Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Starliner sneek peak

Hi Guys ok 4 more hours into the star on nose sorry no deal the way the model is unwrapped you can not get the straight lines of the star tried and tried but you end up with arcs no way around it and with great regret this is a must piece of this aircraft without it why would anyone want it so I give up wish I attacked this before I put many hours into this live and learn this is a limitation I have found out the hard way anyway thanks for all the support really appreciate and very sorry this did not work out as in having a chrome capability placing a star on this nose is impossible.RegardsAttached is pic of the issues

Rich Sennett

Well, don't worry about it - at least you tried mate. Thanks anyway. Maybe there's a painter out there willing to give you a hand - we can always hope. :(

Hi Tom I dont think anyone will acheive this it will not map down correctly but Dennis that may not be a bad idea buddy considering the work I put into it, I I think I should do that and just call it not 100% accurate better than nothing I guess hmm thanks Dennis.

Rich Sennett

Rich- have you submitted a ticket to PMDg on this issue?Edit- sorry for the underlining.

Peter Osborn

No ticket necessary the model would have to be unwrapped in a different way and that would take months so I will finish it with Dennis suggestion, thanks.

Rich Sennett

Go for it Rich. How about a little inspiration...371BC touching down at McMurdo Pegasus Ice Runway in the Antartic (Aerosoft's Antartic X):2011-12-29_17-50-42-628.jpg

Just paint a large black or white or silver nose cone. It'll look good. The rest of the plane is phenomenal. Ship it!
+1Not the first NGX repaint that came with a different nose, i remember a Lufthansa Paint, with a Football on the nose, the painter cant handle it, and it came without the Ball, but the plane still look great...Uhh I remember a few weeks ago with a Santaclaus on the nose (like the plane crash him) -looks very funny, maybe the painter know what to doThe paint call: Aegean Seagull Boeing 737-700 NGX "santa claus" http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=pmdg+737+ngx+&CatID=root&Sort=Added&ScanMode=0&Page=5

No ticket necessary the model would have to be unwrapped in a different way and that would take months so I will finish it with Dennis suggestion, thanks.
- and thats fine, I was thinking by submitiing a ticket PMDg will fix issue in an upcoming SP, even if they have to unwrap the darn thing.

Peter Osborn

Another beauty Pete as always great stuff as for santa on nose thats a lot of area colored no problem but when doing fine lines forget anyway got something together now so I will get back to it post shot later on. From what I have heard first hand it would be 6 months of work and I would not expect them to do that for one paint thats for sure.

Rich Sennett

Rich, bring it down,, you put too much work into it, let us have it and will all be happy, you did a great job with the tools that you have not much else you can say, put it on avism and you will see a lot a lot of download of your work on this one.So with that said when can you submit it to avism ?

We Don't need no Stinking Star ;-) That is a Fabulous Livery and it's not your fault it won't line up. Don't let all that Work go to waste.

Small update after 12 hours of working at it not ready so close but anyway, a pmdg kind Sir has offered to help me after the 1st so hang in there please, thank you all.

Rich Sennett