Sign in to follow this  
dighost

Microsoft what the heck is your deal?

If you go to the Microsoft Flight website, it says... no, encourages its audience to email them comments or questions. Surely one of the top questions is what other scenery besides Hawaii exists in this incarnation of flight simulator. Like many software companies, they hide behind an NDA and a position of "secrecy" as if they were hiding the launch codes to nukes. It's a freaking game!! Believe me, if Microsoft is worried that by telling the community they are making a global flight simulator-- I doubt some other software company is going to burst on the scene with a new flight simulator to spoil the MS launch. So Microsoft, if you have any regard-- in the slightest-- for the community that has supported you for the last 20 years, then please man up and finally end the speculation. Is Flight just going to be a Hawaii only simulator or not???

Yes !!Hawaii only !!!!!!Bill Gates Junior.LMAO.gif

I doubt some other software company is going to burst on the scene with a new flight simulator to spoil the MS launch.
HelloSomeone is going to do just that if Flight! turns out to be what many suspect it to be.XPlane-10

Why can't you wait until Flight is released? Don't think your life is going to be any different with or without this information.

Why can't you wait until Flight is released? Don't think your life is going to be any different with or without this information.
My life will change .. currently, I have a doomsday "death row" cocktail set to release into my veins if Flight is Hawaii only. Perhaps the OP has the same cocktail setup for himself.

And also to think that the answer was in last months information.

And also to think that the answer was in last months information.
I know it's not a matter of life or death, however I think the "secrecy" behind the question is silly. It's pretty apparent that Microsoft is avoiding the answer, so I just want to know what is up. If they plan on making it a Hawaii only simulator, then that's fine and I'll stick with FSX or move to something else.

Go back and read October's article and the answer is in there. Then there will be no more secrecy and they are not avoiding the answer, since they answered this a month ago. No, I am not going to tell anyone the answer because I am SURE you are all capable of reading.

Go back and read October's article and the answer is in there. Then there will be no more secrecy and they are not avoiding the answer, since they answered this a month ago. No, I am not going to tell anyone the answer because I am SURE you are all capable of reading.
Hi just checked it...........fly freely without guidance in order to simply enjoy the beauty of the world....."world" thats it!!!greets from NZ

Yes, they own the franchise. They decide how to go about selling their products. But if they dont lose customers as a result of this veil of secrecy, they sure aren't winning any. Personally, I can't care less about announcements. My only hope for 'Flight' is that it's more stable than FSX and less resource intensive. The only reason I, and no doubt many others have stuck with MS is the lack of alternatives (and available add-ons). With the launch of XP10, Aerosoft sim & Prepar3d, and seeing that major developers are paying attention, we may finally see worthy alternatives. Sam

My life will change .. currently, I have a doomsday "death row" cocktail set to release into my veins if Flight is Hawaii only. Perhaps the OP has the same cocktail setup for himself.
Don't do it SirSit down ,a couple of deep breaths ,and a fine cup of that beverage that dare not speak its name.

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Don't do it SirSit down ,a couple of deep breaths ,and a fine cup of that beverage that dare not speak its name.
Too funny ... LOL.gif

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.