Sign in to follow this  
qantas747

Unable Crz Alt problem

Hey guys,For the last 3 flights I have made in the 737, I keep on getting a warning message on the FMC saying Unable Crz Alt. This happened when I had VNAV on, and what it did is it just climbed very slowly, at around 500 fpm, and also it wasn't accelerating. So I then had to turn off VNAV, and climb using the vertical speed function. After a few minutes it turned off the vertical speed, and autothrottle, and automatically put on level change and N1 for speed. So it was back to 200 fpm climb, and slow speed. Descending with VNAV is fine, it is just ascending. Just to let you know I have been flying from YSSY- YBBN, with a cruise alt of FL390, which is fine for this flight, as it is used in real life. I just recently started using FSinn instead of SquawkBox, could that have something to do with it?Cheers,Ollie

Oliver Benton

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I just recently started using FSinn instead of SquawkBox, could that have something to do with it?
Disable FSInn weather and see what happens.

Jay

Set-General-weather. Check the disable weather box.
Thanks mate, I love AVSIM forums due to the quick replies! Thanks guys for your help!

Oliver Benton

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

You can also click the CAVOK option on the FSInn control panel. If you have weather loaded and the temps arent right, that will clear all weather already loaded.

Jay

You can also click the CAVOK option on the FSInn control panel. If you have weather loaded and the temps arent right, that will clear all weather already loaded.
Not all the time, some times it bugs and you'll still get the temperature bug, even with CAVOK. Thats why I recommend disabling weather in the fsinn settings

Not all the time, some times it bugs and you'll still get the temperature bug, even with CAVOK. Thats why I recommend disabling weather in the fsinn settings
I was referring to external weather with FSInn weather disabled. Even with FSInn internal weather off, you can still run an external like ASE or FSrealwx, and if those temps are off, CAVOK will clear it, just make sure the little 'cloud' icon is lit next to the FSInn server and it should clear everything.

Jay

Although... do you get the FMC message with FSInn wx bug?Might just be that you are too heavy. Maybe real flight has less payload normally, or takes less fuel?