Sign in to follow this  
Mean Aerodynamic Chord

Track IR 5 Folks....

Been using TIR for various flight sims ever since the first version. To me, it's as necessary to a proper sim rig as a yoke or joystick. Without it, I probably wouldn't sim anymore. There is just something wrong with not being able to turn your head and naturally pan inside a VC. If your gonna spend 150 for the TIR, you mind as well get the proclip too.All of true great addon aircraft benefit from the use of TIR, but it's the aerobatic, bush, and tactical aircraft where you will see the magic of TIR. Not to mention, if your gonna sim whirlybirds, then it's a must.JBSent from my iPhone using TapatalkJB

NvmGuys, I just bought Track IR 5 + the Pro Clip on their website.... :( I can't wait for it to arrive. There was also a sale, $14.95 discount.BTW... why is the shipping so expensive?!?! It's $11.45 for UPS Ground, and $20 for UPS 3 day select. #####? Fed Ex was cheaper, but, you know...

:( Edited by linux731

Personally, I bought mine elswhere, I think Amazon.com. You should check various sites before making the final call. With computer parts for example, most people I think buy from Newegg, while they are much better now, they use to make a killing on shipping by charging every single order (so $4.95 shipping per 1 ounce cable). They've gotten better. People use to argue that they had the better prices but not at all when Zipzoomfly.com was open. Their prices were often a dollar more for the product, but had free shipping even on 80lb products (probably why they're no longer available). Anywho, the other reason sites are like that is because how they have their site set up. Some auto update, while most have a custom field price for the default while others are actually feeds from ups and fedex that have nothing to do with them and may be something also on their account.In your case though, it looks correct to me. UPS ground can be a week or more. Ground is ground transport only and can take 2 weeks in some cases (or more), while UPS 3 day select is guaranteed 3 days. When I order from someone, I often look for where they are. I'm in Boston, so if the company is in New Jersey, I will chose ground and have it in 2 days anyway. Hope that shines a little light on it, but looks like you should have shopped around from what I see.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Personally, I bought mine elswhere, I think Amazon.com. You should check various sites before making the final call. With computer parts for example, most people I think buy from Newegg, while they are much better now, they use to make a killing on shipping by charging every single order (so $4.95 shipping per 1 ounce cable). They've gotten better. People use to argue that they had the better prices but not at all when Zipzoomfly.com was open. Their prices were often a dollar more for the product, but had free shipping even on 80lb products (probably why they're no longer available). Anywho, the other reason sites are like that is because how they have their site set up. Some auto update, while most have a custom field price for the default while others are actually feeds from ups and fedex that have nothing to do with them and may be something also on their account.In your case though, it looks correct to me. UPS ground can be a week or more. Ground is ground transport only and can take 2 weeks in some cases (or more), while UPS 3 day select is guaranteed 3 days. When I order from someone, I often look for where they are. I'm in Boston, so if the company is in New Jersey, I will chose ground and have it in 2 days anyway. Hope that shines a little light on it, but looks like you should have shopped around from what I see.
Amazon doesn't have the Pro Clip. Been there done that.UPS > FedEx

Well, your welcome for taking the time to answer your other question.And UPS is not at all greater than Fedex. They both constantly change their policies and my UPS drinking buddy alone is far worst than the video (which is fake by the way).

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Wrap the proclip joints in electrical tape to strengthen it, trust me it breaks easily and when it does two thin wires are all you will have holding it together.

Wrap the proclip joints in electrical tape to strengthen it, trust me it breaks easily and when it does two thin wires are all you will have holding it together.
Don't worry.... I take excellent care of my stuff and nothing has ever broken in this room. :(

Don't worry.... I take excellent care of my stuff and nothing has ever broken in this room. :(
Classic last words.

Classic last words.
Yeah, no kidding.Actually, the clip that attaches the IR part has a break away clip design, so it's "meant" to break away easily before enough force can cause it to snap. If you look at my video, you'll see where mine broke. I mention it around 5:30. Let me know if yours is like that. It can take me a long time to fasten it (get it to click) around my headphones, and they're not at all too wide or anything. I think either it came like that or broke it without knowing.

Dan Prunier

Yeah, no kidding.Actually, the clip that attaches the IR part has a break away clip design, so it's "meant" to break away easily before enough force can cause it to snap. If you look at my video, you'll see where mine broke. I mention it around 5:30. Let me know if yours is like that. It can take me a long time to fasten it (get it to click) around my headphones, and they're not at all too wide or anything. I think either it came like that or broke it without knowing.
NP should have a warranty on the product, though, right?

You'll like it. Pure and simple!
Thanks for the cheer up! BTW, I saw the other post Ryan wrote (the one that you and Dan closed... lol). What is the program for, and what was Ryan talking about with the Profiles?