Sign in to follow this  
Flightsummer

The CH / FSUIPC / SP1 - IDLE BUG

If you observe too fast descents and you have often to use the speedbrakes - it may be caused by this "SP1 IDLE BUG". The conditions are:- CH yoke- FSUIPC- and you assigned one button "Gear UP"In this case the N1 suddenly increases at 15500ft from 34.9% to 40%. And that leads to an increase of speed forcing the considerable use of the speedbrakes or you will overshoot.BTW. there is no problem with assigning the axises and it doesn't matter which button is used. Assigning one button to "Gear Up" and using this button after takeoff leads much later during the descent to the N1 jump! So, don't do that until the bug is repaired. Use the "G"!I hope that the images will illustrate what I mean.

But the Boeing 737 knows a thing called "approach idle". it is higher and enabled, if you are below 15000ft or engine anti-ice is selected.

If you observe too fast descents and you have often to use the speedbrakes - it may be caused by this "SP1 IDLE BUG". The conditions are:- CH yoke- FSUIPC- and you assigned one button "Gear UP"In this case the N1 suddenly increases at 15500ft from 34.9% to 40%. And that leads to an increase of speed forcing the considerable use of the speedbrakes or you will overshoot.BTW. there is no problem with assigning the axises and it doesn't matter which button is used. Assigning one button to "Gear Up" and using this button after takeoff leads much later during the descent to the N1 jump! So, don't do that until the bug is repaired. Use the "G"!
You do not need FSUIPC to assigned "Gear up" in any CH YOKE buttons!

But the Boeing 737 knows a thing called "approach idle". it is higher and enabled, if you are below 15000ft or engine anti-ice is selected.
Not quite true. The altitude switch is a backup if other sensors fail and the idle is much lower than 40%.

Matt Cee

Thank you so much for posting this. Your "fix" has resolved most of the issues I had with this aircraft. I use the Saitek yoke and Throttle Quadrant and experienced the same problems you had.By the way, how did you figure this out? Thanks again!

FSUIPC does not work with ngx from what I have seen been thru all of this and the only way I can get autopilot to work properly is to use yoke not quadrant for throttles, still use buttons on quadrant but you assign them in fsx only.

Rich Sennett

FSUIPC does not work with ngx from what I have seen been thru all of this and the only way I can get autopilot to work properly is to use yoke not quadrant for throttles, still use buttons on quadrant but you assign them in fsx only
Rich I used to think the way you do. But not anymore, the only thing that I still have left in FSX is a few key commands that are needed. Everything else (90 percent) buttons and axis are assigned through FSUIPC. Works flawlessly with the NGX. I think the reason some people are having problems is they are not setting it up correctly, as was my case the first 2 times I tried.There are plenty of tutorials on the web on how to set it up correctly and that is how I learned. I even have my reversers working flawlessly now on my X52 pro which I was not able to do the first 2 times cause I was not setting up correctly.Examples that were causing me issues. I still had some of my axis in FSX even though they were also in FSUIPC so they conflicted. If you move to FSUIPC for your axis you want to completely remove them all from FSX. Another thing is after you setup an Axis in FSUIPC you also have to finish by going to the Calibration tab and setting up the calibration for each axis. Failure to do this corectly will result in it not working correctly.I know PMDG recommends against using FSUIPC for obvious reasons, but if you set it up correctly it will work just fine with the NGX. It takes a little time to learn but once you do learn the sky is the limit to what you can achieve in FSUIPC.The tutorials are your friend just search on Google for setting up an AXIS with FSUIPC.

This is fixed in SP1b - it affected any hardware device that sends non-standard gear up/down events to FSX. The Saitek Pro Panel thing does it as well. For now just use G to raise and lower the gear.
Thank you!

I dont have any issues and I use CH Pro Yoke, FSUIPC and the CH throttle quadrants

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I have only one problem with FSUIPC and the NGX - so if anyone has a fix I would be thrilled to know what it is?? I am having a probelm deplying or retracting the gear using the assigned button on my CH products yoke? It works fine using G on the keyboard. I am using FSUIPC to control the buttons on my CH products yoke (and have deleted all the key and joystick assignments in normal and slew mode in FSX to remove any possible conflicts with FSUIPC!). Every other assigned button (flaps, view, elevator trim etc etc) on the CH products yoke works just fine (via FSUIPC). It is only the gear thay will not function. Anyone else had a similar problem and got a fix? Thanks

The g has to be assigned in fsx on your ch yoke or throttle quadrant, not in fsiupc you should not be having a problem doing that works fine

Rich Sennett

I might give that a try - I have the CH pro yoke and quadrant and certainly require a lot of spoiler use on descent (have posted stuff about this but blaming the FMC! :) ). I have fsuipc but don't recall assigning gear up through fsuipc, only through fsx. Should gear up be disabled everywhere (except keyboard)?Also, side note - does anyone know how to assign all left engines to one throttle, and all right engines to a second throttle? I have the throttle quadrant (as per above) from CH but have issues with sensitivities, etc.

With the ch quadrant I tried something that was quite interesting I asigned lever 1 for an engine and number 2 with no assignment, yet I push both as if both were working an illusion now for the other engine I assign lever 5 for the other enging and clear out 6 but keep in mind it was pretty cool but still had AP disengagement so I gave up and just use the yoke lever.

Rich Sennett