Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

Hat switch settings - Someone please share!

Hello Team!After much tinkering, I still can't get my hat switch to operate as it should. I can get the forward, back, left, and right views programmed but I have not been able to program the quarter views yet. I'd like to respectfully request that if there's a good soul out there that has been succesful at programming their hat switch to operate as it should, please share your assignments/settings.Thanks a million!Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Are you in 3d command view ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

In 3D command view you can simply pan around in the 3D cockpit: Set hat switch to " (fast) rotate up /down" and "(fast) pan left / right". If you set up another button to 3D command view you can return to forward view quickly.Try that.

I am following the steps but find X-Plane is not remembering left vs right hatswitch setting - its very odd and could be a bug. I set fast up / down in Buttons Advanced ... General ... but in 3D command the hat switch is messed up - go back into settings and right is assigned to Left ... !

It caught me off guard at first but you need to press the button (on your joystick) you want to assign, then click the associated radio button (ie click the command).What you might be doing is clicking the function then clicking the button on your joystick. It will be bassackwards... lol I still think it's more intuitive to select the function you want to assign, then click the joystick button to complete the assignment, but hey.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It´s also necessary that you HOLD the joystick-button while you assign a command to it.Afterwards you can check the assignment by pressing the button: The selected command should be highlighted / flash then.Takes a while to get into this and imho it´s not the smartest way for button assignment - but usually it works.Don´t give in!

It´s also necessary that you HOLD the joystick-button while you assign a command to it.
No its not, the last button to be pressed AND released is the button that with have the function assigned to it.The biggest oversight in XP10 even after all these versions is that you cannot assign a different command to the release of the button. I have panels with lots of latching switches on them and you need to be able to assign one command when the switch is pressed (example gear up) and another when the switch is released (example gear down) to make them even remotely useful, otherwise you have to turn the switch on and off twice to a toggle function.

Cheers, Andy.

Agh,,, will revisit that are of the sim in early 2012 .... ;)Good to see updates and bugfixes rolling out every week or so... wish all X-Plane Team & frequent flyers Happy Holidays & New Year ....