Sign in to follow this  
KLMMD11

Whos huey?

2 hueys available in the market. The main thing I would like to know is which Huey is the most realistic?-nemeth designs Huey-Aerosoft HueyCheers guys

I don´t own one of them but I´ve heard that Aerosoft´s should be a bit better. That´s just what I remember.

Aerosoft, they have a semi custom flight dynamics module similar to Dodosims approach (not as good though) but it should be better than the Nemeth and the reviews and forum posts I've read on the subject seem to validate that.

Cheers, Andy.

I have the Aerosoft Huey and it's quite good. I'm not that big a rotorhead in FSX, but I like the AS Huey very much! No experience with the Nemeth-one...

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

I've used the Aerosoft Huey and enjoyed it, but there are many who could not use it for what appeared to be a conflict between their controller and the new flight dynamics module. There is a fix (Not sure if it's temporary or permanent), but the fix disables the module and makes the aircraft fly like a default helo. I have this problem with my Saitek X-65F.-Damien

I find the nemeth/Milvis huey much more visually appealing, especially the VC. The nemeth one has military versions also whereas the aerosoft one is a civil version. get both, LOL.I don't find the aerosoft flight characteristics anything to write home about and as pointed out, some have issues with their controllers due to their module.

Actually, if I may make a suggestion: go here and askhttp://www.hovercont...cgi?;act=SF;f=1
not a good idea, with them if it doesn't mimic the dodosim, it's worthless, LOL.

Best, Michael

KDFW

Well... actually they quite liked the (ND) Huey.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

not a good idea, with them if it doesn't mimic the dodosim, it's worthless, LOL.
I haven't found that to be the case at all. It's actually thanks to Hovercontrol that I found my way to the ND Huey and also the Cerasim aircraft - not to mention the X-Plane helos. Unfortunately I haven't been able yet to spend enough time with the Huey and the Ceras to get a feel for them, but that'll change. Doesn't strike me as being a Dodo-only camp.

I haven't found that to be the case at all. It's actually thanks to Hovercontrol that I found my way to the ND Huey and also the Cerasim aircraft - not to mention the X-Plane helos. Unfortunately I haven't been able yet to spend enough time with the Huey and the Ceras to get a feel for them, but that'll change. Doesn't strike me as being a Dodo-only camp.
You are correct it is most certainly not a Dodo only camp.It's a really good Helo site in general and does not just write off certain devs helo's like some other places i know well.Cheers.

Sorry, maybe the fact that everytime a new heli addon is announced, the first thing posted is how does the FDE compare to the Dodosim. I am not knocking the Dodosim, it is a groundbreaking addon, I just think it is very unfair to always compare other addons to it considering what was involved in it's development as opposed to others.Not knocking HC either, been a long time member and have lots of respect for the site and the fact that without them, the FS rotary crowd would be alot smaller than it is today. HC actually gave me the inspiration to model my first helicopter years ago and since then have done quite a few since I fly rotary 80% of the time.

Best, Michael

KDFW

Sorry, Michael, didn't recognize you here - I'm new over there and just learning who the regulars are.Agree that FS rotorheads in general have adopted the Dodo as a benchmark, and it's asking a lot of other developers to some up to that level, especially if they're going to get anything out the door. The airliner crowd can be the same way - if it ain't PMDG or Level D (or maybe the Maddog), they ain't going - which can be unfair to some good lighter offerings like the Quality Wings 757. I've had some good experiences in that when I'm not in a mood to flip every switch.The GA flyers seem to be more tolerant - there are the people who insist on the A2A aircraft or the 4X Katana or the Turbine Duke, and I'm often one of them. But there's equal if not greater support for Carenado, which offers visuals and atmosphere and (at their best) a reasonable flight model, as opposed to every last system. It'd be nice if the helo flyers would be more accepting of that (some are - the Eagle Rotorcraft 206 seems to have gone over well). But in a small community, people are likely to value (and maybe overvalue) the most detailed and most acclaimed.

No problem Alan and you do have a point. We see the bar set higher and higher in each group in our community with each groundbreaking addon. I see Carenado getting the same beat down that the nemeths get for not developing to the new expectations, so you are correct. I guess it just hits home for me more since the heli community is much smaller and any amount of negativity is enough to make new developers think twice about taking that leap of faith into the development spotlight.

Best, Michael

KDFW

If you're into helicopters you have to try the excellent HTR (Helicopter Total Realism) utility by Fred Naar at Hovercontrol, that gives realistic flight dynamics event to the default FSX helicopters (B206, EH-101 etc) and many other payware and freeware ones.I am currently developing HTR profiles for some of the best freeware helos and I have to say that the flight dynamics are good to excellent, depending on the profile quality. Some of them are very close to the Dodo quality.Here is the link to HTR:http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ifolio/imageFolio.cgi?direct=HTR_-_Helicopter_Total_Realism