.
I use it on a second machine with 'WideFS' so for me its not a problem, if you have that option.

Jay

I use it on a second machine with 'WideFS' so for me its not a problem, if you have that option.
Yes, I would use it only when on ground anyway and you know people have mental issues, mine is that I dislike to consume ampere using a second laptop just as navigator.

Yes, I would use it only when on ground anyway and you know people have mental issues, mine is that I dislike to consume ampere using a second laptop just as navigator.
LOL I understand, run it on batteries :-) For me, I cant fly without it since I fly with a group and it helps me keep track of them

Jay

Being able to follow taxi clearances is half the challenge (and fun) in my opinion. I use real world charts.

Being able to follow taxi clearances is half the challenge (and fun) in my opinion. I use real world charts.
I can somehow agree but when at f.i.Charles De Gaulle at night or Shipholthe the challenge becomes a nightmare in my opinion.

Usually I pull up the APD on my iPhone. If I'm flying online during a big event and I know I'll be busy I'll print it out and slap it on a physical kneeboard, which I've found to be much easier than cluttering up my desk with paper charts.

69.99 CHF I converted the price to USD it's $77.56!!!! At least they give you a free trial so that's cool.

69.99 CHF I converted the price to USD it's $77.56!!!! At least they give you a free trial so that's cool.
That's what we were discussing a few posts ago. At a price that is more than the NGX itself, I'll stick to paper charts.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Charts happy.png Quite useful to have a second monitor. Most US airports that haven't been severely renovated after FSX was released are quite accurate when it comes to taxiways. Less so in Europe, but it's close. I always try to get some sort of updated scenery for my departure and arrival airport, so that charts and navaids are as up to date as possible. As real as it gets, eh? ;)