Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

FeelThere LE: Phenom 100 by Embraer

I really had high hopes for it after watching the developement of the real 100, but the unreadable text at the top of the PFD and MFD is just too much trouble so she is now a hanger queen until such time as that's fixed, as well as the missing pages in the GPS. Too bad too because it had a lot of potential.

Jay

I find the Feel-There Phenom 100 to be one of the better aircraft designed for the Flight Sim. It's the first VLJ that you have to learn to fly and reading the manuals is a must as you will not be able to fly it by just switching on the Batts etc and fly.Althought it says it is an LE version that only means it is not a direct copy of the real aircraft as far as all the bells and tinsel. It is built to be fun to fly. I was a bit down hearted the first time I tried, but after reading the manual I found this to be the first VLJ that you have to really learn to fly with more knowledge having to be learnt like the real world with learning curves..As far as I am concerned well done Feel-There for making an aircraft that is both a pleasure and fun to fly.

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

Hello all.

I recently bought the Phenom 100, i like to fly a easy-to-handly private jet for fast flights.

My problem: The performance is unplayable low (6-7 fps) as soon as i choose this machine.

Standard: I have absolute stable 30 fps in every situation, with standard aircraft, the A2A Cessna and Twin Otter Extended.

Installed: FSX + Acc, FSGlobal 2010, FTX Gobal, FTX Vector, Rex Essential HD, Ultimate Traffic 2

Even on high traffic airports, with tons of clouds, i have stable 30 fps.

When i choose the Phenom, it drops to 6-7, sometimes 10 fps. Inside the Cockpit and on external view.

Has anybody an idea what could cause this drop?

I have already decreased the instruments refresh rate to 50 %, no change.

My System: i2500K @4.4 Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Geforce GTX 780, Win8.

I really would like to fly that plane :(

Regards,

Jan

Old thread, new problem - have you checked, the other options in the "P100 configurator" are set appropriately? (anti-aliasing, for example)

I'd suggest to take a quick look at all the tabs there just to make sure.

Yes i tried all the changeable options in the configurator with no effects on the framerate. Im really out of ideas.

Now i de-installed and re-installed (with right-click --> run as admin).

Same situation.

Standing on the airfield. A2A Cessna. 30 fps.

Changing the plane to the Phenom. A second 30 fps, then 12, again 30 fps for a second, then 9,5 fps. Again 30 fps, then finally 5,5 fps. Inside and Outside the machine. Engines not running, displays black.

Changing back to the standard cessna...baaam! 30 fps and stable.

What the heck is wrong with the Phenom? :(

again, did you confirm the installer isn't being run in winXP, or other, 'comparability mode?  win8, thinking it is 'helping', will/can revert to this setting by default for older programs (ie, things designed and released before win8 was a blinking cursor in Bill Gate's eye).

see -

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/76398-e-jets-regional-jets-very-low-fps/

--

edit: corrected link

--

Edited by scoob

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

I looked in my notes and I had the 6 FPS problem with the Phenom as well.

Did the following:

- I found I had Vista compatibility mode enabled on my FSX.exe. Turned that off.

- Uninstalled the Phenom.

- Right click on the original downloaded zip file and click Unblock to remove the zone block, then click Apply and OK.

- Unpacked the zip file, right click on the installer and click Run As Administrator

After the above steps I loaded the Phenom again and was getting 30 FPS.

Barry Friedman

@scoob, im not aware i can run the installer in another way than "as administrator" or normal...i reinstalled it as administrator.

But yes, my FSX is running as admin, which is shown by the little shield-logo on the icon.

By the way, your link seems not to work :(

@bdf369: i have a retail version distributed by JustFlight. I have no Zip File i can unpack. I see all the files directly on the DVD. there, i run the "setup.exe" as admin...

concerning 'compatibility mode' see -

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-run-older-programs-under-windows-8.html

NOTE ... if you were not careful even FSX may have been installed in winXP compatibility mode ... as the program was developed and released before win7.

correct link for discussion of FPS problems by win8 trying to be helpful -

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/76398-e-jets-regional-jets-very-low-fps/

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Hi Scoob,

i am aware how to set the compatibility modes in Win8.

It is not checked while i install the Phenom.

I am not aware, how i can check if WIn8 installs it in compatibility mode by its own - i can only check its NOT activated when i right-click the setup.exe.

All i can do is uninstall and re-install (what i have done now 3 times).

Still the same problem.

http://www.picpaste.com/BDoJnMYu.jpg