Sign in to follow this  
IAmThWlfMan

WOOHOO X-Plane 10 Demo is out..

Downloading, half way done... this should be interesting....
FS2Crew for X Plane?Possibly?Whistle.gif

Downloading...Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

FS2Crew for X Plane?Possibly?Whistle.gif
Anything is possible. If X-Plane 10 is brilliant (I'm still downloading), and the bulk of FSX users gravitate over to X-Plane, then I'll have to follow them.Biggest concern with X-Plane though is that I'd basically be starting from scratch in a way. It took this old dog a long time to get comfortable developing in the FSX environment... with X-Plane I'm basically back to square 1.That and the fact that Austin likes to change his code a lot, which is a bit scary from a dev point of view if the goal posts are always being moved around...

Anything is possible. If X-Plane 10 is brilliant (I'm still downloading), and the bulk of FSX users gravitate over to X-Plane, then I'll have to follow them.Biggest concern with X-Plane though is that I'd basically be starting from scratch in a way. It took this old dog a long time to get comfortable developing in the FSX environment... with X-Plane I'm basically back to square 1.That and the fact that Austin likes to change his code a lot, which is a bit scary from a dev point of view if the goal posts are always being moved around...
Kind of a double edged sword. Users won't go if developers won't go. Developers won't go if users won't go.

Kind of a double edged sword. Users won't go if developers won't go. Developers won't go if users won't go.
Yeah, that's an issue. Kinda for FS2Crew as well.We're just the little fish in the pond and we follow the big fish like PMDG, Level-D, etc, since we make expansion packs for their planes.What X-Plane really needs is to get PMDG over into your court, and maybe ORBX.You win them over, and X-Plane could really take over.

Yeah, that's an issue. Kinda for FS2Crew as well.We're just the little fish in the pond and we follow the big fish like PMDG, Level-D, etc, since we make expansion packs for their planes.What X-Plane really needs is to get PMDG over into your court, and maybe ORBX.You win them over, and X-Plane could really take over.
I say this with much reverence, but the quality of add ons for x plane is rapidly getting better. There are several new add ons in development that will be study level. So much so, that they could stand up against the top level FSX developers...and in some cases, surpass them.

Yeah great newsCan't get just yet but looking forward to everyone's reviews. By the way does anyone know if there are changes in Plane maker?

Orbx always said that they are an MS platform developers ONLY time and time again....to go X-plane they will have to take their foot out of their mouth first.

I have it and tried it.It delivers what you have seen so far - at a price. Just as Austin said - if you set up the same visual performance as XP9 you will get similiar - if not slightly better - framerates.But everything on top comes at a price. Shadows are expensive. In-cockpit shadows are not working well for me. Clouds are expensive. KSEA is looking great, but hurts my framerate pretty bad. I have a fairly good system (i5 2500k, 560Ti). Don´t expect miracles, there is no free lunch. Dig up some old posts about when FSX was released. I think we will hear much to the same tune.One hard crash, too. I can´t go to the "joystick axis" page without the program stopping on me.Completely new view system. Haven´t dug in enough to know if I like it or not.Oh, and one thing to keep in mind: This is not a demo of the final product! This can be considered an early beta. Check out the "contact us" link at the download page. Use it to tell the team what issues you have (along with all pertinent information and the log.txt from your X-Plane10 directory).X-Plane has gone through this painful transition several times - it will shine eventually, and if you stick around you will be rewarded :-)Jan

Thank you for this! I will download and try before eating any turkey today!

Keith Guillory