Sign in to follow this  
Gramps ZA

NGX rated best sim package EVER by PC PILOT magazine!

I'm writing a 737NGX review for PC Gamer.Giving it 0/10 stars. Totally unbiased. ;-)
Nice dig. I love it. Now get us the 757 before June 2012.

Paul Gugliotta

With over 10,000 hours in the real world 737, all I can say is,,,, it is the best so far, maybe not 100 percent perfect, but close. I have tried all the other sims., for many hours, they just don't get close.If,,, I would have had this sim to practice my 6 month .checks, things would have gone better.Thanks PMDG. I for one,, am looking forward to the 900ERJfriz
So what do you think that should be improved about the NGX? As a real 737 pilot, you should know it. tongue.pngIn my opinion this is what should be improved, correct me if I'm wrong. (Only real world pilots can correct me!).1. The 737's engines have a certain N1 point, where they start to spool up really fast. In the real 737, after about 35% N1, the engines start to spool up really quickly, while in the NGX, the engines start to spool up really quickly after about 50%. Perhaps this is a limitation of FSX, but I have seen it in many 737 videos, with the camera on the EICAS. If someone can provide me a real good 737 take off in HD, where you can easily see the EICAS up close, I'll make a video comparison with the NGX, you will see that the engines spool up differently.2. In the real 737, you can create your own waypoints, for example at for a visual approach.3. I heard another 737 pilot say about the NGX, that there was something wrong with hydraulics. I'm not sure, but I thought he said that the hydraulic pressure was a little too low or something.4. There should be no roar sound of the engines at high altitudes.This is what should be improved in terms of stability and compatibility with the NGX. Although a lot has already been fixed since SP1, there are still some problems I'm having.1. I am sometimes having a CTD when using IVAP and the NGX, while I'm not having this with other aircraft. The NGX should be more compatible with IVAP.2. Although I'm not really suffering from CTD's (apart from IVAP), there are still some people complaining that they have CTD's around certain scenery areas, while they don't have it in other aircraft.But overall, the NGX is a great simulation. It's my favourite add-on airplane I have. I just love it and fly it pretty much every day. So I want to congratulate PMDG on this awesome achievement, and I'm hoping to see a similar or perhaps even a better level (if that's possible :() of simulation in the upcoming Dash 8, 777, and 747 (the redo).

There are many users with zero problems,Ctds or the like, so to say that there is a problem with NGX is unfounded. It has to be your PC settings or the like.

What 757?
Please correct me if i'm wrong, but i do believe he refered to that fine little panel screenshot in the 757 thread that can be found in the address mentioned in your signature Whistle.gif

I am already bored with the 737 NGX. My product cycle (attention span) must be 3 months. I need a new plane. But the 737NGX is awesome.
Your attention span is 3 months before you need a new product? Then you're not a pilot ...Devil.gif

Dave P. Woycek

The review is written by one of the beta testers
I personally also think that the PMDG NGX in MY EYES is the best add on to FS I have ever seen.BUTif this is right that one of the beta testers has written the review This should be someone very independant of PMDG and beta testers aren't really objective.Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

1. The 737's engines have a certain N1 point, where they start to spool up really fast. In the real 737, after about 35% N1, the engines start to spool up really quickly, while in the NGX, the engines start to spool up really quickly after about 50%. Perhaps this is a limitation of FSX, but I have seen it in many 737 videos, with the camera on the EICAS. If someone can provide me a real good 737 take off in HD, where you can easily see the EICAS up close, I'll make a video comparison with the NGX, you will see that the engines spool up differently.
We matched the spooling to numerous videos of the real thing taken by our tech team members - the engines "bite" and accelerate around 45-50% in almost all cases and it is quite slow up until that point. The exact value where it happens can vary slightly with the temperature/air density in real life - FSX doesn't let us do that, but the vast majority of the time it is actually where we have it in the simulation. We spent an inordinate amount of time getting this right - tests were run in the real aircraft.
2. In the real 737, you can create your own waypoints, for example at for a visual approach.
You can do this in the NGX... Line select the runway on the LEGS page and then add the bearing and distance to it, line select it back in and it makes the waypoint.
3. I heard another 737 pilot say about the NGX, that there was something wrong with hydraulics. I'm not sure, but I thought he said that the hydraulic pressure was a little too low or something.
Haven't heard anything like this out of the experts on our team... forum hearsay isn't something we're going to change things based off of.
4. There should be no roar sound of the engines at high altitudes.
We cannot change the engine sound response in different phases of flight, the FSX sound engine doesn't have that capability. It's N1 value = a certain sound, that's it. We try to mask the engines with the wind noise at higher speeds (altitude has nothing to do with it) - which is what's really happening in a real plane where the engines get drowned out.
This is what should be improved in terms of stability and compatibility with the NGX. Although a lot has already been fixed since SP1, there are still some problems I'm having.1. I am sometimes having a CTD when using IVAP and the NGX, while I'm not having this with other aircraft. The NGX should be more compatible with IVAP.2. Although I'm not really suffering from CTD's (apart from IVAP), there are still some people complaining that they have CTD's around certain scenery areas, while they don't have it in other aircraft.
First off, just because you personally are having issues doesn't mean that it's actually the NGX's fault - 99% of the stuff we get at support now post-SP1 is Windows or FSX corruption, unstable overclocks, exhaustion of address space/OOM situations etc.IVAP - we do not make that piece of software, there's no possible way we can guarantee compatibility with everything that is out there. I am not convinced there even is an incompatibility in the first place - a good friend of mine flies on IVAO almost every day and told me he's never had a problem with the NGX and IVAP.CTDs in certain scenery areas - likely the address space/OOM thing mentioned above. The NGX uses a lot of resources - there is no way around that, we're doing base level systems simulation that essentially no one else does, that takes memory and CPU to do. Again this boils down to not being able to guarantee compatibility with every single other addon out there in every possible situation on every possible system. No software can do that. We're dealing with a sim that's over 6 years old from the time we first got access to it now too... it wasn't designed for how far today's addons are pushing it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Haven't heard anything like this out of the experts on our team... forum hearsay isn't something we're going to change things based off of.
He's talking about the electric hydraulic pumps not producing 3000psi, which they should according to RW 737 pilot Circletoland. See the video here:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/353914-new-video-50min-ngx-700-real-procedures-in-corfux/

Yeah... They should produce 3000psi it seems.And he is certainly referring to THIS video for "custom wpts"...http://www.youtube.c...u/4/cydtSlBEJtcAnd yes, there are some stuff seen in this video that can't be done in the NGX. Not a biggie in my opinion. But that's just me.Nevertheless, the NGX is an AMAZING sim...And let's not forget that they're still some updates coming...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO