Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird8

What AI do you use?

Try the WOAI website, you might get more joy there, they have a map that you can pick the aircraft from by part of the world, been using WOAI for years and its great, plus its more fun to pick your own airlines

UT2 you can add new airlines with the power pack and import new ai downloaded planes like i re did every single airline with md11s and i redid delta i love it cannot go wrong five stars. works very well only con it is $50.

I used to use WOAI - but I found its models (originally designed for FS9) to be frame-rate killers. Try Ultimate Traffic and you'll get better performance.Sam Kharey

UT2 It's the only one I know anything about. Everything installed default. Haven't studied it too much, yet. It is kind of neat to have airplanes to fly right over the top of you or to have TCAS alarms that are really close.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

I'm using WOAI for my flight plans but have all the a/c from the WOAI flight plans assigned to UT2 models and paints. Basically I have UT2 only for the models since the are FSX native except for one model that is FS9. I was using only UT2 but got tired of the pauses when the traffic was being injected plus not as much traffic at night.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Im using UT2 with the TSS audio enviroment, Just too add that little touch of realism... Atleast its better than the default AI traffic sounds!!

I agree with several points here. The best is free (VATSIM), but since you're asking AI, then I'll certainly have to go with UT2. I own them all. You cannot name one that I don't have sadly to say. For me it's either UT2 or default but have only been using UT2 for over a year now. Real world routes, much better looking paints. Some of the others have similar and new updates have improved them, but with UT2 I can set up MOA's and have military pilots fly the parameter (not easy though), you can buy seasonal changes to the routes and all that fun stuff. Not bad and only a couple bucks. The one negative that you'll find about UT2 though is that it's entirely 100% simmconnect based. That means if say you like sitting and watching traffic, or just like the idea of maybe seeing that plane enroute from France to Boston as you fly from Boston to France, then just don't ever hit escape. Any menu access whatsoever will disconnect simconnect and resets all traffic. This isn't an issue for a lot of people but it can be for some as well. The good news is you don't need aps like AI smooth if on approach and have a piper cub in your path. Just hit escape as fast as you can possibly hit it twice and no more traffic in your way ;)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

The most realistic : MT X + Mt LiveFor all major airliners you can download all live schedules from that moment ( server is updated every 90 seconds ) and for smaller airliners the MT X schedule are being used. That icw their much improved aircraft ( animated + effects ) gives me right what I want.I took it even one step further : Audi Environment Airliners Edition + my custom used aircraft sounds make the AI aircraft also sound like the real aircrafts.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Any menu access whatsoever will disconnect simconnect and resets all traffic.
Would you mind elaborating on this a bit please? I would never hit escape when in FS unless I anted to actually end the flight. What other menu access actions would disable it?Thanks.