Sign in to follow this  
Mean Aerodynamic Chord

New Computer + NGX = ?

I think Home Premium would be better for me.LOL! a 6950 would NOT fit into a HAF912...
Of course it would fit. Any GPU will fit in a HAF 912. But go with nVidia for FSX.a GTX 460a 2500Kand a better PSU:Corsair CX600 600W orAntec HCG620 620WBoth those PSU's are actually MORE poweful than that "750W" Coolmax spite of wwhat the sticker reads

Of course it would fit. Any GPU will fit in a HAF 912. But go with nVidia for FSX.a GTX 460a 2500Kand a better PSU:Corsair CX600 600W orAntec HCG620 620WBoth those PSU's are actually MORE poweful than that "750W" Coolmax spite of wwhat the sticker reads
I got recommended this by a Newegg employee, OCZ 750W http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817341049. This is what my cart looks like now:

Is a 750 watt more than enough or should I go with Dario's recommendations? I mean, the cheaper the better. I don't want a modular one.

Why dont you want a modular psu? It's great for minimizing excess cables & improving air circulation.

Why dont you want a modular psu? It's great for minimizing excess cables & improving air circulation.
Yes. But with the HAF case this shouldn't be too much of an issue regardless of which PSU he gets if the cables are managed correctly.Speaking of the case: I know the HAF is on sell, but don't you feel it looks a bit cheap? Aesthetics are important to me, though. The best looking and most functional "cheap" cases are the Cooler Masters around the $90-$100 mark, imo. Also, I'd suggest a few case fans to keep things circulating (much more important than people give credit to). Maybe a few Gentle Typhoons?Anyway, that build should do it! It'll be a nice upgrade, but personally I'd consider holding off for the release of Ivy Bridge.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I got recommended this by a Newegg employee, OCZ 750W http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817341049. I don't want modular one.
Worse than those I linked
2600k and this is the GFX I was looking at: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814130625 EVGA GTX550ti
The 550Ti is not a great card. 2600K = 2500K in FSX, so you save 100$ there to get a better GPU lile a 560Ti to run 8xSQ AAGTX460>550Ti too

Yes. But with the HAF case this shouldn't be too much of an issue regardless if the cables are managed correctly.Speaking of the case: I know the HAF is on sell, but don't you feel it looks a bit cheap? Aesthetics are important to me, though.
No. HAF seems pretty high quality. There is a video there on the exact same Newegg page of a review of it. The feedback reviews are also positive.

No. HAF seems pretty high quality. There is a video there on the exact same Newegg page of a review of it. The feedback reviews are also positive.
As long as you're happy with it. Personal taste! I edited the above post, check it out Diego.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Is a 750 watt more than enough or should I go with Dario's recommendations? I mean, the cheaper the better. I don't want a modular one.
I typically agree with Dario except for one point (and it's always this one point); The OCZ PSUs are decent. The Corsairs are great, great PSUs. The OCZs are great cheap PSUs. 650W-750W is plenty btw.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I typically agree with Dario except for one point (and it's always this one point); The OCZ PSUs are decent. The Corsairs are great, great PSUs. The OCZs are great cheap PSUs. 650W-750W is plenty btw.
I really like the Corsair Darco mentioned. One of the guys on the reviews mentioned it ran a 6850 OVERCLOCKED with no problems.Next up, video card. I got everything on my list except that.

It's Corey who doesn't like OCZ at all. I also think they're ok.... Ken :( Kidding Zach smile.pngBut that OCZ 750W costs more. I'd rather pick a quality 600W than a decent 750W and save some money in the process

It's Corey who doesn't like OCZ at all. I also think they're ok.... Ken tongue.png Kidding Zach smile.pngBut that OCZ 750W costs more. I'd rather pick a quality 600W than a decent 750W and save some money in the process
Isn't 600Watts more than enough for a 2600?

Worse than those I linkedThe 550Ti is not a great card. 2600K = 2500K in FSX, so you save 100$ there to get a better GPU lile a 560Ti to run 8xSQ AAGTX460>550Ti too
You should really listen to this guy right here.If it's anyone who knows his stuff it's this guy (;

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

It's Corey who doesn't like OCZ at all. I also think they're ok.... Ken tongue.png Kidding Zach smile.pngBut that OCZ 750W costs more. I'd rather pick a quality 600W than a decent 750W and save some money in the process
Lol. And yes, now that I think about it, Corey is the naysayer.
Isn't 600Watts more than enough for a 2600?
Yup.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules