Sign in to follow this  
Nate York

FS9 Around the world maps/flights?

Hey guys,thinking about giving the ol round the world trip a try! But im looking for threads with some screenies or other threads that ppl have posted with there rtw flights.. found a few but still looking to see what other plans there are.. any advice? any good links to other ppls journeys? well thanks in advance.. hope to try it out soon,laterz

Here's Rafal's epic iFly trip. Still unfinished, but hopefully he'll find time one day.http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=2936&title=ifly-world-tour-2011

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

aww awesome thanks man.. :) trying to take a look at afew diff ones maybe make a few of my own / or mix a few trips up from diff tours:)

I've actually just started a world tour. This will be my general route:Just to vaguely map out, with words, what I plan to do - I just started in Darrington, Washington, USA, and plan on going South all the way down to the tip of South America, then back up the eastern coasts of the Americas, then crossing into Europe via Greenland and Iceland. Then western Russia, down south to the Middle East, east through south and SE Asia, then Australia, then back up through Japan, NE Russia, then from there into Alaska and finally back to Washington state.That's just my general plan for now. Hopefully it'll give you some ideas.BTW, just some shameless self-promotion: I've already flown the first flight. I plan on catalogging the whole thing on youtube (youtube.com/mikezuluhotel You can see the first one already).

hopefully he'll find time one day
Oh, man, you've made me ashamed, really... blush.pngIt's been so long now since I got stuck in Singapore.But now that I have my fresh new rig, good enough to run my FS9 exactly the way I like it, ...why not?IFly is still the overall king of FS for me (you, English, would say 'the queen', right?), so I may continue.The only thing I miss more and more often is enough spare time.So, hopefully, see you in Cambodia and Vietnam.Salute_Smiley_Standard.gif

Hi.Two years and a few months on since I left the UK, I've finally reached the Falkland Islands.The rout so far has taken in France, Spain, North Africa, Cape Verde Islands, Fernando de Noronha, lots of Brazil. I got stuck in Brazil for 18 months because of a mistake I made... Since then I've had a look at Uruguay, Argentina and the Falklands, all in the last eight weeks.I spent a long time wallowing in Brazil due to foolishly planning to visit all the addon airports I could find, and getting very bored with the whole idea. Brazil wasn't very inspiring. Of approximately 60 airports only a handful had commercial AI flights.Some suggestions:1. Once you've decided on a potential route, stick to interesting airports (my preference is for good scenery and lots of AI heavies).2. Don't be disheartened by the time it takes, but don't cut corners either. Making the whole trip in five or six legs with a large passenger jet on autopilot while you sleep is not very satisfying. If you give up for a while, what does it matter? The flight is still there for you to continue when you feel like it again.3. I have a sort of half-plan to learn a new plane with every new country visited but am not rigourous about my rules...4. Download good quality airports and other scenery for each country you visit, as you get to the border.5. If you use an AI package like Ultimate Traffic you'll find a lot of airlines have generic paint-schemes. Upgrade those too as you go along. Good AI really brings an airport to life, otherwise the whole world is like a glorified ghost-town.6. A vague plan helps. Get a cheap map of the world and rough-out a possible route with a pencil.Regards,D

Oh, man, you've made me ashamed, really... blush.pngIt's been so long now since I got stuck in Singapore.But now that I have my fresh new rig, good enough to run my FS9 exactly the way I like it, ...why not?IFly is still the overall king of FS for me (you, English, would say 'the queen', right?), so I may continue.The only thing I miss more and more often is enough spare time.So, hopefully, see you in Cambodia and Vietnam.Salute_Smiley_Standard.gif
lol.I just checked out your world tour what a nice set of screenies,maybe if ya finish it i could give it a whack...and dave thanks, ill keep that in mind. Also starting to put a few routes into place .im giving it a good planning

and what plane did you decide to use??
Carenado Skymaster - Yeah, I plan to do most of this with GA aircraft in FSX, but if I fly an airliner into/out of a major airport I'll use FS9 (Unless I can make a hardware upgrade in due time!)

Amelia Earharts route. I have done it in a King Air 350 and a CJetX. May learn some history also.http://www.nauticalc...rt_mem_flt.html
Heh, heh... Hopefully you'll have a bit better outcome than Fred & Amelia did :( . I actually started that one myself using the Lockheed Electra outfitted with the bubble sextant. I made it to Paramaribo (SMZO) so far, but haven't flown a flight on this route in months. I plan to finish and see if I can do the Lae > Howland leg successfully with the bubble sextant, but I've now moved to FSX so I'm waiting for this Lockheed Electra to be finished and released, at which point I plan to rig it with the bubble sextant and finish the rtw adventure in FSX.Jim

Don't be ashamed, I know you're a busy man and, hey, there are worse places to be stuck in than Singapore. Radom springs to mind ;-) King or Queen of FS? Whatever you fancy is fine. While ships and planes tend to be feminine, I'm assuming comp progs are masculine - not that I've given it much thought or, indeed, have ever had to. Though I'll wind up my IT students on Monday with it - bardzo dziekuje cie za to Devil.gif

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I've started a somewhat of a round the world trek myself. I started from Sangster International (MKJS) in Montego Bay, Jamaica with a PMDG MD11. I flew up the Eastern Seaboard up to Greenland, across to Iceland, Ireland, UK, and so on. I did a circuitous route around Europe before flying south to Algiers. I switched to the Dreamfleet 727 where I'm now tackling Africa on an anticlockwise route. Middle East is next with another aircraft, Asia with another, and so on. Each hop lasts no longer than 1.5hrs and is done with real world weather and time. It's gonna take months for sure!