Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Flight vs Aerofly FS

I'd be ok with auto mixture in exchange for stunning visuals and high fps if the throttle and flight physics are realistic. Hopefully, Switzerland is just the base and there will be add-on regions over time. Anyone have an update on a U.S. version or are people just planning to get the German one?

what im i looking at here? Is this the flightsim Aerosoft was talking about?

Will FLIGHT Hawaii only be better than this in scenery and visuals.?http://www.aeroflyfs...s/features.html04.png
I can't wait for flight to come out the sound of backup alrams in here will be deafening

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Planes are unripe but the scenery looks great.As things stand, shame on Flight and welcome FS From Ikarus.Just take a look at those videos in 720, stunning.

It's mostly flat photoreal textures.

It's mostly flat photoreal textures.
Mountains are reproduced well in 3D. Also photoreal textures looks cool to me. Shadows are well modeled and clouds too.This is really promising, do you perhaps know when it will be released ?

Mountains are reproduced well in 3D. Also photoreal textures looks cool to me. Shadows are well modeled and clouds too.This is really promising, do you perhaps know when it will be released ?
Agree...the scenery from the videos looks better than anything on the market today that I have seen except perhaps for some combat sims like ROF or Wings of Prey. Wish there was full weather and seasons, but the FAQ says that they will respond to the community and make adjustments over time. It also sounds like they will be opening it up to third party developers.

There are lot of differences between the video and Aerofly FS.First, the FPS of FSX in the real conditions, not in a promotional video. Everybody knows what I mean when we speak about FPS in FSX. To run FSX properly you need a web farm full of modern rack full of clustered modern PCs. Then you need to load a bunch of FSX addons as everybody has, .....the game is over before commencing.Second, despite in the Video FSX looks fine there is pretty much a single or few mountains detailed while in Aerofly FS there is a whole country well modeled.

To answer I question I raised yesterday, the Aerofly FS forum states that the release DVD will include English and German versions, so there is no separate release date for English.

To answer I question I raised yesterday, the Aerofly FS forum states that the release DVD will include English and German versions, so there is no separate release date for English.
When the release is supposed to happen ?

There are lot of differences between the video and Aerofly FS.First, the FPS of FSX in the real conditions, not in a promotional video. Everybody knows what I mean when we speak about FPS in FSX. To run FSX properly you need a web farm full of modern rack full of clustered modern PCs. Then you need to load a bunch of FSX addons as everybody has, .....the game is over before commencing.Second, despite in the Video FSX looks fine there is pretty much a single or few mountains detailed while in Aerofly FS there is a whole country well modeled.
HelloNo, that Video shows Switzerland Pro, which is photoreal scenery and 10mtr mesh for the whole of switzerland exactly the same as the photo textures in aerofly.Only difference is Flylogic have added autogen on top.Same textures used though, zero diffence, buy it at simmarketI get glass smooth performance in FSX with this i5 2500K, cannot think where you get the idea you need a cluster of machines to run it.

"aerofly FS will be available around 16th of December 2011." "Its supplied with english and german language, so you can choose during installation what language you want to use. You can also switch later from inside the program."http://forum.avsim.n...fs/page__st__25

I have Switzerland Pro and while it looks the same as Aerofly, I would get no autogen and only blurry textures in less than 30 seconds, If I fly at the speed shown in the Aerofly video (flight to Lausanne). Therefore I think this really is an improvement over FSX.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.