Sign in to follow this  
out

Cracow EPKK anyone?

Great idea, Ian! Get the PAvol.1. With the discount it is just mere 7 dollars for one top quality airport.And it includes Katowice EPKT and Gdansk EPGD (plus Rzeszow EPRZ) - two important international ports.And... sorry for being late. :( I did think about you setting this thread (like: I hope Ian did not press the purchase button yet!)
Thanks mate. I just missed the bus - after procrastinating since before Christmas I finally went for it hours before the sale. :Nerd:No problem though, it's still a great scenery at a fair price. I will check out PA Vol1. It seems I'm going to be spending a lot of time in your great country!ps. If anyone is interested, I've thrown together a Polish Air Force AI package to populate the military ramp at EPKK. It will give you some Casa CN295 and C130E traffic. And you can always tweak the new MAIW Polish Mig29 package to have more visitors of the might Fulcrum if you want.

FolksOn the subject of EPKK, a lot of flights (probally because of the easterly wind) are landing on runway 07. I cannot find any final approach charts (unlike runway 25) that will help me land. Any pointers please ?Tristan

If you register at AIP Poland (it is free), you will be able to get all current and official charts: http://ais.pata.pl/aip/Just go to AD / AD2 / EPKK folder. You will need the 6-3-5 document which presents the NDB approach for 07.Only rwy 25 is equipped with the ILS.

Thanks Rafal.Your help did not come a moment too soon. I just finished a great flight from LROP to EPKK and again was asked to land on 07 in zero visibility !!! I have the ILS charts btw.Yours (shaken but not stirred)Tristan

was asked to land on 07 in zero visibility
That's the thrill of aviation. Two days ago I was landing my A320 at Heathrow at night with not zero but still very low visibility and moderate snow.However the LHR CAT II ILS let me comfortably disconnect my AP just a few seconds prior to touchdown.
shaken but not stirred
Something tells me your flight number was 007...

That's the thrill of aviation. Two days ago I was landing my A320 at Heathrow at night with not zero but still very low visibility and moderate snow.However the LHR CAT II ILS let me comfortably disconnect my AP just a few seconds prior to touchdown.Something tells me your flight number was 007...
Rafal, did you see a United 777 coming in behind you in the snow b/c that would have been me in that same low vis if you were coming into 9L...I think I disconnected A/P at ~300 feet :) Was great fun! no flying right now, in the process of building a custom housing for my throttle quadrant so defragging the FS system as I build. The end goal was to rotate the throttle angle by about 45 degrees to put them more into the natural position of a heavy jet going forward-backward opposed to the default movement which was more of an up/down if that makes sense...Here is my WIP. :( :(http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__2256673 Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

did you see a United 777 coming in behind you in the snow b/c that would have been me in that same low vis if you were coming into 9L
Yes, I was approaching 09L and could hardly see the threshold, but there was a United heavy behind me, so now everything is clear! blum.gifBy the way a nice WIP of yours. thumbsup2.gif I have been using a well-reorganised CHTQ for years and I also made a special mounting for it:CHTQ.jpgCurrently I am saving money to buid an A320 home simulator.Back to EPKK though...I haven't tried it with AES yet, so time to revisit my student city.

Thanks Rafal.Your help did not come a moment too soon. I just finished a great flight from LROP to EPKK and again was asked to land on 07 in zero visibility !!! I have the ILS charts btw.Yours (shaken but not stirred)Tristan
You did a zero visibility approach to a non-precision runway??? Tristan - you hot dog! LOL Just as well there's no virtual check captains on here or you'd be flying the default 172 for the next ten years! :LMAO:BTW Rafal - I did buy the Polish Airports Vol1 on sale and am very pleased with it. Like EPKK I did some tweaking of the parking positions to adjust for the static aircraft and to add some GA parking so there wouldn't be any light aircraft at the gates. Other than that they are excellent products and I will be spending a lot of time with LOT for the next few weeks. (yes I know, that was a terrible pun but what can you expect from a Kiwi on a dull Saturday night)

You did a zero visibility approach to a non-precision runway? Tristan - you hot dog!
Exactly my thoughts. I would feel uncomfortable even on an automatic CATII landing in such conditions.No doubts Tristan is the King Kong of precision flying. Big%20Grin.gifIan, I'm glad you like PA vol.1. I do hope Oliver makes EPKT (and EPRZ) AESed one day. I have already requested twice...Maybe some of you guys could make more requests and Oli will do it just to have some rest from us (hint, hint). :wink:Last night I had a 50 minute flight from Cracow to Gdansk*.Great scenery with AES on both ends, had a lot of fun.* I recommend installing the great freeware Gdansk city addon.http://dfs2.flightsim.com/kdlr.php?fn=gdanskv3.zipThe approach to rwy 29 is then very spectacular:gdansk.jpg

This isn't really fair chaps. I'm in England and my sim's in Poland. I did though get to enjoy my first real flight on one of LOT's EMB195s.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

This isn't really fair chaps. I'm in England and my sim's in Poland
:(
my first real flight on one of LOT's EMB195s
What was it like, Gavin?As for Embraers I have flown only ERJ-145 (KTW->WAW) in RW so far.It was quite claustrophobic (though rather empty), but generally nice and interesting.

:Devil:What was it like, Gavin?As for Embraers I have flown only ERJ-145 (KTW->WAW) in RW so far.It was quite claustrophobic (though rather empty), but generally nice and interesting.
I find the 170/190s to be very comfortable aircraft. As opposed to the horribly cramped SAS CRJ900 we flew to Copenhagen and back from Warsaw. Unfortunately I've never flown on the little 145 :-(

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Exactly my thoughts. I would feel uncomfortable even on an automatic CATII landing in such conditions.No doubts Tristan is the King Kong of precision flying. Big%20Grin.gifIan, I'm glad you like PA vol.1. I do hope Oliver makes EPKT (and EPRZ) AESed one day. I have already requested twice...Maybe some of you guys could make more requests and Oli will do it just to have some rest from us (hint, hint). :wink:Last night I had a 50 minute flight from Cracow to Gdansk*.Great scenery with AES on both ends, had a lot of fun.* I recommend installing the great freeware Gdansk city addon.http://dfs2.flightsi...fn=gdanskv3.zipThe approach to rwy 29 is then very spectacular:gdansk.jpg
WOW! I just downloaded it and will install ASAP. I also got the Gdansk photoscenery from VFR Poland so this is going to be a great destination from now on

You did a zero visibility approach to a non-precision runway??? Tristan - you hot dog! LOL Just as well there's no virtual check captains on here or you'd be flying the default 172 for the next ten years! :(
Looking at the charts I programmed in the centre fix for runway 07 and then noticed by adding KRW on the FMGS would give me a perfect latitude line running along the runway and from there it was reasonabily straight forward. I am sure in the real world that would be a sackable offence, but it did work. :Big Grin:Its great to see that we share a similar outlook to Flightsim, I have compiled some great military AI for Krakow and have also added other such airlines that use the airport. I am now thinking that LOT could do with bit of an upgrade, which is what I am working on now. Find a great scenery, and then fill it up with AI and BlisssssssssTristan

I hope a slightly off-topic comment would be OK, as I feed my face with waffles?There was and will be a lot of postings about new releases of the game or genre. FSX saw a lot of displeasure and Flight has started that displeasure again. I'm a proponent of people using what they have and enjoying it to it's maximum capabilities. So I've enjoyed reading the five pages of comments and seeing the pictures of the work done by DD.That's it from me. For now, at least.