Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

SDK?

Am I the only one that feels Gerald is overdoing the advertising?

Personally I love MCE and Gerald has always come thru with new features fast. I think his product doesn't get enough attention.

Am I the only one that feels Gerald is overdoing the advertising?
No. As I understand it, MCE is a good product. However, despite decades (realize I'm 28, so decades means I've been flying MSFS in some form...forever) of experience, it is not clear how his product interacts. In particular, I don't understand how in depth his products interact with add on aircraft. Do they only control heading, altitude and airspeed? Do I get some advanced AFDS functions? Do I get all of them? FS2Crew has had fantastic support and I am a very loyal customer because of this support. I do hope the SDK is released (opposed to rumors that PMDG has no incentive to release this) for FS2Crew. Regardless of my feelings, MCE has been very intrusive in to forums and adverstises there product at every corner. Yet they don't provide clear examples of their product. It is full of statements that they have conquered voice control, works seamlessly with products, etc/ However, I'm beginning ot find their post adverstising their products intrusive and combative to competitors (i.e. FS2Crew) without basis. Eric Szczesniak

Eric Szczesniak

IMHO MCE is not a program that represents a true multicrew environment. As far as I can see, MCE is nothing more than a voice keyboard mapper for the NGX or other FSX addons. In an actual multi crew environment, bossing your PM around is a tiny part of the entire picture. Atleast FS2Crew has some sorta two way flight crew interaction based on aircraft specific flows and checklist. I personally don't mind him advertising, but I don't like him implying that this is a "MulticrewExperience" as it is definately not that.It's been a while since I have used FS2Crew for the J41, but as I remember, the FO will not only take your commands, but also run his own flows and challenge you on your own flows/responsabilities. If you want a simple voice mapper that looks like it works darn well, then get MCE, if you want a well done partial representation of a multicrew environment with a virtual FO, then get FS2Crew and if you want a full simulation of a MultiCrew Environment, then your gonna have to keep your fingers crossed and wait for PMDG to make the NGX work in shared cockpit or hope that after the SDK is released that someone can code something together to make a third party solution to the NGX with a shared cockpit.JB

Steve, it's not you who must decide whether a post is to be closed or not! And it's not you who must decide if one should wait or not and it's not you who must teach to wait! If you don't agree with what is written here, just don't read this thread!

James Goggi

Steve, it's not you who must decide whether a post is to be closed or not! And it's not you who must decide if one should wait or not and it's not you who must teach to wait! If you don't agree with what is written here, just don't read this thread!
You right its not steve, but this has been dealt with by pmdg already, they already explained the delay and if people cant understand the delay than they havnt got any patience at all. Maybe they the ones who should be doing some thing else other than posting where is the sdk

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

i wish people would stop telling other people what they "should" be doing with their timeare you all life coaches in your spare time or something?

Hi Gents,this is not the way of discussion I liked to initiated with my simple request for the FSUIPC offset list.Yes for sure we all can wait for an SDK and then continue with a discussion about the pro and contras of this SDK.But I guess the advantage of a forum should be to share experience and know how.So why waiting for something coming sooner or later if some of us have already found out how it works?May be I am to naive but I thought I can fix my issue to control my Leo Bodnar board, that controls myautobrake knob, similar to what I did with the FSX idle B737.I saw that Steve Munn found a way for the GoFlight MCP Pro/EFIS - that runs very well on my setup,and I got also a hint that routed me to some ideas using Opencockpit stuff via SIOC.All runs via LUA scripts. So if there is no other way than writing a LUA script,to translate the PMDG shortkeys "autobrake dec/inc" into positions that are providedby a 45° knob and Leo Bodnar board, then I need to learn how to programm a LUA script.I would appreciate if I can get this info and then it may be better to ask Steve M. for help toprogramm a LUA for other knobs and buttons additional to the MCP/EFIS.But if someone has any further idea how to make it happen, this would help probably not only me.Therefore I guess any hint that share experience is more meaningful than telling people to waitor that they need to improve patience --- or ask PMDG to close a topic that might be interesting.If this is the wrong place to ask my question, please tell me and give me hint about a better forum.Thanks and have a Good X-Mas Flight!Dietmar

For all of you who do NOT want to wait for the SDK:I found the solution for my problem by using LINDA.I traced the LVars for the autobrake, N1 and SPD REF knob,modified a bit the LUA for the PMDG NGX and now I can controlthe knobs via the Leo Bodnars' BU0836X I/O board.... looks like there is no reason to push PMDG for an SDK, will improve my patience and look for alternatives in between...Thanks to Steve M. who pointed me in the right direction and not told me "Please wait"enjoy flying

For all of you who do NOT want to wait for the SDK:I found the solution for my problem by using LINDA.I traced the LVars for the autobrake, N1 and SPD REF knob,modified a bit the LUA for the PMDG NGX and now I can controlthe knobs via the Leo Bodnars' BU0836X I/O board.... looks like there is no reason to push PMDG for an SDK, will improve my patience and look for alternatives in between...Thanks to Steve M. who pointed me in the right direction and not told me "Please wait"enjoy flying
Thanks mate but I am under the impression that the vast majority here wants the SDK to allow FS2Crew to run over NGX few weeks later the SDK release.

Check all the locked SDK topics, the most recent locked SDK topic states why there are delays.......legal red tape pure and simple. If you want a more detailed answer than that well tough, it is what it is and venting frustration or expecting more here isn't going to speed up the legal process. I could say magic gremlins are keeping the SDK hostage and people will still be on here expecting an answer. Give it a rest cause we all know where these SDK threads end up....Locked. I'm an FS2Crew user too, but something the military tought me.......... sometimes its better to just bite your toungue, wait and be patient. Because its all you can do.Tailwinds,

I am pretty sue it is in PMDG's business to have SDK as soon as possible. Hardware drivers, FS2Crew which holds the 737NG sales a bit....I try to believe they do whatever is needed to sort it out quick.

I think that's a very valid point.... I suspect there may in fact be a number of people who have put off purchasing the NGX until the SDK is out and there are drivers available for the various hardware configurations that they may have or software that they wish to use in conjunction with the NGX. I do believe it is in PMDG's interest to release the SDK as that certainly would create an opportunity for additional sales. I do find it odd that it has taken this long.... I don't recall this being an issue with other PMDG products.What was it again that Shakespeare said about lawyers??? I don't recall that it was very complimentary...Phil