Sign in to follow this  
nehuge6348

I'll be at CES next week. What questions do you have for MS?

Forget it, you will be talking to the dev's who are making what they are ordered too, and maybe a PR guy, possibly an former Iraq spokesman.

I would ask if they have filled the two dev positions recently mentioned and chuckled over within this forum.Followed by gentle jokes regarding Dilbert-v-marketing.And then ask how by releasing the "Super Mario Airplane" video they seriously considered this might somehow please the actual simulation enthusiast.And conclude by visiting every booth at the show and coming back with full details of all the swag you managed to acquire :(**edit**I forgot to suggest asking when the "flap pedal" add-on will be made available. You might also wish to consider asking if "flight line" and "flux capacitors" are also modelled.

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg

I'd like to know if there are any elements of FSX that could be ported to Flight.BTW, does anybody really think something can be said that will alter their development plans in any fundamental way?I think the best thing we could hear from MS is that they'll support 3rd party development and provide a robust SDK, with lots of revealing personal preference options.

Specifics :How much for the WHOLE WORLD PACKAGE and when will it be available ?It is also just as important to know what IS included as what is NOT included.

Edited by m_av

I honestly think you should conclud the ''interview'' with this question..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPr-xsQvhgw :( :(

A serious question to them :Put on a steelyard :FSX + REX + Aerosoft airports + 737 NGXand on the other side FlightCould you please describe us why a customer ( both a simmer or a young gamer ) should buy Flight and therefore spend some money to miss all this stuff ?Thx

Print out several copies of this thread and hand it to each of the Microsoft reps. If you cannot address all of the items verbally at least they'll have a hard copy in hand to which they can refer. This thread thus far, has a multitude of intelligent and appropriate questions and suggestions (minus the obvious) that should not go unanswered.-George M

We all feel the same Mark. I think what Bert was getting at are there are more elequent ways of venting one's frustration at Microsoft than what you described. Anyway, peace and all that, no hard feelings :(
Exactly.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Guest jahman

Ask them how the port of Flight to the Zune is coming along.Cheers,- jahman.

Best not to do that or they may drop the airport buildings from the next version of flight.
More like all the buildings.... Have you seen videos of the Vegas strip in XP?

And finaly..''Did your mother drop you on your head at birth?''
My ques5ion would be:"Where do you live?"
This convo keeps making me crack up.... Very entertaining IMHO :(

Someone started a petition. Found it on the Flight fb pagehttp://www.change.org/petitions/microsoft-game-studiosmicrosoft-corportation-bring-back-microsoft-flight-simulator-seriesreopen-aces-studios

I'd like to know if there are any elements of FSX that could be ported to Flight.
What would that accomplish? If you could import all the missing sim features from FSX into Flight, what would the result be? FSX !Flight is nothing more than FSX stripped and denuded of any of the important real-sim aspects. So why import them back into Flight only to wind up with what you already have? You're going around in circles. Flight does not contain any envelope-pushing new code, either for graphic rendering or flight dynamics. It breaks no new ground.

For a productive question, ask them if they feel they can produce the same quality add-ons, particularly aircraft systems, that the devleopers they communicated with can produce. I'd love to hear their response to that.But what I would really ask them is why did they bother.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.