Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

SP1b News: A bit of stuffing to go with your meal...

That with HYD off you must move flight controls (except rudder*) to full 100% of travel.Same as with flight control switches to OFF.This is not a fly by wire aircraft or hydraulically powered flight controls (they are hyd. assisted, only rudder is hyd powered).And whenever is needed in flight, or with at least one flight control switch to STBY RUDDER, the rudder must move.There is one pump, one stby rudder actuator, switches are connected in "parallel" so, one is sufficient to activate stby rudder, but, stby rudder is also avaiable automatically in some conditions, including a flight control A or B Low pressure... See the lights on the overhead, they seems to work correctly.As soon you see stby RUD on, the rudder must move.PS: When you put flight control switches to OFF, you remove pressure from the A and B actuator, Spoilers continues to work, helping the turns, but, on the NGX by limiting the flight control travel it inhibit also the spoilers operation.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

I checked again, now on the 600 and found that it is working with one switch on STBY RUD, so, in this part it seems fixed, I must check better, I'm sure that after SP1 I tried it on the 800 and it was not working... However, it is missing the automatic function.The standby hydraulic pump automatically supplies pressure to the standby rudder PCU when these conditions are present:

• System A or system B low pressure
  • Airplane is in the air or wheel speed greater than 60 knots
  • TE flaps are not up.
  • Either system A or system B flight control switches are ON.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Ok, nothing changed... I tried just now on ground.With aircraft on ground, switch off all hyd pumps, then, put one of the fligt control switches to STBY RUDDER, STBY RUD ON light correctly turns on, but there is no way to move rudder, move the other flight control switch to OFF, now you are able to move the rudder.No automatic function at all, it was hard to simulate as without pressure and with FSforce installed I was unable to mantain altitude. "bug" still present.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Thanks for the update.I am excited to read that PMDG is committed to releasing the military variant. Excellent.Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

That with HYD off you must move flight controls (except rudder*) to full 100% of travel.Same as with flight control switches to OFF.
Maybe it's difficult to simulate, since in this case the flight controls are hard to move manually, even if they should go to full travel.
I checked again, now on the 600 and found that it is working with one switch on STBY RUD, so, in this part it seems fixed
You mean on the 600 it works and not on the 800? (I don't have the 600).PMDG Team, are you aware of the problem?

James Goggi

Maybe it's difficult to simulate, since in this case the flight controls are hard to move manually, even if they should go to full travel.
They are hard to move, but there are 2 pilots in the cockpit, they can work together to get the control. It can be better simulated if a delay in the execution will be add. Something like:I'm falling down, trim is not working automatically(double engine failure and apu inop, the worst condition) I'm pulling the column to try to level the plane, initially the column moves a bit, then, if the joy is still in that position a bit of travel, at least 50% must be added, or it becomes difficult to control the aircraft. Trim is useful only if it is working, and with a force feedback joystick and FSforce activated it is not the case.For ailerons, imagine we have a leakage on the flight controls actuators (both systems A and :(, we must isolate them with flight control switches to OFF, then we turn, in the NGX you are unable to be helped by spoilers.I think that if it is a feature, a bit more of elevator travel must be added, and an increased travel limit on each second you have the control yoke/joy over the actual limits. This will reduce aircraft controls, make them arder, but leave you the possibility to make slower but full corrections. Obviously, the centering must be "fast".Another ting is to add a voice in the menus to remove this feature if unwanted. For who have a force feedback yoke/joy it could be nice to have forces increased by FF and not travel limited.
You mean on the 600 it works and not on the 800? (I don't have the 600).
Maybe I was forgotting that the other flight cont switch must be on ON to find the issue, I did without shutting down pumps on the 600, putting one on OFF and the other on STBY RUD, so I was unable to recreate it.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

I am a bit concerned, because if the system had been programmed correctly, the flight controls should have worked that way without too many troubles... In fact, when you get deeper into systems, you realize that we are only in the FS world, and we'll never be able to use these aircraft for professional training, for example in this case for flight test training...

James Goggi

If we have flights that we have saved will we have to erase those flights for SP1b and start over as we did with SP1?Love the NGX.ThanksDon

All within FSX limit can be simulated, if not simulated correctly, it is something not simulated or wrongly simulated.It is not for professional use, I know, but there are other simulated systems that you will never use, and default FS flight controls move without hyd power.Now, Must I think that the default 737 simulates aileron/elevator movement better than PMDG?I suspect tat pmdg want to simulate how hard becomes a flight control without hyd power and in air, but I think that in this case a bit of help in moving flight controls is needed.Or, as it is a not professional thing, why simulate the absence of hydraulic pressure? Why reducing flight control travel? I think it is someting that was programmed, as on defult aircrafts flight controls move with or without pressure.The points are 2, or it is a feature (and is not as real as supposed) or it is an issue.If it is a feature, as it is present, can be tuned to work better and make the plane flyable as it must beIf it is an issue, it can be easily modified/fixed.There is no a FSX limit here, no professional addition or not, is part of the simulation, is what the letter P (precision) of PMDG means.It is what, I think/hope PMDG is searching for and offers to us.We can enter in a world of nonsense about what is simulated correctly but is useless for flight simulator, but if not simulated all of you will be sad.We can think about a Attendant call, ground call, the various overheat, airconditioning, pressurization, antiice, wingflex, just to name few,

If we have flights that we have saved will we have to erase those flights for SP1b and start over as we did with SP1?Love the NGX.ThanksDon
Maybe. :(

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Thanks for the update.I am excited to read that PMDG is committed to releasing the military variant. Excellent.Ray
What?..............................................YAHOOOOOO....!!!!!!!.............................tks for the notice.Regards....................

ATO VATMEX director, VATNA P1-P2 instructor (spanish), VATSIM 897455, more than 9000 hrs flight.

What?..............................................YAHOOOOOO....!!!!!!!.............................tks for the notice.Regards....................
Yep, this one for a start. Looks like a winner to me.Stores_P8a.jpgRay

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Ok, nothing changed... I tried just now on ground.With aircraft on ground, switch off all hyd pumps, then, put one of the fligt control switches to STBY RUDDER, STBY RUD ON light correctly turns on, but there is no way to move rudder, move the other flight control switch to OFF, now you are able to move the rudder.No automatic function at all, it was hard to simulate as without pressure and with FSforce installed I was unable to mantain altitude. "bug" still present.
Yes, the same for me. Summing up, there are 2 "problems" (Andrea, correct me if I am wrong):1. With hydraulics off one should still be able to move the flight controls, even if with more difficulty, instead in the NGX you can just move ailerons and elevator with a very little displacement, and the aircraft is not governable.2. The rudder should always be movable, either when the hydraulics is on, or when it's off, since the Stby Rudder should kick in automatically and power the rudder.I hope this can be corrected in SP1b...

James Goggi

1) Yes, flight controls remain fully operational (regarding the flight surfaces and wheel/coolumn movements) but the force needed to move them will be increased a lot. Servo tabs (PMDG simulates correctly the relative movement) are installed to help pilots by removing some forces, but they still need to "fight" with them.2) the "always" is not fully correct, there are some differences between ground and air configuration, on ground the automatic STBY rudder will come on if at take off roll (over 60kts) and other conditions are met (see the list above) or when aircraft is approaching (airplane in air, with flaps not up)Also the WTRIS function is not correctly simulated, at least for what regards the YAW damper switch (because turn coordination cannot be tried without moving the other surfaces).The WTRIS supplies in stby rudder mode the possibility to have a stby yaw damper and wheel to rudder interconnection (something like a turn coordination).Try this procedure in flight:

• Place both FLT CONT A and B switches to OFF
  • Place at least one of these switches to STBY RUD
  • Engage the yaw damper switch to ON.

The flight control A and B switches to OFF sends a signal to enable SMYD 2 for WTRIS and standby yaw damping. One or both of these switches to the STBY RUD position provides standby hydraulic pressure to the standby rudder PCU to move the rudder.After you turn on the WTRIS and the standby yaw damper, and after a two-second delay, the yaw damper engage light will go off to show these systems are operating.In the NGX, the YAW DAMPER can be re-engaged when flt cont B is off, (wrong) and cannot extinguish the light if flt cont B is on STBY RUD.There are few things to be fixed here... :-)

Regards

Andrea Daviero