Sign in to follow this  
VegaSS

My thoughts after purchasing XP10

Guest bstolle

Just downloaded and tried the latest xp10 version plus the Carenado F33....While the F33 is certainly among the best add-ons for x-plane it still has some serious shortcomings concerning even basic flight dynamics...rudder, torque, etc...And even with xp 10 the worlds most impossible glider tow works.....A Stinson L-5 towing a KC-10.....not a problem at all in x-plane 10.

Strange-I find torque during takeoff in the f33 almost perfect-the corrections needed during normal dutch rolling in cruise also really great and something better done than other sims. Where I am let down is a) higher manifold pressures at sea level-never seen more than 27" in a f33 or a Baron :( manifold doesn't lose an inch per 1000 ft.- a huge one imho, does unrealistic climb performance/manifold at higher altitudes and c) in level flight while trimmed seems to want to bank/turn right constantly needing quite a bit of aileron trim/rudder trim to stop-e.g. a badly rigged aircraft.

Guest bstolle
1. Strange-I find torque during takeoff in the f33 almost perfect2. in level flight while trimmed seems to want to bank/turn right constantly needing quite a bit of aileron trim/rudder trim to stop-e.g. a badly rigged aircraft.
1. That's really strange because the torque during the take off run seems to be ok. As soon as the wheels leave the ground you don't need any more rudder input.Even with full power and at minimum speed the ball stays in the middle. Same goes for high speed cruise. 2. Confirmed. It looks like the plane is only in trim during full power cruise. As soon as you reduce power to idle, the right wing drops like if it was stalled. Compared to the unrealistic twitchiness and instability of most other planes in x-plane, this one is a positive surprise, but it's still a far cry away from the FSX F33 (with the updated FDE)

Well at least the plane I had had rudder connect so not much rudder was needed-however I agree-both fs and xplane don't do a good job with the ball-do a chandelle and it is totally wrong in both.I actually like the "handling" much better in xplane than the fsx one which feels to me like a brick in compare and the xplane one to me captures the real feel and fun of the aircraft...and I've never been able to really land very well with a typical bo greaser or precision in fsx-I can in xplane.

Guest bstolle

I thought the rudder interconnect was just to avoid the adverse yaw in turns?With your help the updated FDE for the FSX F33 could have been even better! It's just a matter of real world feedback. What changes would you suggest concerning the FSX F33?

I think the f33 for fsx is about as good as it can get!There are just some aspects of the fm that xplane does better, and worse...For me the feel of flight and the "feel" of the aircraft in xplane-especially landing and takeoff-the "illusion" that I am actually flying one are better-the numbers are off and clearly superior in fsx....

Sorry for my initial sarcastic post. I was thinking here we go again so it caught me on the wrong foot, apologies.

IMHO we should be "going again" - how else will we improve sims and get the best experience for all?

One of the problems I had with xp9 was what I thought the flight dynamics, I'm not a real pilot, so I do not know anything about them, but when I did my first flight with the default aircraft, something just did not feel right. So I started fiddling with the joystick settings until I got it just right, wow what a difference.I think this is one of problems many simmers new to xp9 or xp10 have , if only the spend some time adjusting the joystick settings, I'm sure their first time experience would be totally different.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I did the joystick dance on all prior versions of xplane and never found satisfaction- till I tried the Carenado f33 on xplane 9- so though I think there is tweaking needed I don't think that is the problem.

1. That's really strange because the torque during the take off run seems to be ok. As soon as the wheels leave the ground you don't need any more rudder input.Even with full power and at minimum speed the ball stays in the middle. Same goes for high speed cruise. 2. Confirmed. It looks like the plane is only in trim during full power cruise. As soon as you reduce power to idle, the right wing drops like if it was stalled. Compared to the unrealistic twitchiness and instability of most other planes in x-plane, this one is a positive surprise, but it's still a far cry away from the FSX F33 (with the updated FDE)
There some bugs with Carenado ADD-ONS. They are not officially XPX compatible. I ask Carenado if there is going to be a free update, and they said it depends on how much work is involved.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I think Anyone who has X-Plane10 and wants the most from it needs to spend some time with the Joystick Null Zones.They make a H-U-G-E Amount of difference how aircraft behave in the sim.Before I tweaked mine Aircraft(anyone of them) felt over responsive and twitchy.I've never flown a Plane in real life but I'm getting a great immersive experience with this Sim.I think The Sim along with ourselves are going through our initial Growing Pains

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I have an airport in Las Vegas in the sim, that dosn't acually exist in real life, c'mon.
Out of curiousity, what is the identifier of the airport in XP10, and where is it positioned in relation to McCarran and Nellis? I'm interested to see if it's an old airport which has since closed, or perhaps a brand-spankin' new one which got built up. (or perhaps a private strip).Every flight simulator needs to have a cut-off time for their aeronautical data, and there are week-to-week changes with this data which get frozen in time. As soon as this freeze takes place, it could be said that every flight simulator becomes obsolete. It could be that the airport in question closed up shop a day after XP10's freeze took place... it could be that an intrepid XP user added in the airstrip for some reason... I'm more forgiving with these types of data errors than I am with some other situations in XP10, but I'm curious nonetheless.Can you shoot over the coordinates and identifier? I'd like to take a peek!(*not an XP10 owner, so I can't fly there)-Greg

I think Anyone who has X-Plane10 and wants the most from it needs to spend some time with the Joystick Null Zones.They make a H-U-G-E Amount of difference how aircraft behave in the sim.Before I tweaked mine Aircraft(anyone of them) felt over responsive and twitchy.I've never flown a Plane in real life but I'm getting a great immersive experience with this Sim.I think The Sim along with ourselves are going through our initial Growing Pains
+1 it worked for me with a couple of other settings. But since we both never flown a real airplane, it may be totally different feel for a Real Pro Pilots like Geofa, so it just comes down to personal satisfaction.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo